Hello Beautiful (Stranger)

Ideas for You (Story Recycle)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: The Equation That is Your Number

Genre: RomCom, Slice of Life, StudentxTeacher

Description (Summary): When FL replied to the 'unknown social media friend,' it was out of boredom and nothing else. To her surprise, she enjoyed the conversations that the two shared together, despite the friend being younger than her by a few years; she enjoyed the conversations that she found herself giving the stranger her phone number. What she didn't expect, though, was meeting this stranger in real life as his teacher. That's when things started to get complicated.

 

This is the short extract from the first chapter;

 

This time, luckily, she didn’t receive any nagging from her mother for coming home late. The last time she got home late, it was a battle of words. FL immediately changed her clothes to casual home-wear clothes. She then walked to her desk, grabbed her chair to sit across the table and started to flip through her math textbook on polynomial and eventually trigonometry topic to refresh her memory from what she was practising for a few days or even for many years.  She even had plenty of papers scattered on her table that was filled with scribbles of mathematical procedures and formulas, as a result from her practising, for her to look through.

She grouped her papers together as she finished studying them, and then put them on the corner of the table along with her textbook. She switched on her laptop to search for a piece of information related to polynomial and trigonometry topic for extra knowledge. Nothing much fascinating had been found as she saw the similar information long time ago, just with a little bit of twist. And there were no share-worthy information that she would share to her soon-to-be students as she had something for them to do from the textbook. Then she started to look for some guidelines on how to teach the topics and how to teach high school students even. Half way through reading the tedious guidelines, she started to get bored and dismissing some of the information.

She glanced at the time on her laptop screen that showed 11.20pm. For her standard, 11 o’clock was still early. Sleeping was not what FL had in mind at the moment as she felt nervous for what will be happening on the next day. When she realised that she got nothing to do she started to sign in to her social media account instead to see if there were some interesting things happening. Although looking at her ‘friends’ updates were not really considered to be something interesting, reading what was trending on gossip articles was slightly more interesting but FL had none of it – she wasn’t in the mood to read those kinds of things at that moment.

FL looked through her notifications showing that some of her ‘friends’ commented on the most recent photo that she took. She read all of the comments which most of them were positive comments telling her how pretty she was and how unique the scenery looked. She also discovered that another one of her friends ‘liked’ one of her past photos that seemed to be almost getting buried inside the gallery, she was impressed by the ability that the person had by finding her pictures to the core. They must be some creepy stalker, but she quickly dismissed the idea, perhaps he or she must be either simply admiring or just curious about any of her pictures.

Upon browsing through her social media for the next minutes, she decided to post as her status, ‘Wanna text me up, anyone?’    

FL wasn’t the type of person who would talk to a stranger that she just met online but this time she felt bored; she felt like she needed someone to talk

Please log in to read the full chapter