you and me, we've got big reputation

Cuz baby now we've got bad blood

The late autumn sunshine spills its light over the ladies' Gryffindor dorm room. Taeyeon, having trained herself to wake up with the sun (or if in the winter, before), unwillingly cracks her eyes open. Her days often go like this: she goes down to the hall to eat breakfast, then classes, then carry out whatever duties are required of the Head Girl. And then later on shout her lungs out as the team captain of the Gryffindor team during Quidditch practice. Finally, bedtime. It is a fairly productive, albeit boring routine of an overachiever (of which she is). 

Lately though, it takes much more effort for her to keep her head high as she goes about her daily routine. Taeyeon can feel this... weariness in her bones. 

She is proud of all the things she's achieved, of course. But for the first time in many years, she's asking herself, what for?

Swinging her legs over to the edge of the bed, she makes a start to her day by heading straight to the Great Hall. This early in the morning in the Hall usually gives her sometime to compose herself and do a quick rundown of what needs doing for the day ahead before everyone else comes in to fill in the long seats of the Great Hall. To her surprise however, upon reaching the Hall, a big number of the student body today is already sat down and munching on toasts. How odd. Did she somehow wake up later than everyone else? Taeyeon slightly regrets not paying more attention to her roommates.

Before turning right into her usual seat at the Gryffindor table, Taeyeon's eyes flit over to the Slytherins on the opposite direction as their chatter catches her attention. They are uncharacteristically... bright today. The talkers gesturing about with their arms as they talk and the listeners doing a lot of vigorous nodding in response. It's a shame that these Slytherins feel the need to uphold the house's image too much. If they were to just let themselves act the way they feel, they wouldn't be as isolated as they are. In saying that, Taeyeon does inwardly admire this dedication to tradition. 

Inwardly. Never out loud as Taeyeon after all belongs to the house that challenges these traditions.

"Morning Gryffindor Princess, aren't you looking a little unexcited for today?" greets Tiffany as Taeyeon sits down next to her. Tiffany is one of those that typically forgoes breakfast for an extra hour of sleep. Not that she's incapable of being a morning person, it's just that she's more than capable of being the life of the party. No house parties (Gryffinder or otherwise) start without Tiffany. 

"What is there to be excited about? Also, come to think of it, this is the first time I've seen you eat breakfast ever since we hit 4th year!"

Tiffany's eyes widen. "What do you mean what's there to be excited about? Girl, wake up!". She grips both of Taeyeon's shoulders and shakes her with unnecessary force.