How I lost her

WINRINA: Phases
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BREAKING NEWS: Flight 112 of Philippine Airlines is reported to have crashed. Reports show the airport control lost contact of the aircraft just 30 minutes after taking off. Officials reveal that there are 204 passengers on board including a 12-member crew. Rescue efforts are underway, but officials fear that there are no survivors due to the nature of the crash....

 

Right then are there Karina's entire world collapsed. It was just 6 in the morning when she received a call from her mom telling her that they are at the lobby. Confused with the sudden visit, she let them up and in on the unit she shares with her girlfriend, soon to be fiancé, Yeji. She was about to ask them when her mom just took her into her arms and led her to the living room couch.

She started to feel sour with how her parents are acting. Both couldn’t look her in the eyes and worse her mom started crying. Fearing for the worst she asked, "What's wrong mom?"

No one answered. Not one word left anyone's mouth. The only sound heard is her mom's crying and the growing thudding on her chest.

 

"Dad what’s going on? You’re scaring me" her voice rang across the silent room and was only cut off by the loud ringing of her phone. She stood right up and head straight for her phone that was left on the coffee table, surprised to see its Yeji’s older sister, Yuri calling. confused her even more; she just spoke to her last night finalizing the details of her proposal. It’s also early in the morning for this many people calling and coming to seek her.

"Hello, ate you called?" for a while all she heard from the other line is heavy breathing, and when she did a shaky voice answered. “Hey, are your parents already with you?” for as long as she has known her this was the first time Karina heard her sound so stressed and stricken. She started to overthin and feeling too cold suddenly.

Something bad happened.

Please God no...

"Yes ate, they’re both here with me" she was too distracted to notice her dad was already beside her, leading her back to sit on the coach with her mom who has calm down.

"Karina please listen to ate carefully, ok? I got a call about an hour ago. I still don't have the full details and I'm on my way now to Pasay for further briefing" she sounded calm, way too calm that it failed to mask the shaky tremors and sadness it holds. Karina felt her dad throw his arm around her, hugging her smaller frame to his.

“I don’t know how to break this to you... I don’t know how..." paused.

crying can be heard from how silent the room became. Karina didn’t even notice that she was also crying until her tears starts falling to her shirt, soaking the clothe and leaving a mark in its wake. Her hands are shaking are so bad. She suddenly starts dreading what's about to come. No one’s telling her anything, but her gut is telling her its worse than she expects.

"It’s Yeji… it’s Ye... ji.”

“Karina her plane just cra-crashed, and they fear no one made it" she collapsed upon hearing the news, dead to the world upon hearing the tragedy.

When she woke up minutes after almost everyone is at her condo, her and Yeji’s friends are all huddled in the living room watching the morning news while some were also on their phone, probably checking for updates.

Karina just stares blankly at the screen. The headlines is full of news about the tragic accident with a file photo of a plane, a commercial flight of PAL. The bold red letters of the headlines suddenly felt too big. Each word is suffocating her.

She hasn't process anything yet, nothing. Her mind was just blank now. She feels nothing, not even numbness.

She feels like a hallow shell.

Just like that she just lost her other half.

 

That morning of October broke her in more ways than one. It was supposed to be one of the happiest moments of her and Yeji's life. She was finally about to ask her hand in marriage after dating for 5 years. Everyone in that room helped her plan for it.

A dinner set up on a newly built family house in Alabang, the very house she built for her and Yeji. Now everything is gone in limbo. What was supposed to be a special day turned tragic. Everyone was in somber mood; eyes are red and puffy from crying.

Everyone looked worn, tired. Everyone looked lost.

Broken.

All their plans, their dreams, everything they have was now lost.

 

 

"The crash was ruled as a mechanic failure, and it took months before anyone was charged and convicted. Just like everyone feared, no one ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter