Family Issues

Dirty Little Secret

Footsteps could be heard from farther down the hall.

 

HoWon pulled MiMi’s shirt back up and grabbed her wrist.

 

“Follow me.”

 

She wasn’t really given a choice since he basically dragged her in the opposite direction of the incoming bystander. In her current state, she couldn’t fight back even if she wanted to. He led her into the Student Council room and locked the door. MiMi eyed him maliciously when he threw her on the couch before walking off. He pulled out a first aid kit, grabbing some hydrogen peroxide and bandages. She tried to cover herself, refusing to be manhandled again even if he was helping this time, but her efforts were futile as he merely collected her wrists into one hand and moved them down so he could pull her shirt down again.

 

“Let go of me, you-”

 

She gasped when he invaded her personal space by shoving his face right up so that their nose was almost touching.

 

“You aren’t in any position to be making demands. So shut up or I’ll use rubbing alcohol instead,” HoWon threatened. He smirked victoriously when she sneered, turning her head away, a silent cue of her submission. He let go of her arms, gently removing the soaked bandages. His face contorted in pain just looking at the wound and checked her reaction before continuing. She stayed emotionless to the fact that he half stripped her and to the very evident painful injury on her shoulder. He carefully cleaned out the open area and then proceeded to re-bandage the wound.

 

“How far did it go?” HoWon asked as he was wrapping.

 

MiMi looked back at him to see if he was seriously asking that, but answered anyways, “My shoulder blade stopped it but got fractured in the process, so I would very much appreciate it if you don’t manhandle me again.”

 

HoWon grinned crookedly when MiMi dropped her act as “MiHyun.”

 

“I see you’ve decided to come clean,” he commented, which made her sneer in annoyance. “I don’t know much about gangs but I’ve heard rumors about a blond gang with 6 guys. You guys are quite infamous. Who would have guessed that one of these guys would be a girl? So what’s your name? And where did a pretty girl like you learn to fight?”

 

“I feel no obligation to answer any of your questions. I already know you’re going to tell all your friends about my secret and I’m fully prepared to retaliate,” MiMi informed with a glare.

 

HoWon laughed, “Now why would I do something like that?”

 

“You’re…not going to tell your friends?” MiMi questioned, the doubt clear in her voice at his implication.

 

“Let’s make a deal. I won’t tell anyone your secret; in fact, I won’t even stop you from your mission.”

 

“…and what do you gain in return?”

 

 He paused in the middle of bandaging her wound to get a better look at her face up close with an alluring smirk. She was not shaken by his attractive face one bit and continued staring coldly at him.

 

“Leave WooHyun and go out with me. You’re trying to find information on us, aren’t you? I’ll let you use me, but give WooHyun back to Bekah. You must have realized by now how important he is to her.”

 

MiMi scoffed and commented sarcastically, “What a generous friend you are.”

 

His mouth opened to retort, but his eyes caught attention of something peeking out of the lower left side of her back. He looked up at MiMi to see her not paying attention to what he was doing behind her, so he ever so softly pulled just a little more of her shirt down to see what it was.

 

MiMi’s eyes popped open when she felt him pulling her shirt further down. Her instincts took over when she turned her whole body upside down and backwards over the couch with the momentum of her legs, kicked him in the head onto the floor and rolled up to a sitting position with both her legs under her on top of the couch.

 

“Ow, ow, ow, ow, owwww, that hurt!” MiMi cursed, clutching her shoulder in pain. HoWon had to shake off the impact from hitting the floor so unexpectedly, supporting his forehead so he could make out single rather than triple images of things again.

 

“Geez, is that any way to treat your boyfriend?” he groaned in pain, still holding his head.

 

“One, you are NOT my boyfriend. Two, that was a reflex. And three, does it LOOK like I wanted to do that?!” she winced, feeling her shoulder bring her more and more agony the louder her voice became. HoWon had meant to glare up at the woman that just attacked him so violently as a “reflex” and call bull on her only to realize she really was in a lot more pain than she started out with. He grabbed a heating patch from the first aid kit and ripped it open.

 

“Hold still.”

 

MiMi would have disagreed, but her shoulder was hurting too much for her to fight with him. She flinched noticeably when he pulled her shirt down again and even turned her head back at him.

 

“I won’t look,” he assured her, putting the patch over the bandages and pulling her shirt back up. He made no comment about the mark on her lower back, but it looked like a large scar, possibly a burn mark as she fixed her shirt so she looked more presentable.

 

“I’ll agree to your terms.”

 

HoWon turned his head to check if she was serious. She had a deadly laser eyes directed at him, but he was more concerned about the gun currently pointed right at his forehead.

 

“But you make one move that makes me think you’re lying to me and I’ll blow your brains out.”

 

~

 

SLAP.

 

The two magnaes of the group winced at the sound but refused to turn their heads at the scene before them, not wanting to see her expression. HimChan and YoungJae stared down sympathetically at MiMi, who was holding her cheek, stuck in the aftermath position from being struck so hard, too shock to move let alone respond. DaeHyun recovered from his initial shock quicker and immediately charged furiously at YongGook, who had been glaring harshly at MiMi. The leader redirected his body to the side and kneed him in the stomach before throwing him next to MiMi. As DaeHyun rolled around in pain to glower at YongGook, MiMi had yet to blink.

 

“You disobeyed me, not once but twice. How dare you change positions with DaeHyun when I specifically told you to go in first. Not only did you put your life in danger, you put DaeHyun’s life in danger. His body is nowhere near as tolerant with alcohol and drugs as yours and has no experience with dealing with that kind of . That’s YOUR specialty,” YongGook lectured, the anger and disappointment seething in his voice. “And unless I’m going senile, I’m fairly certain I made it abundantly clear that you were to stay in bed until your condition was more stable. And what did you do? You snuck out and went to school. Do you think you’re Wonder Woman? Do you want to die?!”

 

MiMi heard every word but had no response, so YongGook turned to DaeHyun.

 

“And you, have you lost your common sense? You know better than anyone how god awful tolerant you are of just alcohol let alone drugs. I’m well aware that MiMi has no foresight on things sometimes, but I expected better from you, DaeHyun.”

 

He crouched down to their level, his eyes softened at MiMi’s frozen state. With an exhausted sigh, he gently pulled MiMi and DaeHyun into a warm hug, clutching onto both of them tightly. He was extremely careful not to agitate MiMi’s wound in his bear hug.

 

“I thought I was going to lose you two. Don’t scare me like that again or I’ll ing kill both of you.” His voice quivered at the thought, tears slowly started to stream down his face. “I love you both like family. Do you know how much it hurt to see my little sister getting shot right in front of my eyes? I felt so useless. I was so angry at myself.”

 

“I’m sorry, YongGook-oppa…I’m sorry…” MiMi whimpered out finally while DaeHyun just hugged YongGook back, burying his face in their leader’s shoulder. JunHong couldn’t take it anymore and nearly tackled MiMi, crying.

 

“Noona…I thought…I thought you were gonna die…” JunHong cried, crimpling her shirt, clinging onto her for dear life.

 

JongUp nodded in agreement, “DaeHyunnie-hyung too…”

 

“Aish, seriously, I should have known you two were gonna do something retarded, but I didn’t think you would actually do it. I should be partially blamed for not catching you two in time…” YoungJae exclaimed in annoyance, ruffling his hair at his own oversight.

 

HimChan kneeled down and patted DaeHyun on the back with a kind smile.

 

“You have a family that cares and loves you two just as much, if not more, than blood relatives would. When you get hurt, we get hurt, araso?”

 

“…I’m sorry…” DaeHyun finally apologized as well.

 

~

 

HoWon poured himself a cup of tea right after he got home. As he sipped on his warm drink, he heard the door slam open, announcing the presence of an extremely agitated WooHyun.

 

“What did you do?”

 

HoWon placed his cup down with a sighed and turned his full attention at WooHyun.

 

“Name, age and purpose?” HoWon demanded WooHyun to be more specific when questioning him.

 

“Lee HoWon, why did my MiHyun break up with me saying she wasn’t right for me and that YOU of all people had agreed to be her boyfriend?! Yah, have you no honor?! You can’t go after your friend’s girlfriend!” WooHyun banged his hands down loudly, glaring down at HoWon, who was unfazed by WooHyun’s display of fury.

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

“…come over here. Come over here so I can beat you until your mom can’t recognize you!” WooHyun growled, charging after HoWon, who grabbed his cup of tea and darted around the table methodically so WooHyun would not be able to get him.

 

“Are you really so blind that you can’t see what’s right in front of you?” HoWon asked him, stopping him in his tracks.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Don’t play dumb, WooHyun. I know for a fact you’re just pretending to be clueless,” HoWon scoffed, smirking when WooHyun proved him right by looking away.

 

“S-She’s just a friend…a really good friend…” WooHyun mumbled, trying to convince himself.

 

“Look, WooHyun. I know you made her off-limits for yourself because you want her to have a ‘worthy of a first’ relationship and we all know you’re a player. But Bekah, your best friend that trusts you more than anyone else KNOWING you’re a player, needs YOU the most right now and you’re worried about MiHyun, a girl you have NO IDEA about?”

 

Suddenly, WooHyun’s reason for arguing with HoWon seemed to have lost its flame completely as he ran out just as fiercely as he barged in, his target changing completely.

 

“Mhmm, you’re welcome~” HoWon laughed, visibly proud of himself while pouring a little bit of honey into his tea, stirring it in.

 

~

 

The next day, EunWoo made an extra effort to stalk make sure DaeHyun was okay. She was unsatisfied with the lack of evidence of his appearance in the alley the other day. Of course, she was thankful that he wasn't hurt but she was still worried he was doing something extremely dangerous. Since those boys were clearly not answering any of her questions, she has no choice but to find some answers by herself.

 

Yes, this was their fault. They brought this upon themselves for not satisfying her curiosity.

 

She watched from afar as DaeHyun segregated himself a little from the rest of his group. YongGook patted him on the shoulder, giving him a sympathetic look as YoungJae pointed at him with a serious expression on his face.  She couldn't hear what he said, but DaeHyun reassured them both with a nod before parting in the opposite direction of the rest of them.

 

For the next half an hour, EunWoo tailed DaeHyun through everything he went through: busy streets, packed buses, jammed subways. Geez, if she didn’t know any better, she would think he was trying to lose her. EunWoo was relentless and refused to get lost if that was his real intentions.

 

“Flower shop?” she whispered to herself when the masked boy walked into a small botany store to buy a bouquet of flowers. “Is he going on a date? With that girl from before?”

 

She pouted at the thought, feeling even more determined than ever to not lose sight of him.

 

That speculation was long forgotten when she realized where he was going.

 

She hid behind a tree near him as he took of his mask and placed the flowers down between two graves. As exciting as it was for EunWoo to finally see DaeHyun without a mask, the atmosphere was much too gloomy for celebration.

 

DaeHyun kneeled down on the ground and bowed, showing his respect before greeting.

 

“Hello…it’s me, DaeHyun…I know I haven’t been coming here very much. I had been really busy lately and it’s a bit far to come here by myself. Have you been doing well?” he smiled sadly as his fingers outlined the engravings gently. “I got yelled at by YongGookie-hyung…you remember me telling you about our scary, recluse leader.”

 

“Even though he’s really intimidating and very harsh…he was really worried about me…” DaeHyun chuckled a little. “He kind of reminds me of Appa sometimes…”

 

“HimChannie-hyung told me that we’re like a family…that’s okay, right? They can be loud and obnoxious, get into my personal space, lazy when it comes to cleaning up after themselves, troublesome to wake up. And you’ll always be my real family, but…” He smiled warmly at the thought. “…they’re also my family now…”

 

He got up and stared down at the graves. His eyes suddenly glassed over in an internal, boiling anger and his voice deepened significantly as he spat out in disgusted.

 

“I promise I’ll get revenge for you. I will punish him with my own hands if it’s the last thing I do. Him…and that assassin. I love you.”

 

He finished with a sigh, bowing once more before leaving. After he was gone, EunWoo walked over quietly and looked down at the gravestones he was looking at. She gasped, covering , tears threatening to come out yet she refused to let them.

 

“Oh my gosh…DaeHyun-sshi…no…”

 

Jung SangKyu

Husband of Jung SoYoung

Father of Jung DaeHyun and Jung DaeHee

8 July 1958 – 27 June 2006

 

Jung SoYoung

Wife of Jung SangKyu

Mother of Jung DaeHyun and Jung DaeHee

29 November 1958 – 27 June 2006

 

Jung DaeHee

Daughter of Jung SangKyu and Jung SoYoung

28 June 1993 – 27 June 2006

 

=====================================================================

 

NUUUUUUUUUUUUU, DAEHYUN-SSHI~! ;______________; Why?!

 

DaeHyun: …aren’t you the one that wrote this? You don’t have any right to cry about this. =___=

 

 

You and your logical nonsense.

 

Err…sooo…hopefully this chapter answered some of the questions from the last chapter. At least I tried to. But if not, I have no problem answering more questions that I might have overlooked. XD (Unless I purposely left it out. In that case, YOU’LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT!)

 

So I have like…2 exams tomorrow and a load of stuff to do as my semester is coming to a close. So I need to force myself to be on hiatus for writing so I can get work done.

 

BUT!

 

This story broke 1k views! And I was so happy and thankful that people are at least skimming through this so I thought I would give you guys one last update before I poof for a bit! T^T

 

Thank you to all my subscribers and commentors for supporting me! You guys make me want to just do nothing but write…which is not good…because I have a lot of work…

 

I have to keep this short because I do need to get back to work. ;___;

 

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

 

I’LL BE BACK.

 

(especially if I feel like procrastinating…)

 

~Kira :3

 

P.S. B.A.P “Power” Comeback Performances = ♥