First Meeting

The One Who Drank From The Fountain of Youth

 

 

There’s a legend about a man drinking from the fountain of youth.

 

A man who spent his entire life searching for it, and when his life was coming close to an end, he finally found it.

 

The man never talked to anyone about the fountain or what it looked like; just one day, he came back, looking as he used to when he was in his twenties, and no one knew exactly why. 

 

The man carried many names during his lifetime, but he was known amongst the others immortals as Yesung, the one with a beautiful voice. 

 

Immortals roamed the earth, and every one of them knew of Yesung. He was a man with many legends surrounding him, but all the immortals who met him, no matter what kind of immortal they were, agreed on many things about him.

 

Yesung was a cursed man, they say. One who cursed himself into a life of loneliness, one you could actually see him carrying on his face, in his voice.

 

Yesung was a man who never smiled, they say, as he regretted his choice of drinking from the fountain of youth.

 

Yesung is a lonely man, they say, as no one else ever drank from the fountain, so no one knows precisely what it’s like to be in his place.


Yesung is a beautiful man, they say. 

 

With hair as white as the first snow, the only thing that stayed when he became young again, lips as pink as a budding rose and eyes as sharp as a knife.

 

But Yesung is as cursed as he is beautiful, they say.

 

Don’t approach him, they say, as his loneliness and melancholy will affect you as soon as you get closer to him. Yesung is as beautiful as a galaxy, vast, beautiful, and full of colors, but the anxiety and loneliness you’ll feel near it aren’t worth the prize. Get away, don’t come closer.


Many things are said, indeed, about the drinker of the fountain of youth.


And Kyuhyun never cared about any of them.

 

Kyuhyun was a young immortal, one who had been born just a few decades on this earth, born from the sun, who wanted another of his children to roam the world and spread joy into the heart of men, with doe eyes, a beautiful voice, and a colorful character; the sun loved his new child. 

 

But as one, Kyuhyun was full of curiosity. He wasn’t a child; it didn’t mean anything to people like him, but who was this man his brothers and sisters kept talking about as if he was such a secret, a legend, an anomaly in their lives? Who was the man? For the few who met him, they couldn’t stop talking about him as if he was not what he was at first, a human.

 

Some immortals were humans first, but not many technically didn’t remain as ones after they became immortals. Yesung was a bit of a particular case in that sense, and he was curious about why his siblings and fellow immortals weren’t more interested in his case.

 

“It’s because of the way the Drinker is,” said one of his sisters once, “he just carries this…atmosphere with him. As if he couldn’t wait for the world to stop spinning,” she sighed, looking at his curious eyes, “don’t approach him too much Kyu, he’s not dangerous, but nothing good would come out of this, I promise.” 

 

It only made him even more curious.

 

So who could blame him when the occasion to meet him was presented to Kyuhyun? He took it instantly.

 

Once in a while, immortals met each other for no reason in particular; when you can’t die, most things start not to look so severe anymore. And for once, he heard that Yesung decided to attend one of those meetings. Kyuhyun tended to dislike them, but this time, as soon as he heard about Yesung attending, he thought he hadn’t any choice but to go.


They say many things about The one who drank from the fountain of youth.


But amongst them all, Kyuhyun thought they undermined how beautiful he was. 

 

How ethereal he looked. 

 

When Kyuhyun approached him during this meeting, he was only met at first with dull eyes with a hint of wariness, probably because he wasn’t sure why one of the sons of the Sun was approaching him.

 

Kyuhyun would for eternity the first time he heard Yesung’s voice.

 

“Can I help you?”

 

It wasn’t anything special, but it still sent chills down his back. The immortals were right about one thing: Yesung’s voice was magical, as calm and beautiful as the sea, but as deep and lonely as well. 

 

So special he could only stare at the man for a few seconds without saying anything, probably a bit too much, cause after a few seconds, he started to look uncomfortable and spoke again.

 

“Do you need anything? If you don’t, please leave.”

 

The sharp words of his interlocutor snapped him out of his reverie, those piercing eyes on him didn't look too happy, and he looked like he was ready to leave himself at any moment, but that won’t do.

 

“Yesung, is that right? I’m Kyuhyun. Sorry for that; I just got curious.” He said, with his best smile on. “I hope I didn’t make you uncomfortable.” 

 

Yesung clearly relaxed at that, and the fighting position he took, which Kyuhyun noticed only now, disappeared as well.

 

“You’ll not be the first one.” He murmured instead.

 

Kyuhyun laughed at that, which looked like it surprised Yesung.

 

“No, I suppose not,” he said with mirth in his voice, “you’re a man of many legends, do you know?”

 

“Unfortunately, I do.”

 

The answer made Kyuhyun smile again, and Yesung finally relaxed entirely. Kyuhyun didn’t understand why so many terrible rumors were about him when he looked so… perfect. 

 

Those sharp eyes fell on his face once again, and he could see the start of a slight smile on his beautiful face, making his cheeks stand out a bit more, and they were as soft looking as the rest, ready to be pinched. 


“You really are beautiful,” Kyuhyun said in awe.

 

Those words looked like they surprised Yesung a lot at how sudden they were, and Kyuhyun could see a slight blush forming on those cheeks. Did people not tell him this enough? How beautiful he was?

 

Without realizing what he was doing, he instinctively started to put his fingertips on the other man's cheek, as if he had been pulled by an invisible force to touch him. Those wide eyes kept looking at him, not moving, as if he didn’t understand what was happening right now. 

 

Time was a weird concept to immortals, so Kyuhyun couldn’t tell how long he stayed there, looking straight into the other’s man eyes while softly touching his cheek. 

 

It felt magical, as if nothing around them existed anymore, no matter how public what was happening was, no matter how scolded he would be after that, nothing mattered except those beautiful eyes, this beautiful man, who wasn’t stopping him either. As if they were both stuck in time, forever.

 

Kyuhyun wouldn’t have minded staying like that for eternity. It felt so right. Something happened at this moment; he wasn’t sure what, but he instantly knew. No matter who this man was, he needed to know more, be with him more, and feel him more.

 

And that’s when he realized that when he foolishly started to move again, that the spell broke. 

 

Yesung snapped out of it and instantly shoved his arm out of him; as he had been stung, he looked more paralyzed for a few seconds, as Kyuhyun was, and started to move. 

 

“Wait, Yesun-”

 

But he didn’t finish his own sentence, that the other man cut him.

 

“Don’t try.”

 

Those sharp eyes looked at him again, making him stop in his movement to catch him again. He didn’t look angry. He just looked serious and really, really sad. 

 

They kept looking at each other for a few more seconds; Yesung looked like he wanted to say something more important, but advised against it. And finally, without a word, he left the scene.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes never left him until he left his field of view. And suddenly, he remembered where he was. 

 

People were staring.

 

However, no matter how heavy their stare was or how his sister looked gravely at him as if he had made a colossal mistake, Kyuhyun didn’t care. Deep down, he knew that it wasn’t the end and that soon enough, he’d find him again. 

 

What happened there wasn’t only felt by him; he knew it, he was sure of it, and no matter the reason why Yesung thought it was to run away from this, he’ll find him again and convince him, slowly, patiently, that he doesn’t need to.

 

It didn’t matter how many times he’ll have to meet him for that, nor how long it would take, they were immortals, after all.

 


Eternity was theirs.

 

 



 

I hope you liked it! Please a comment if you did :)!!