Shortcuts

The boy who waits 🌷
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was sitting by the stairs, trembling and panting hard, and wiped a tear away before he smile nervously and tried looking fine when the other worker like him passed by, the lad hide his tiredness away as he looked at them having their meals while he couldn't afford a piece of bread to fill his hunger.

The manager hasn't given him any salary since ever he started working here but the lad tried to tell him, he was scared and always nervous to say that whenever he sees the harsh cruel man.

It was so hard that he got into extreme fever and dizziness due to the hard work building and helping the workers with heavy materials.

Things were getting so hard but the boy didn't give up, no one accepted him into work but he found this one who needed workers.

Jeonghan kept panting alone and looking at the others eating during the break.

" Aj-ajusshi , do-do you have water ?!" He asked some men weakly as he trembled, they looked at him.

" I refuse because you seem to be sick, I don't want to get that fever, or else I won't be able to work ." He said as he sighed, " go away ."

Jeonghan bowed as he smiled weakly, limped back to his place, and kept looking while hunger and thirst made him super weak and dizzy.

 

That day he went back to his room that he rented with a bathroom and laid down suffering so much, holding his head feeling like he will die.

" H-hospital ." 
He sat up, " I wanna go to the hospital."

The boy fainted like that and later that day he woke up and decided to go to the hospital, he kept walking and mostly limping weakly there to the usual hospital.

Maybe today they will check up on him. 
 

 

He was here again, sitting by the waiting chairs while leaning on the corner panting and his eyes teary, a woman sitting close frowned seeing the boy.

He has been here for a really long, she has waited, checked up for an hour and now when she came out the boy was still there, looks so pale and Ill when her husband came after paying the bills, she went out and the boy was still there.

Holding a paper with his number the reception woman gave him. 
" M-my turn will come n-now ." He smiled weakly and kept waiting as he hold his head feeling dizzy.

Everyone that is waiting already checked and left, he stood up and limped to the reception woman again.

" Aj-ajumma m-my turn didn't come yet ." He said hesitant and very scared cause the woman give him a death glare and sighed.

" It's not my problem, I've given you a number so they should call you ." She babbled annoyingly and he nodded nervously

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter