1 Love Is Unbreakable

Battlefield (2023 Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No one would do a better job than his boss at making Mark feel like . The man held an ability to hit Mark’s every sore spot. The salt his boss held was saltier than those found in the ocean. It kept his unhealed wound open. He laid at night bearing the pain thinking of her each time.

Mark clenched onto the wrench in his hand. He laid on top the creeper under the elevated car with great desire to throw it across the room to hush his boss. Each word tempted his nerve. It was tolerable, the last two years working under Henry. The peculiar man lived with such a free spirit. That was something Mark couldn’t keep up with. So, he played along majority of the time in respect to the man, who provided him shelter when he was most desperate.

“You said a Victoria’s Secret body, right?”

“Yes,” Mark growled. His jaw strained. Just any topic but this.

“Playful, easy-going, right?”

Her smirks flashed before him. The way her lips and eyes before she walked away. Her legs and hip carried confidence, the one that he crushed.

Mark slid out and threw the wrench against the cemented floor.

“My heart!” Henry screamed and jumped from the couch clenching onto his chest. “It almost came out.”

Henry occupied the couch more than any customer ever had. He asked more questions than all the auto shop customers combined.

“How great would that be.” Mark never hid how he felt when Henry pushed his limit. Henry was something.

Mark cleaned his dirty hands with the dirty rag hung on the opened car hood. He propped himself against the opposite side of the couch to better assist his boss.

“I’ll pay you for a full day if you just go on this date.”

Mark moved a cushion away. Henry had no problem violating Mark’s personal space. 

“I’ve already told you—”

“You have no interest, I know. But the girl I found matched everything you described.”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter