I Hate Hospitals

WINRINA: Phases
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On a different universe...

 

 

I've always hated hospitals. I guess it started back when I was a kid. Growing up I never spent much time with my parents who were always busy with their jobs. They're both doctors who prioritized their profession more than themselves, more than their family, and more than their kids.

They had me and my sister early on in their marriage and right at the peak of both their careers. Sometimes I wonder if they have any regrets having us, but I'm too much far gone to even care about it anymore.

There is no use to cry over spilled milk.

I'm not the same young girl who only ever dreamed of spending time with her family.

Ate Irene grew up to be just like them. I mean she was raised to be one of them.

The moment she told them she wants to pursue medicine was the very first time I saw my mother cry in joy and father smile in genuine happiness. Among the two of us she has always been the model child, you could say she had it easier, but I don't hate her one bit for it.

 

 

I hate hospital, I always will.

It became more apparent just how much when my sister became so busy with her studies. It felt like I lost another one from an unseen enemy. Nothing much has changed as I grew older. My parents are still the same, they prefer the company of their interns and staff than their own kins. We rarely see each other until it turned out for the worst.

It was almost midnight when I heard a car stopping outside followed by quick footsteps. I stood up from my position on our couch, my hold tightening on a piece of letter. I silently counted 1 to 10 trying to calm myself down just as the sound of heavy footsteps approached me.

"Jimin, why are you still up?" my father was removing his coat, handing it over to another waiting maid along with his bag.

I eyed him for a second, trying to gauge his possible reaction. I am certain it won’t end good but between him and mother I am hoping he will be more kind, forgiving even.

"Good evening, Father. I was waiting for you." my voice sounded shaky to my ears.

He looked me up and down confused and I don't blame him one bit. I never waited for him, for anyone to get home.

"Why? Do you have something important to say? Better make it quick cause it pretty late and I need to catch some sleep before my early appointment tomorrow." I watch him as he settles on the couch I was once sitting.

"I need your signature for my college application. My grades are more than good enough to be admitted on the program I wanted." I started, again, closely watching his reaction. "I want to take up Civil Engineering and I got admitted at UST. I already completed the rest of my requirements. I just need your signature on this letter." I held out the piece of paper I've been holding on for months.

I'm used to rejections from them but this time around I'm praying for once they let me be. For once they approve of something.

Even just for once in my life I want my parents to show me I am not a complete disappointment to them.

"Civil Engineering at UST, does your mother know about this? I thought the plan was to get into Ateneo and start your pre-med just like your sister?" I can feel my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter