Final

I Fall All Over Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I never had a time to edit this. Sorry for all the errors. :))

 

Another bipolar day for Woohyun. He went out on a sunny day but ended up in a cramped coffee shop beside the shopping mall, 2 hours away from the city where he lives; because of the sudden shower. It was a Saturday and no work. For the past 5 months, he rarely had free time even on weekends. He often brought home some paperworks to finish everything on time. It was exhausting but he loved his job too much. Right at the moment and for the five months that passed, his work was the only thing that was reciprocating his feelings. Funny, right?

 

Woohyun looked for a place where he can sit down and watch the annoying tears of the sky. He always hated rain. Getting wet outside home wasn’t really something he looked forward to. His car was parked in an open parking space and his newly bought umbrella was inside.

 

He spotted a table at the back corner and put his shopping bags. A thought suddenly stopped him. Something similar flashed quick in his mind. He shook the thought out of his system. It was something he was trying to forget. However, he couldn’t deny the feeling of anxiety that washed over him. There was a feeling inside him. Everything that was happenig at the moment was quite similar but in a different time of day.

 

Woohyun let out a heavy breath and walked to the long line in front of the cashier. His eyes wandered around, being cautious about something. Call him paranoid but for five months it was the first time again that he felt his heart skipping too many beats.

 

He waited for his coffee and slice of chocolate cake beside the barista area. There should be something more that should make the day different aside from the place and time of the day and him having his car.

 

When he returned to his table, he fished out his phone from his pocket and browsed all his social media apps. He wasn’t really into SNS but he needed more diversional activities for him not to feel and remember things.

 

But, oh! How the world hated him. Because when he landed his gaze by the door, there he was — entering the coffee shop still beautiful, dazzling and endearing since the last time he saw him. He knew it. He had a feeling that he would be seeing him again that day. Everything was just almost a carbon copy of their first-time meeting again.

 


Ten Months Back

 

It was a cold night and it was drizzling. And for someone who hated to get wet, he wanted to curse himself for being so careless. His car was at the mechanic at that moment for monthly service thus, he had to take a taxi to go home.

 

Before he decided to hail a cab, he entered the cafe at the corner of the block from his office to pass time while waiting for the drizzle to subside. He entered the cafe which was almost full of people and spotted a table by the window. He left his laptop bag on the table and fall in line to order something that would calm his angry stomach.

 

While waiting for his coffee and food, he stared outside the cafe. It was already dark and the traffic congestion was hellish again. He sighed because he was sure that his cab fare would be expensive.

 

A smile graced his face when he heard a familiar song playing at the background. Real Story. One of his favorites. A song full of love and would make your heart flutter. There were times when he wished he could dedicate it to someone. He had been single for three years already. All his friends were being taken one by one. He also wanted to feel loved and to feel how to love someone again. How nice would it be to share things with someone you pined and someone who you couldn't stop falling in love over and over again every day. He wished to have a certain person again.

 

He mouthed the lyrics of the song until he felt a tap on his shoulder. His gazed turned to the person and he was greeted with a bright smile.

 

"Hi. Here's your order, Woohyun."

 

"Sunggyu?" He looked at his outfit and he didn't look like a waiter there. "Why are you serving my drinks?"

 

Sunggyu sat in front of him with his own coffee and food. "I saw you when you entered. I would've said hello but I was talking to the delivery personnel. I manage this coffee shop. It's my sister's."

 

It had been a long time since he last saw the man in front of him. It was their first meeting after many years. They became acquainted in a common friend's birthday party when he was in first year college and the other was on his second year. After that party they nodded and exchanged greetings whenever they saw or meet each other at the university hallways. They never became close. Just plain acquaintance. They couldn't even call each other as friends.

 

"Good to see you after what? 10 years?" His schoolmate continued.

 

"I think 10 years. You transferred school after your second year, didn't you?"

 

"Yeah. I got scholarship in Korea University. It's the reason I left our university. Anyway, how are you?"

