borderline. [e]

for u & mi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

see you later // jenna raine

 

 

All her life, Minjeong had always tried to brace herself for the worst. It's like calculating life and making a huge imaginary map in your brain of everything and anything that could happen.

 

Just like Endgame. She would even chuckle at the thought. It was always somehow interesting.

 

Not that she had experienced a lot of it. Maybe that's just how it is when as you grow up, you unconsciously made an agreement with yourself that no matter what could happen, you had to make sure you did everything you could.

 

Or that you don't let yourself be beaten up by all those what ifs and regrets. Because when that worst happens, and it could hurt, you'll only lose whatever you've chosen to give.

 

This. Minjeong isn't sure if it's one of the worst. It could always happen. She didn't anticipate for it to occur, of course. Why would she when all she ever wanted is for everything to turn out well, if not great.

 

She wanted it – whatever this is that they may have – to be at least good. Yet everyone knows. Everyone who loves would know that things could happen.

 

Should she smile? Walk away? Comfort her?

 

Damn Minjeong… Maybe just calm down… collect your thoughts.

 

Her leg shakes as she thinks of how to respond. Minjeong could feel her eyes on her, hear her sigh… Waiting.

 

She can't collect her thoughts right now. She's never done it before – trying to formulate an immediate response for situations like this. She'd always try to write them all down, making sure she never misses and makes everything clear.

 

"Minjeong… you don't have to tell me anything right now. I just… I just thought I should let you know. While it's early…"

 

Minjeong looks up at her and, immediately, looks away too. Maybe she should've kept her gaze anywhere but on her.

 

She saw a glimpse of the pained look in the girl's eyes.

 

Times like this are when Aeri would say that she should be selfish just for once. To think about how later, when she gets home, she would curl into the corner of her bed, finally not numb… finally feeling the aftermath.

 

But then she can't. Minjeong can't because she looked and she had always hated whenever she had to see that look in her eyes. Because then she would put her first again… like how she always does.

 

I want to… But I don't know if I can, Minjeong. The words keep echoing in her mind. I don't know if I can…

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter