It's nice to see you again

Reunion

Reunion

It's nice to see you again

 

 

Kim Jonghyun was a world renowned singer, loved and praised by the whole world. His voice was ethereal, soft and magical; he gained popularity quite fast after he graduated high school. He always played at bars and small venues, trying to make some extra cash and a name for himself; until the day came when an agent scouted him to be where he was today. There was only one person who cheered him on, who supported him no matter how lame he sounded; his first love, Kim Kibum. 

They were best friends, promising to stay in touch after Key was accepted to study internationally in the states. However, they slowly became too busy with their lives. Jonghyun working hard and practicing daily to debut as a singer, while Key studied hard and got his dream career in fashion design. Exactly what he loved, Jonghyun was proud. The older hadn't heard from him though, only following one another on social media to keep up, but still failing to send one another a simple message. They grew distant and it made Jonghyun's heart ache. 

But when he made his way backstage, away from the screaming fans, his manager told him about a certain invite about a school reunion. At first he declined, telling his manager to throw out the invite. But the longer he thought about it, and with a little convincing from Jinki, and the name Kibum getting thrown out, he finally said yes. Jinki was also a friend of Key's as they all met in high school, and he also knew about Jonghyuns 'one sided love'. Luckily he'll be there to help Jonghyun out of his nerves if it gets too messy.

At first, Jonghyun didnt know how to approach the younger. He didnt want people hounding him at the door as soon as he walked in, he just wanted to find Kibum. So when Jonghyun parked his ferrari, he didnt expect cameras in his face. How the hell did these people even know the venue's address? They clearly must have followed him, immediately noticing the mistake he made in driving his luxurious car. 

He quickly covered his face and ran inside, security immediatly recognizing him and ran to his side, helping him enter the venue without getting trampled on. Maybe it was a bad idea not coming with his manager or body gaurd, but he was here now. He just needed to find Kibum. 

Walking through the corridor, he noticed people he assumed were his school mates, whispering and taking pictures as he walked by. Give him a break, he couldnt even attend his high school reunion without his picture getting taken. He shrugged, accepting the fact that he signed up for this 10 years ago, he shouldve been used to it by now. 

"Jonghyun!" Hearing Jinki's voice calling him, he looked up and walked faster towards him, trying to avoid people who were slowly becoming more confident with their approaches. 

"Hyung! Thank god!" Jonghyun breathed out, feeling like his heart was beating a mile a minute. "It's like they havent seen a celebrity before." Jinki scoffed.

"It's fine, let's go inside before someone walks up to me." Jinki nodded and led Jonghyun to the entrance of the hall. It was a bit big, circular tables with wine glasses covered the room. White flowers decorating the room matching the esthetic of the reunion, 'Black & White'. Everyone was dressed so elegantly, Jonghyun was glad he wore his best suite.

Black slacks, white dress shirt and black velvet jacket, he wanted to look extra expensive tonight. Especially if he had to impress a certain fashion designer. He owned all of Key's designs but he didnt want to seem too eager and creepy by dressing up in his garments tonight, so he did the next best thing he could. At least try to find clothing that looked decent enough compared to Kibum's breathtaking designs.

"Kibum's here." Jinki motioned with his eyes, Jonghyun couldnt help but follow his line of sight. He was the most beautiful being on this planet, Jonghyun thought. Kibum was dressed in black slacks, a white dress shirt that looked like it had a design embroidered, and a white blazer with the same embroidery. Raven hair falling gently on each side of his face, dimples showing as he laughed to whatever the other person was saying. He looked like an angel.

"Close your mouth, you have drool all over." Jinki laughed at his own joke, watching the singer admire the younger from afar was laughable. If only he knew.

"Whatever hyung. He looks amazing tonight." Jonghyun gently smiled, unable to keep his eyes off his first love. 

"It looks like they're coming over here." Jinki advised the singer, noticing that he wasnt paying attention.

"Hm?"

"He's coming over here." Jinki said annoyed, rolling his eyes at his lovestruck friend. At this point, he didnt care if Jonghyun embarresed himself. He did warn him. 

"Hey Jonghyun hyung, Jinki hyung!" Taemin greeted both of the excitedly, Key quietly smiling at his side. 

"Hey you guys," Jinki gave both of them a hug, "I cant believe its been 10 years, am I right?!"

The two younger men chuckled at their hyung, he was always so dopey and cute, they missed their hyung. However, a certain singer was standing dumbstruck at the turn of events. Jinki nudged him on his side.

"H-hey!" Damn it, the singer cursed himself for stuttering.

As if they didnt notice, they both smiled back at him. Taemin started noticing that both the singer and designer were awkwardly avoiding eye contact, he eyed Jinki who gave him a knowing smile. Everyone knew Kim Jonghyun and Kim Kibum were completely infatuated with one another, but they were too dumb to do anything about it; keeping their one-sided love forever one-sided.

"Key hyung and I were just talking about your last concert hyung. It was awesome! I can't believe you're an actual celebrity now!" Taemin enthused, trying to make conversation, slowly bringing them out of that awkward state. Key immediatly gives Taemin a look as if to shut him up, but the maknae was too proud to stop now.

"U-uh thank you, I can't believe you actually watch it." Jonghyun said mainly to Kibum, blushing. 

"Yup! Key-hyung actually owns all your albums as well as the records. He's obsess—ouch!" Key elbowed the maknae harshly, succeeding in shutting him up.

"Really?' Jonghyun eyed Key, genuinly wanting to know.

"Y-yeah, you sing really well Jong." Nickname accidently slipping out, making both their hearts skip a beat, and make Jonghyun smile brightly.