 

Woohyun didn't know how much time they spent talking. Sunggyu was easy to talk to. They never got any chances before to sit and chat thus he never knew how one could easily be comfortable on his presence.

 

"I got to go. I don't think the rain would stop soon."

 

He got up from his chair and secured his laptop bag on his shoulder.

 

"I could drop you off. I'll be heading home as well. I was supposed to go home after the delivery but I saw you here. I insist if you reject me. Come on. Sungjong will have my head if I didn't extend you the courtesy of sending you home when his friend is in need. You know how diva he is. He sometimes scares me."

 

He chuckled on Sunggyu’s words. "Ok. But I owe you one."

 

"Wait for me. I'll just get my things and will remind the others to close the shop properly."


That night was the start of their friendship. They exchanged numbers and from time to time they send each other messages. It was purely platonic until that day that Sunggyu broke-up with his long-time boyfriend. He was there to comfort him and cheer him up.

 

It was a month of spending time with Sunggyu after the break up when something happened to them. They were out lounging at a bar while the broken man was still drowning himself in alcohol. He understood it very well. He had the same experience with his 3-year relationship. However, he never wallowed in pain for a month. And seeing Sunggyu in the situation he was in started to make his heart hurt. There was a twinge of pain inside him that he was trying to ignore.

 

The twinge started after a week of pacifying Sunggyu every night either at the bar or at the coffee shop. There was something urging him to go to his friend's ex-boyfriend and punch the daylights out of him for making Sunggyu cry. It was very transparent how much the man loves his ex or he wouldn't bawl his eyes out like there's no tomorrow.

 

"Gyu, that's enough. Let's get you home. You're already drunk." Woohyun pulled and supported Sunggyu to stand. Gladly, the other didn't protest.

 

He drove Sunggyu home but the other never wanted to leave his car because apparently, there were many memories in his apartment. Hence, he just brought him to his own flat. And that was when and where it happened.

 

He didn't know what came into him and kissed him when the other knocked on his bedroom in wee hours of the morning. Sunggyu just looked so damn beautiful with face flushed and unkempt hair. His eyes were droopy but still enchanting. He lost his senses. And he had no idea if Sunggyu was sober enough to realize what they were doing because Sunggyu was responding to his kisses and touches.

 

Something happened. They had not only once but twice that time. Something he didn't know if Sunggyu regretted. But after that, he, himself, evaded all the messages from the other. He never had any regrets that morning but he still felt ashamed of himself because he was thinking that he took advantage of Sunggyu's vulnerability that time.

 

After two weeks of not seeing Sunggyu and not answering his calls, he gained a gut to walk inside the café again. He just wanted to see and test something. It was bothering him and he had to be sure; be sure that he hasn’t fallen in love with Sunggyu.

 

He sauntered towards Sunggyu's office. The staff outside already knew him and wasn't bothered if he was entering the restricted area.

 

Without any hesitations, he knocked. When Sunggyu opened, he pushed him inside and closed the door. He immediately captured the other's lips and gave him an ardent and fervent kiss. That was when the butterflies in his stomach started stirring. His heart started racing fast. When the other started answering the kiss, he melted. Something was bursting inside him and it was like a fountain of emotions going chaotic. Realization hit him.

 

I’ll be damned!

 

He loves Sunggyu more than a friend should.

 

Their lips parted to gasp for air and he leaned on Sunggyu's forehead.

 

"Oh my god! I'm in love with you. I’m damn so in love with you." He suddenly declared causing the other to get stunned.

 

Sunggyu pulled back his forehead from him and asked with a wide eye. "What?"

 

"I'm in love with you Sunggyu. This isn't because something happened to us but, you make my heart thumped erratically. Eversince... ever since I saw you broken because of your ex-boyfriend, my heart started to hurt. I thought I was just relating on your situation because I've been there but no. I am in love with you. It bothered me too much the past weeks. I don't know how to name it. That's why I came here. I want to be sure."

 

"Woohyun, I don't know what to answer you. What do you want me to say?"

 

"Nothing. Just don't say anything."

 

That was how they started. After him confessing, he tried his might not to let his emotions flowed out of him but he ended up courting Sunggyu. After a month, they tried. They tried being together. It was awkward at first but they managed. There was still a part of him that was afraid that one day Sunggyu would leave him because he could see that the other still had reservations in their relationship.

 

There were happy moments. Moments that he felt that they were comfortable with each other again. They cuddled. They kissed. They made love. It was blissful.

 

And that dreadful day came. Sunggyu left him and went back together with his ex-boyfriend.

One night, Woohyun came home from his office and saw his boyfriend sitting on their couch, fidgeting. He frowned because the other don't usually do that if there wasn't anything bothering him or if he wasn't anxious on something. They had been together for only three months and he gave him the door code to his apartment just in case he wanted to stay over.

"Gyu? What's wrong?" He asked worriedly. Sunggyu was staring on the floor but he crouched in front of him and lifted his chin up. Thus, the other couldn't avert his gaze anymore. "Tell me, Gyu."

 

The feeling of anxiety was rushing inside him. He had a feeling and he wanted to be wrong.

 

"W-woohyun, I-I'm leaving. I'm going back to him. I'm sorry." Tears fell from his boyfriend's eyes. "I tried. I love you Woohyun but..."

 

"But not enough to forget him. But not as much as you love him." He smiled bitterly and wiped the tears trailing from his eyes. "Stop crying. I'm not mad. I'm hurt but not angry at you. But I can't be your friend anymore Gyu. Sorry if we can't go back to what it used to be."

The crying didn't stop and he had no choice to pull him in his arms and hug him tight. His eyes also started welling up.

 

After a while, Sunggyu cupped his face and with his quivering lips, he kissed him. His lips lingered long. And the tiny bits of water from his own eyes decided to fall down. He could taste the salty tears streaming on their face.

 

Then, it ended. Sunggyu left the apartment — left him. He was left crying and alone.

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

He moped for a week to try and heal his broken heart. And when there was nothing left for him to mend it, he started drowning himself in working every day. It was really a good thing for him that he loved his job so much.

 

Woohyun blinked and tried returning his gaze outside the glass window, wishing that Sunggyu didn’t see him. Although, he was only lying to himself that his ex-boyfriend never saw him; because their eyes lingered at each other the moment he glanced up.

 

He readied himself with a smile which he hoped wouldn’t translate as bitter. The reflection from the glass window showed that Sunggyu was walking towards his table, food on hand and with an unsure step. It was as if he was still trying to decide whether he would approach him or not.

 

A heaved of air and a moment to puff it out was all that he needed to bravely face him when he heard his voice.

 

”Woohyun…” There was still a hesitation evident from his voice.

 

Just like what he planned, he gave him a smile. It might not be as bright as before but nonetheless, a smile.

 

”Sunggyu, hi. Sit with me. There were quite a lot of people. It’s hard to find a seat.”

 

His ex-boyfriend sat down in front of him but with his head down.

 

”You know you can look straight up.” He could hear the other sigh before lifting his head and looked at him.

 

“Sorry. How are you?”

 

”Is that a trick question to know what I am up to now or to know how have I been since the night you left me?”

 

The man he once loved opened his mouth but closed it again. He chuckled lightly. He didn’t mean his words to be sarcastic which he knew Sunggyu got the wrong impression.

 

”I’m not being sarcastic, Gyu. Don’t think too much. To answer your question, I’m doing well. I’ve been promoted as advertising manager and I guess that’s all.”

 

That would only be the things he could tell him. And he was hoping, Sunggyu wouldn’t delved too much on the last question that slipped from his own mouth. But, like he knew he would be damned if his ex- boyfriend wouldn’t show curiosity after he uttered it.

 

“After I left, how have you been? I’ve been meaning to call you before and apologize properly. There were many things I want to say that night but I couldn’t make up words to tell you.”

Woohyun held his coffee cup with his both hands and played with its sleeve. The same scenario already crossed his mind — Sunggyu sitting in front of him and open

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter