The Needed Support

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week went by like a breeze, felt but momentarily. Jongkook got startled by a knock on his office. “Come in” Jongkook said from his chair. The door opened and his best friend face is showed. “Hyung! What are you doing?” he said, carrying two pack of something. “Working!? You didn’t know did you? This is called working,” Jongkook join him on the sofa.

Taehyun, one of the CEO of a small agency who focuses on short or indie movies. He barely in his office since he’s busy making money by visiting the big company to invest on his movies.

“What do you have here?” Jongkook get used to Taehyun visiting him on weekly basis. Jongkook usually invest about One hundred to One thousand dollars just to make him go away. Jongkook rummaging the box of script Taehyun brought. “Any new genre or interesting stuff for me?” Jongkook likes all movies, but indie is least favourite.

“This one is interesting one, new concept with new talent,” Taehyun said. “Fresh, young, and excited,” Taehyun got Jongkook intrigued. Jongkook read it and he see a familiar names. “Cheon Sooyeon,” Jongkook said softly. He didn’t remember the name but it sounds familiar. He read the rest of the script and he liked it, it is rare that Jongkook likes what Taehyun brought.

“I like this,” Jongkook lift the script he just read. Taehyun eyes widened, “What!?” he is surprised. “I like it, $10,000, I’ll wire the money,” Jongkook seems excited by the story and it seems like the story is much more familiar to him, while also expecting people to like it.

"You got a deal, and please do visit the set once in a while, you’re the main investor here and you need to see how they made the movie,” Taehyun said while packing his stuff up. “I’ll be back with the contract and we’re set to produce the movie,” Taehyun adds.

“I can’t wait to see the end product of the movie,” Jongkook replied and shake his hands. Taehyun went out of Jongkook’s office and Jongkook going back to his desk.

 

Lunch arrives and Jongkook went to the cafeteria to eat. Jongkook always eat with his staff, he likes talking to them while on lunch. His staff also likes him as Jongkook always taking care of them and being a leader not a boss. Jongkook always asks their opinion about certain things and the staff didn’t hesitate to tell Jongkook about everything because they trust him.

“Anyone knows what today’s lunch?” Jongkook walk together with his staff. “I heard that it’s Chinese food, but could be wrong because every time I heard about the menu, I only got once right,” one of his staff said. “Okay, no expectation then,” Jongkook lead them to the cafeteria.

Jongkook and his staff just finished their lunch before a meeting with other department. “everything’s ready?” Jongkook asks the staff and immediately got an answer. “Yes, we just need to go to the meeting room,” Jongkook nods and went inside his office.

Jongkook continue his work until his staff knock on his door, telling him that it’s time for the meeting. Jongkook went out his office accompanied by two of his staff to the meeting room.

Jongkook is one of the first one on the meeting room. He takes his seat with the two staff beside him. He waits for the other to arrives before starting the meeting. He only bring his pen and a small notebook to take notes when his staff also did the same, so they can brainstorm and add to each other notes. They didn’t even bring their phone.

If there is an emergency, his staff that standby in the office would tell Jongkook directly and didn’t disturb the meeting with phone ringing. All of his staff has learned not to bring their phone when doing meeting with Jongkook so they can get much more effective and efficient result from the meeting.

Within 10 minutes, the meeting room is packed. Jongkook stands up and the room got quiet, “Good morning, everyone, thank you for being here and for being on time. Today’s meeting is about evaluation of each of the department, have they made their target, if they haven’t, can these two months be used to made the target. Overall evaluation, is there any other matter we need to discuss other than evaluation?” Jongkook stops and wait for their response.

“If not, let’s get started with the highest budget allocation,” Jongkook sits and listen to the presentation.

The meeting went for hours, only stop when lunch break and probably small coffee break. Other than that, the meeting continues. Jongkook notebook is almost full from taking notes and asking question to the presenter.

Some people hate him because the meeting takes too long, but some loves him because he is so direct and hates being lied or covered from the truth. All he need is a truth, if it’s lack, he tries to help, if it’s good, he gives compliment. Jongkook is such a simple man, but if he found out you lied, better prepared to work in the basement.

And one thing, he hates working overtime, unless it’s an emergency or he needs to meet the investor. Jongkook went inside his office after the long meeting. He is not pleased with the performance of the marketing and sales teams, it seems like they didn’t have any synergy to work together.

They both uses the most money, after the R&D. Jongkook hates their long unnecessary explanation and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter