To All the Future Meetings

The One Who Drank From The Fountain of Youth

Heeeeey, it's been what, 6 months? Haha...ha please don't kill me. Anyway, it's the final chapter, I had more trouble than I thought writing it, it's probably why it's a bit short. 

Also don't worry, there are two extras to the story! I hope you'll enjoy the story :)

 



 

 

Those days, Kyuhyun thought Yesung looked like the clouds in the sky.


 

Those thoughts came into his mind one day after seeing Yesung disappear from his view once again after seeing him for the first time in a few months.

 

Like a cloud, Yesung could stay in the same place for hours, days, and months, moving so slowly, that for someone with a normal lifespan, he could seem like an extremely sedentary individual, who never moves from where he is living. Yesung could observe time and the world as it spun around, sometimes as if he wasn’t one to be concerned by the world moving, as if he was the only one stuck in place.

 

But like a cloud, the wind will eventually blow harder than usual, and as if he had never been there in the first place, he’ll leave, leaving nothing behind him.

 

Like a cloud, Yesung felt as if he wasn’t very tangible, as if you could go through him unaffected as if he didn’t really exist, yet you could still see and observe him. Kyuhyun never really liked this part of him, he tried since they met to grab the cloud and put it close to his heart, and eventually, he thought he had done it. But sometimes it felt like the cloud kept going away, far away from him, because a cloud always leaves with the wind, and no matter how much Kyuhyun tries to keep it, it’ll eventually go away from his grasp.

 

Kyuhyun couldn’t wait for the day when Yesung would not go away from him, the day when the cloud would stay next to him; he was jealous of the wind that could keep the man he loved so far away from him. He wanted to become the wind and gently put Yesung in the direction he wanted, which would follow him no matter what.

 

Like a cloud, Yesung didn’t care about the things around him, he’ll move until one day the air will dry, and he’ll disappear as if he never existed. Kyuhyun feared this day the most, he could only hope his father would let him join his lover if it ever happened, to the place where humans go when they don’t exist on earth anymore.

 

Because no matter how cloud-like Yesung was, he was still human in the end. And like a human, he felt. 

 

He loved.

 

Kyuhyun desperately hoped that the signs he saw all the time were signs of love and that one day, soon enough, he’ll hear those words that’ll soothe his heart and make him smile even more.

 

Because if Yesung was like a Cloud, Kyuhyun was the sun.

 

Like the sun, he’ll appear when the clouds go away from the place it stayed on for too long, he’ll illuminate the place with his light and soothe the hearts of men who didn’t see him for too long, he’ll dry the grass and clear the sky. But the sun is only appreciated if it’s hidden once in a while, and the sun will always follow the clouds, always staying right behind them, observing, waiting. 

 

The sun doesn’t follow the wind, but the sun always sees it no matter where it blows.

 

Like the sun, touching him was easy, but burning; if you approach the sun too closely, you’ll only burn; it’s beautiful, natural, something we all need to survive, but nobody can touch it without dying. Kyuhyun wasn’t really the sun, but he knew loving him too strongly for humans came at a cost, one where he couldn’t stay with them too long, or if he did, meaning he’ll see them die while staying eternally young. 

 

Maybe a cloud that didn’t die next to him was enough for this sun. 

 

Like the sun, Kyuhyun always was here in the morning for the people who needed him; no matter what yesterday was made of, Kyuhyun will always be here, no matter if it was in the north, in the south, in the east, or west, Kyuhyun was here. It didn’t matter if his little cloud moved and moved because Kyuhyun would always be near, no matter what.

 

And if the cloud is bounded to die and the sun bounded to live, the sun will shine even more until it can reach its little cloud in death.

 

Kyuhyun smiled at this thought.

 

The world kept spinning after all; no matter how fast the cloud moved, the sun was always behind in the end.

 

Kyuhyun wasn’t really the sun, and Yesung wasn’t really a cloud; they just were two beings roaming the earth, one in quest of knowing what was his purpose now on earth, while the other knew of his but just wanted to spend his life now next to the one who didn’t have one.

 

Kyuhyun thought Yesung didn’t need a purpose and didn’t need to try so hard to find one; he told him one day, teasing him, that his purpose could be only to make him happy.

 

Yesung only looked at him in disbelief and took his hand while rolling his eyes as he often did those days, Kyuhyun was happy that Yesung looked more and more alive, even though he wasn’t sure if he looked as happy when he wasn’t here Kyuhyun didn’t know if the thought made him happy or sad.

 

But Kyuhyun meant it. Not everything in this world needed a purpose, and Yesung didn’t need one to be happy. 

 

However, if it were the only way for Yesung to be alive again, he would be the happiest deity on earth to help him on this journey.

 

The world keeps moving, humanity keeps walking, and tomorrow the sun will be up in the sky, and the clouds will roam under it as always.

 

And Kyuhyun will once again meet with the deity, the man, he loved the most.

 

“Good evening, Kyuhyun”

 

 Kyuhyun only smiled; the wind brought him back his little cloud.

 

“Good evening Yesung.”

 

A new meeting is taking place, a new story is beginning, and a new memory is being created. 


 

A new day is blooming in the sky, and a story is starting again.


 



 

I hope you all enjoyed it! Please wait about the extras! Haha