fin

Why Is the Ring Here?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah, Son Seungwan, why is your ring in the fridge?"

And Wendy herself doesn't know the answer either.

Yesterday was their 5th anniversary and Wendy prepared herself to propose to Irene — it was supposed to be like this. However, she realizes that she messed it up when Irene calls her name this morning.

It's now eight thirty. Wendy can't believe she still wakes up early even after drinking so much alcohol.

She also can't remember how many bottles of wine she had last night. Two bottles? Three of them? And it doesn't matter now since she is having a splitting headache.

She vaguely remembers spending a week writing a letter to thank Irene for everything she did and she hasn't had a chance to give it to her.

Then, the house falls silent again. More accurately, Irene stops laughing and it seems that she is busy preparing something. Thus, she doesn't have the time to talk now.

Wendy stares at her coffee mug, trying to recall something while still feeling dizzy.

They bought a six-inch cheesecake and several bottles of red wine before they reached their house. They cooked dinner together and then Wendy poured wine for both of them. To her surprise, after taking the first sip, she started to get extremely excited and normally, she was not like this since it was a sign that she would be drunk soon — Or maybe that was because she didn't notice she was actually extremely nervous. She was not sure how much she could drink since she usually didn't pay attention to it. However, she knew she wouldn't get drunk that easily either.

Did she accidentally talk about proposing last night? Wendy thinks to herself while glances in Irene's direction.

Then it was impossible for the elder woman to ask her what that ring was for earlier.

Wendy looks at the blue pajamas she's wearing. Irene must have helped her change her clothes last night since she was too drunk to do it herself. She just wants to know if the ring Irene referred to earlier is what she's looking for. Thus, she glances around the room and finds her denim jacket hanging on her chair (she failed to notice it a few minutes ago since she devoted all her energies to sit). She touches one of its pockets — where she put the box in — and yeah, it's not there.

Yesterday was a Friday. Since Irene had to work overtime, Wendy told her she would buy groceries first then go back to pick her up an hour later.

Irene nodded while smiling softly, "Okay, take care on your way there."

Irene joined their company before her and the raven haired woman is three years older than her. Irene is the leader of their team, plus they have been working together for several years. Other teammates once gave her a nickname "Irene" since she brought peace to the team, and Wendy once named herself "Wendy" because she wanted to help others.

She and Irene have been dating one year after they met and living together shortly afterwards. They also have often gone off duty together since then.

When Irene has extra workload to cope with, Wendy will go to grocery shops or supermarkets alone and then come back to the office to pick Irene up and vise versa.

Wendy went to the nearest grocery shop for fresh ingredients, then took a deep breath before getting into the silver car. Actually, she was going to another place to get what she had booked next.

The room smells wonderful aroma of fresh food and it helps Wendy relax.

After fifteen minutes, the younger woman pulled up in front of a jewelry shop. Then, she got out of the car and entered the room.

Wendy loves silver jewelry. She visited plenty of jewelry shops from time to time, but she has been a frequent visitor to this shop. Unlike other stores that only have expensive or maybe costly jewelry, this one has offered rings and necklaces at different prices to attract more custom. Thus, she can purchase discreet jewelry for a small amount of money and that's one of the biggest reasons why she has been here a lot.

The last time she went to this jewelry store with Irene was when they bought couple rings together. They found it on their way home at the time it opened and it was shortly before their third anniversary. Its interior was not garishly painted and it meant that there wouldn't be only pricey goods, so they agreed that this shop was well worth a visit.

That day, before she and Irene picked out their rings, a woman who appeared to be in her forties convinced them that generally, the data wouldn't change much in a year or two, therefore, they could measure the circumference of each finger now so that they would not need to repeat it when they purchase rings in the future. They followed the clerk's advice in the end and that's the reason why she knew the size of Irene's ring.

The young female behind the counter handed her two small bags and Wendy checked them respectively. She asked them to put the two rings in separate boxes — Irene's was in a white box while hers was in a black one — to prevent herself taking the elder woman's ring by accident because the circumferences of their ring fingers are approximately the same.

Wendy also thought about measuring the circumference of Irene's ring finger when she was asleep. However, she knew the elder woman always had a light sleep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter