Prologue: The Dragon's Fall

The world as I see it

Dragons

Powerful yet wise creatures that are deemed friendly towards humans, they have been shown to help them during their toughest times, counseled countless known kings from different kingdoms, offered their services in order to win certain wars and many more. Humans and dragons have coexisted ever since their creation, yet one day, everything was turned upside down. I am Weiss the last of my kin and this is a tale that has been long forgotten, you could even tell this as the truth of our universe. Sit tightly and listen well young one for what I am about to tell you will make you question everything you know. It all started on that day, inside our own kingdom of dragons.

Weiss: Hey Laveria, what are you doing?

Laveria: Oh, nothing Weiss, by the way have you heard? Our king has an announcement to make and he requires everyone to gather up in the plaza.

Weiss: Really? What could that old fart even announce right now, we are in the midst of an era of everlasting peace, the humans are basically on friendly terms with us and the demons haven’t even made their moves for like what? Forever?

Laveria: I don’t really know but according to some rumors that I overheard while I was stationed in the Palace, they said that they discovered something ominous.

Weiss: Ominous? Curious.

While mulling over at what Laveria said, we have arrived at the plaza where our king, Koen was supposed to announce their findings.

Koen: My dear citizens, I apologize for the sudden announcement but our dear sages have discovered something that may put us at risk, no our whole existence at risk or worst even lead to our extinction. I will let the sages tell us of their findings.

After our King stepped back the leader of the sages, Beryll appeared and he looked at us with a gloomy face, before he opened his mouth to speak tears fell down in both of his eyes to the point that he knelt down before gathering his courage to tell us of his findings.

Beryll: Our dear citizen, it appears that our time has come; while our elite forces were returning from the Kingdom of Vas they noticed that every human in there were looking at them strangely, as if they were scorning our very existence. Our head captain Hrungr also stated that there were some strange lights flashing in the Forest of Bur and as dragons we were gifted with immense physical enhancements, every aspect of our body is at the peak and so he overheard a couple of humans plotting something and that they were receiving the help of the Gods.

Everyone fell silent as soon as the word “God” was uttered, for everyone knows that during our expansions and expeditions we have discovered how gruesome the Gods truly are. There were some remnants from an old civilization, a human settlement that we didn’t know of that left traces of their dealings with the Gods, within their vases contained parchments that contained an unknown language. It took us years to finally translate their language, what it said was “The Gods have chosen to annihilate us after discovering the existence of the dragons, I see now why they forbid us from going outside their domain, it wasn’t because of the demons but because we would discover the dragon’s existence and how they have helped our kin for a long time. We do not know why the Gods hate the dragons and why they have decided to forsake our kingdom by locking us down in this make shift hell but, if there was a chance that this letter was to make it to the outside world, please……please do not trust the Gods, oh my fellow kin the dragons are our true allies, these beings who call themselves Gods are nothing more than evil beings wrapped in sheeps clothing.” This was only one of the parchments that we have translated, there were 2 more but the other one of the two was badly smudged and the only one we could make out was “All Seeing Eye” while the other was was a prophecy of sort, as it would seem that the old civilization had some sort of diviner. The prophecy had foretold us of our kins demise and how the humans would plot against us, seeing that this was from long ago we didn’t take the prophecy seriously, but now that this is happening, I can no longer ignore it, maybe this was what I felt back when Laveria mentioned something about their announcement being ominous. As they went on with the announcement, I couldn’t help but raise my voice out of concern for our survival.

Weiss: YOUR MAJESTY! Forgive my impudence but isn’t there something we could do? I for one would never cower before the Gods, can’t we fight them off?

Koen: Ah Weiss, my closest scholar and dear friend, you remember what the parchment contained right? The prophecy? Our demise is already ensured, we can fight back but we can never harm the humans, our great Ancestor would never allow it.

Weiss: But, your majesty, they have plotted against us they intend to wipe us out. Why, why should we not fight back against them? Why should we just sit down and die a meaningless death?

Koen: I am sure that the Gods have whispered ill words towards them, that they are only being used by them and that they are innocent. They are lost and consumed by something else, even if all of the human kingdoms were to go against us.

As our King said this the horn of invasion was heard throughout the Kingdom of Eleira, and as it was heard, Koen made one final announcement that would forever stick with me.

Koen: MY DRAGON KIN LISTEN CLOSELY, THOUGH WE AREN’T ALLOWED TO HARM THE HUMANS WE ARE ALLOWED TO ELIMINATE ANY GODS THEY HAVE WITH THEM, BE IT LESSER OR GREATER WE WILL NOT DIE WITHOUT GIVING THEM A HELL OF A FIGHT, LET IT REMIND THEM OF HOW FEROCIOUS WE DRAGONS CAN BE WHEN ANGERED.

Laveria: My liege it is time, we must get you back to the Palace for saf-

Koen: Laveria, my royal guard and one of my closest friend, please do not worry for my safety, I became a king not because of my intellect but my ability to rule and lead. Have you forgotten my title back when we were still flourishing within the Palace’s ranks?

Laveria: No, Hoen of Hellflame.

Koen: Help our kin, help them and kill as many Gods as possible, with your skills and power we may be able to turn the tide of this battle.

Laveria: Yes, my liege. I shall take my leave and head out into the battlefield.

Koen: Good, now Weiss follow me back to the Great Library there is something we must discuss.

I followed Hoen through the Great Library, wondering as to what could possibly be more important than the battle that is happening outside our walls, Hoen looked sad, as if he was about to entrust me with something important, something that should never be found.

Koen: Weiss, do you know why I asked for your company?

Weiss: No your highness, I do not. May I ask why?

Koen: Do you remember the prophecy? And the other parchments that came with it?

Weiss: Yes, your highness, you specifically asked me to try and translate everything there is but 1 out of the 3 was badly smudged, it was as if they were hiding something.

Koen: Yes and it turns out, they were indeed hiding something, it was a continuation of the prophecy, I ordered the sages to build a hidden chamber within the Great Library to ensure that no one will be able to know such chamber even existed within this building.

As he finished his sentence, he reached for a lever that can only be seen by draconic eyes and as we entered the chamber, he shone his torch towards the wall wherein the prophecy was hanged, and another piece of paper with it, as I was about to read it Hoen started to tell me what it was about.

Koen: The first parchment told us of how the Gods were envious of us, I do not know the reasons why either, the second parchment told us of our demise and how we would die out, and lastly the third, you told us that you could only make out the word “All Seeing Eye” but that wasn’t just the word inside it, it was also the key to unraveling its contents, we looked at it using our draconic eyes and it revealed another prophecy.

Weiss: What but that’s not possible your highness, I tried it as well but nothing came up it was still smudged all the way.

Koen: Hmm the sages actually have a theory for, it was only supposed to be seen either by the strongest or for the one who possesses the so called “All Seeing Eye”.

Weiss: I see, so that’s why, well what does it say your highness?

Koen: It is said that even though our kin is extinct, there will be a human whose existence will become very important, one that possesses the All Seeing Eye, he will learn of the truth and lead a human revolution, not for vengeance but for freedom. To free the souls of those who had suffered and to free the current civilization from being oppressed.

Weiss: What? A human will possess the All Seeing Eye? But what if this prophecy never comes to fruition? Will our deaths be in vain? Will we forever hold this grudge and hatred for the Gods?

Koen: This is why I am entrusting this to you. I want you to remain here in this Great Library, we will seal this and hide it from the Gods, you will guard our knowledge and secrets, you are out Greatest Scholar after all. I have no doubt that this prophecy will come to fruition, I want you to be the one to guide that human.

Weiss: But your highness, this…...this is a heavy task for me, am I to remain here for almost an eternity? Waiting for the prophecy to come to fruition? Endlessly remembering our suffering?

Koen: I know that it is hard Weiss but we must endure, in order to free them from the reigns of the Gods, to make them realize that they are being used. I can only trust this task to you. Please Weiss.

Weiss: But I-

As I was about to refuse, Koen knocked me out and put me in a sleep spell that only dragons know, he linked me and the Great Library together and put us in another dimension where time flew fast, in order to hide the existence of the Great Library. Soon as I woke up, I rushed outside the door and everything has changed, the place where the once beautiful Kingdom of Eleira once stood is now in rubbles, surrounded by nature, I got down to my knees and cursed the very Gods that destroyed our Kingdom and sprouted a hatred for humans, they were weak beings that fell for easy provocation why shouldn’t I hate them? It was their fault that our kin were nearly erased, save for one, me. Weiss one of the most intellectual dragons in our land, on that day I vowed to myself to never help any human being again even if it meant going against the wishes of my King and my people. I’d rather see the human race go extinct than help those who made our race go extinct. That is until you found this place young one, I can see that you have suffered a tremendous amount of pain and loneliness, your eyes are different from the other humans as well, could it be? Could you be possessing the All-Seeing Eye? Are you the one who can finally put an end to the arrogance of the Gods?