As if on cue, Jinki and Taemin eyed one another and walked away, waving down Minho who was walking towards them. "Hey guys!" Minho bear hugged both of them, smiling ear to ear. "Is that Jonghyun and Key?" They both nodded at him. "Ahhh, got it." Immediatly understanding the scene in front of him. The three men decided to mind their business and allow the love to flourish on its own. If it was meant to be, it was bound to happen.

 

"You look amazing, Kibum." Jonghyun complimented the younger, he couldnt help it. Even after 10 years, the older would find the opportunity to inform his best friend how good he always looked, especially tonight. 

Key smiled gently, blushing at the olders words. "You look very handsome too, Jonghyun." They stood there, awkwardly smiling at one another, holding back words they've been wanting to say for over 10 years now. 

"I see you're doing really well in your designing. I bought a couple pieces, I couldnt help myself." Jonghyun scratched the back of his head, looking down in embaressment. He couldnt believe he just admited that, techinically his whole closet was designed by Key, but the younger didnt need to know that..

"Really? I didnt know you...did that." Usually Key knew who purchased his designs. They were very expensive pieces, costing a minimum $500 for a belt, so Key always recieved a book containing names of all his clients. Except for one, who always asked to stay anonymous. Key found it odd at first, why would someone purchase both mens and womens? In the end he assumed it was some rich guy buying himself and his wife clothing.

The person would always purchase his every single garment as soon as they came out. His assistant told him that it was a high profile celebrity that didnt want to share his name, confusing but understandable. Many celebrities nowadays would stay anonymous for the mere reason of staying out of tabloids. Over time, Key couldnt help but grow fond of his loyal customer so he allowed his anonymity. Until now.

"Yeah, I just...wanted to support you. Like you always supported me." Jonghyun didnt realize he just outed himself as the anonymous buyer, however, Key had something else on his mind. The younger couldnt help but blush at the olders words. 

"Thank you Jong. That means the world to me." Key smiled, dimples painting his face—Jonghyun's favourite. They couldnt stop staring into one anothers eyes, until.....

*CLICK* CLICK* FLASH

Looking to his side, Jonghyun panicked. Great, he couldnt even have a proper conversation without people interrupting them. Growling, he grabbed Keys hand, leading him to a door with an exit sign. Opening the door, Jonghyun helped Key inside and closed the door behind them. "I think theres a rooftop we can go to." Key suggested, still blushing at their connected hands.

"Let's go." Jonghyun nodded, leading them both up the stairs until they reached the top, not realzing he was still holding the youngers hand. It wasnt a long flight of stairs, just three stories, so he couldnt enjoy the warmth of the designers hand long enough. Letting go of Keys hand, he opens the door to the roof and follows his first love outside, breathing in the cool air.

"I'm sorry about that...down there." Jonghyun tried apologizing on behalf of his crazed 'fans'. Key chuckled softly, "Its alright Jong. To be expected when you're the best friend of legendary singer Kim Jonghyun." 

The older froze, 'best friend'. 

"T-that's not what I-I meant..." Key noticing the older mans tense stare, realizing what he just said. 

"What do you mean?" Jonghyun said, the youngers eyes widened, shocked at the unexpected bluntness of the singer.

"W-what?" Key stuttered.

"How long are we going to do this for Kibum?" Jonghyun didnt know where his bravery came from. Maybe it was the wine in his hand but he didnt have time to think about how it ended up in his hand or why he drank. "How long are we going to run in circles around one another?"

Key gulped, Jonghyun always called him by his real name. Key always hated his own name, it was plain and average. But Jonghyun always told him otherwise. He always told him that his real name was beautiful, that he didnt need to change his name; because of that the younger kept his legal name but adapted a nickname instead. That was one of the many reasons Key fell in love with the older.

"I'm not letting you go this time. I suffered 10 years without you, not again." Jonghyun slowly confessed, not bothering to stop himself, plus this wine gave him a bit of courage that he didnt know he needed. 

"Jong...." Key breathed out, a tear falling down his eye. He didnt know what to say. He felt lost, for the first time in 10 years, Key felt lost.

"I'm in love with you. So deeply in love that I cant breathe sometimes." Jonghyun leaned his forehead against Keys, eyes closed as tears threatened to break out. Keys hands moved up to Jonghyuns neck, pulling his face towards him, their lips met claiming one another.

The kiss deepened as they breathed eachother in, their noses brushing as Jonghyuns hands moved down Keys lower back to pull him more into his body. They waited 10 years to confess, and 10 years to finally kiss. Frustrations metling away and replaced with relief and happiness. 

Breaking apart, Key whispered, "I love you even more." They looked into one anothers eyes, smiles breaking out on their faces, only to lean back in and slowly claim one anothers lips again.

*CLICK* *CLICK* FLASH

"Woohoo!!" 

"They finally KISSED!"

"MAKE BABIES!"

Shocked at the sudden intrusion, the flushed couple turn to see their three other friends taking pictures and teasing them. "Y-YaH!" Jonghyun pointed out, yelling at the three friends, his other arm still holding Key close to him. 

Key laughed and pulled Jonghyuns face back towards him, both of them smiling before they ravished one anothers lips again.

 

Fin.

________________________________________________________

 

Tell me how your liking the oneshots!

I have a few more saved on my computer that I want to publish, I just have a lot of editing to do since they're all from a few years back. 

I'm thinking of just creating a collection of oneshots, would ya'll be down to read any of them? Let me know!

I hope you're enjoying everything so far!!

xoxo