she is like fire. [e]

for u & mi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin is like fire. Hot. Yes. But that’s not just it. To Minjeong she’s like fire. Dangerous yet could be so fascinating to see. Not that she likes it when things get burned. She’s afraid of it, to be honest. But you know. Fire could also be light… comfort… warmth. Only if handled with care.

Jimin is dangerous. She is never afraid. If she finds something she doesn’t like, she does not hesitate to tell, even if it could get them all in trouble. She kicks erted men’s asses. She pulls hairs of es who talk . She’s never afraid to confront people who only know how to gossip but never understand the truth.

She’s intense and bold, never afraid to try new things. She could spend nights discovering new secret places and of course, if not Yizhuo or Aeri, Minjeong is the one who always gets dragged. Jimin would find another new trick on skateboards and she would never stop until she gets it. Minjeong often nags her about her wounds and bruises but Jimin would just smile and say it’s all because of hard work and fun.

And fascinating. Who wouldn’t get attracted to the Yu Jimin? Despite many people who hate her guts, a lot also find her cool, amazing and talented. Strong and independent woman, they say. And Minjeong totally agrees, except that’s not just what fascinates her about Jimin.

People envy Minjeong. Because how does someone so quiet, who dismisses everyone off, get the attention of Jimin? Moreover, having Jimin insisting her presence to her? Minjeong is so sure that a lot of people already want to tackle her to the ground if only Jimin leaves her side.

It started when they became classmates in a first year music class. Minjeong was scolded for answering incorrectly on the definition of waltz. She was silent but it’s because she's contemplating if she should get the book and prove that she's right but then Jimin is already standing up, with an open book in her hand, suddenly reading the definition. The professor was furious but mostly because Minjeong was actually right.

Since then Jimin joins her in lunch and would often walk with her to the classes they have together. She never forces Minjeong to talk. Jimin would sit beside Minjeong, sometimes alone, sometimes with a few of her girl friends. And Jimin would talk endlessly, with an occasional “Right, Minjeong?” or something like making her choose between two things like food they should order or movie that’s good to watch.

Minjeong likes being alone, but Jimin never irks her. If only people know, Jimin is different when they’re alone. She is whiny, POUTY, and has lots of random thoughts people would never expect her to have. And less loud. She doesn’t know why Jimin chose to stick with her, but she’s relieved also. They don’t know how Jimin has lots of Jazz Waltz vinyls in her room instead of hip hop tapes, the only genre she dances at school.



 

“Why don’t you dance them in school?”

“People find it boring, anyway… And I want it to be something that I do to relax… to not be required to practice for hours just to get applauded.”

“Hmm, right.”

“And I have you to dance with me.”

“What?? No! You know I don’t dance.”

“And now you’ll learn!”

 

-

 

“Minjeong?”

“Why are you still up?”

“You are too. You picked up the phone.”

“What’s up?

“Let’s go out.”

“Now?”

“Yes, I can’t sleep.”

“It’s late. And cold too.”

“But…”

“We have the graded performance tomorrow too.

You need to rest your body.”

“Minjeong~~”

“I can’t Jimin.”

“... Oh, okay… Right. Sorry…”

“...”

“...”

“We’ll go out after class tomorrow.”

“What? Really?”

“Hmm…”

“Promise?”

“Yes, Promise. Now, go get some sleep, big baby.”

“Yah!”

“*chuckles* Milk helps. Good night, Jimin.”

“Good night, Minjeong.”

 

-

 

“I can’t believe they actually ditched us!”

“Let Aeri and Yizhuo be.”

“I’m so gonna kick their asses when I see them.”

“Come on. You can’t always third wheel their dates.”

“But you’ll come with me, right? That’s not third wheeling then!”

“...”

“Right, Minjeong?”

“...”

“Minjeong?”

"...O-oh, huh? What? I’m sorry… What did you say?”

“I said that if we join their dates then I won’t be third wheeling them then…”

“Oh… right.”

“See? Let’s go out, us four, next time!”

“Hmm…”

 

-

 

Minjeong never wanted to touch fire, but what if the fire touches her. Would she be forever afraid? Jimin came into her life, so sudden and unexpected. And she would’ve been afraid, but she wasn’t. Minjeong stood there and actually waited. She would have ran, or pushed her away. But she let herself get pulled. She let herself feel the fire. And suddenly, what once fearful for her became her light, comfort and warmth.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter