But is he being true?

The First Snow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chanyeol considers himself lucky that he could set up the Christmas tree this year because work wouldn't get in his way this time. He had already done that with his best friends a few days after his twenty fifth birthday. The best friends, Shin May and Kim Jongdae, that have been his roommates since their college days also agreed that they would seal the Christmas celebration with a three-day trip to Gangwon-do. It would be their first trip together after Chanyeol landed a job in one of the biggest broadcasting companies three months ago-- thanks to the connection he got from his sister. He isn't ashamed of it, because... honestly speaking connection is what people build these days. The three of them are so excited for this plan.

Also, they wouldn't miss the joy of unwrapping the usual gifts they exchange, except for Chanyeol, he wishes to give May another secret gift he doesn't need Jongdae to know.

Chanyeol's infatuation for May was declared openly in the air in the last year of high school, but she really broke his heart in pieces because... one, he isn't Oh Sehun, their best friend who is now leading a good life in California. Although May didn't end up with Sehun, he still doesn't understand why she never sees him the way he's been seeing her, even after seven years.

For goodness sake, seven years, he is unmoved, stuck with the sad high school romance. Well, he isn't that sad.

But maybe, this Christmas, she'd give him a chance. He doesn't mind if it happens after he hands her the secret gift during the first snow of the year-- because according to May who's working in the National Weather Service, the first snow in Gangwon-do will fall around the time they vacation there.

Oh, how he wishes for the perfect time...

His secret gift for May is a gold necklace with a lovely pendant which he bought on his birthday. Really, he can't wait seeing her reaction.

His phone buzzes and when he opens it, it is a picture of his sister baking for the Christmas festivity. Her tongue is sticking out that makes him half chuckle.

"With a smile on your face, what are you reading? A text from Bora?" And it's Jongdae, his accountant best friend who returns from the convenience store with May. 

"Who is Bora?" May reacts to the name that she never heard before.

Before replying, Chanyeol takes his time to glance at May. She looks just like any other girl in the cold weather wearing her jeans and padded jacket, but there is always something interesting about her, from the way she moves to her fluffy long hair that she ties in a loose ponytail-- she loves tying her hair since high school.

She doesn't change, so does his feelings to her.

He clears his throat. "Bora is my... how should I put it in words? We're the PG-13 version of friends with benefits. Yeah, I think that's the closest right term to describe the connection between us."

"What's that supposed to mean?" May asks as she's unloading the goods fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter