frvrmr

for evermore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N1: Please bear with my mistakes. Ready the playlist and enjoy reading!

 

 

There I was again tonight

Forcing laughter, faking smiles

Same old tired, lonely place

Walls of insincerity

Shifting eyes and vacancy

Vanished when I saw your face

All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you


 

“Thank you. I will be better.”

 

It is SM’s monthly evaluation and it is expected for every trainee to have improved their skills. Joohyun bows to their mentors, keeping a smile on her face despite the harsh criticisms she got from them. She hastily steps off of the platform, accidentally bumping into the next trainee who is going to perform next.

 

“Oops. I am sorry.”

 

Joohyun merely shrugs, her eyes focusing on the floor to keep her tears at bay and only whispering, “It’s alright.”

 

“You’ve got a nice voice.”

 

The Daegu native is surprised by the sincere tone behind the comment, especially after what she heard roughly a minute ago. She tilts her head to finally look at the person.

 

“Shake it all off. Don’t let them get into your head.”

 

Joohyun blinks and remains rooted at her spot, unsure what to say to the girl who is brightly smiling at her while holding an acoustic guitar.

 

“Son Seungwan!”

 

The person before her excuses herself and proceeds to the makeshift stage, fixing her instrument and the mic provided, Joohyun unconsciously watching her with a curious gaze.

 

“Unnie.” Joohyun flinches as she is startled by her co-trainee, tugging her to stay out of the way and heading at the back to see the rest of the evaluation.

 

Strums of guitar echo in the room, immediately followed by an angelic voice. Unable to restrain her gasp from amazement, her co-trainee and friend, Seulgi, lightly giggles at her reaction.

 

“Insane vocals, right?”

 

Joohyun nods and asks her friend, “Do you know her?”

 

“I met her just last week. Her name is Seungwan and she is from Canada. We are the same age so we hit it off right away.”

 

Joohyun hums, taking in the information, wonderstruck by the person on the stage. When Seungwan effortlessly finishes her song, Joohyun claps along with others in the room, obviously astounded by the girl’s vocals.


 

Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"

Across the room, your silhouette

Starts to make its way to me

The playful conversation starts

Counter all your quick remarks

Like passing notes in secrecy

And it was enchanting to meet you

All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you


 

Seungwan thanks their mentors for their evaluation and clears the stage, Joohyun subtly observing her. Seulgi waves at Seungwan and beckons the latter to join them. The older trainee wants to bolt as she sees the vocalist approaching closer, Joohyun quickly hiding behind her friend.

 

“Hello, Seulgi!” Seungwan greets the monolid trainee who sends an eye-smile to her same-aged friend.

 

“You are amazing, Seungwan. You’ve got to teach me your ways.”

 

Seungwan dismisses the compliment by chuckling yet a blush has already formed on her plump cheeks. Catching the scrutinizing stare of Joohyun, she awkwardly clears and displays an awkward grin to the duo.

 

“By the way, Seungwan,” Seulgi motions at Joohyun to step forward and introduces her to their new co-trainee, “this is Bae Joohyun. We have been part of the training program for years now. She might look scary but she is a reliable unnie,” Seulgi ends it with a joke to lighten the atmosphere.

 

Joohyun pinches Seulgi for embarrassing her, Seungwan merely laughing at their interaction. The older trainee takes a breath and shows a tiny yet genuine smile at the vocalist.

 

Seungwan reciprocates it with her dimpled smile and bows respectfully to the senior trainee. “Hello, Joohyun sunbae. I am sorry for not introducing myself earlier.”

 

“It’s all good. I appreciate the advice you gave me.” Joohyun’s smile broadens at the enthusiasm of the younger girl, feeling the warmth she exudes already with her kindness and gentle features.

 

Seungwan grins at the remark and offers her open palm for a handshake. “It is finally nice to meet you. Please take care of me.”

 

Joohyun takes it without a second thought. With that single touch, Joohyun cannot stop the words from coming out of .

 

“I am enchanted to meet you, Seungwan.”


 

*-*-*

 

 

'Cause all I know is we said, "Hello"

And your eyes look like coming home

All I know is a simplе name

Everything has changed

All I know is you hеld the door

You'll be mine and I'll be yours

All I know since yesterday

Is everything has changed


 

Seungwan lazily trudges into their dorm’s living room and plops down onto the couch. Noticing that the dorm is strangely quiet, she realizes that her other members are out with their families. It is their first free day since their debut two weeks ago and the stillness of the moment makes Seungwan miss her family, who are on the other side of the world, even more.

 

Her forlorn thoughts are interrupted by a beep and the main door opening, promptly followed by footsteps she already knows by heart.

 

And then there is the person who can weirdly affect the main vocalist’s entire being, Joohyun emerging with plastic bags in her hands, the leader greeting the younger member with a fond smile on her face. With that smile, Seungwan feels a little less lonely.

 

“Hello, Seungwan.”

 

“Hello, Joohyun unnie.”

 

Their gazes meet automatically and they hold it unknowingly, letting only their eyes speak for a few more seconds, Seungwan eventually breaking it. They have known each other since their trainee days but she still gets mesmerized by the beauty in front of her.

 

“I asked manager unnie to buy some lunch for us. I think we are still exhausted from the concert yesterday and cannot function properly,” Joohyun casually states, laughing gleefully despite the tiredness in her voice.

 

Seungwan shakes her head before she stands up to help Joohyun with the plastic bags, the older girl trailing behind her as they prepare their food.

 

They eat silently across from each other, occasionally stealing glances, Seungwan's flushed cheeks becoming more visible.

 

“Are you not feeling well, Wannie? You’re red.” Joohyun pauses from eating, reaching out to cup the younger girl’s face.

 

Seungwan draws in a shuddering breath at the sudden contact. Joohyun is the most affectionate member in their group, always clinging to her closest friends when possible, always in need of physical touch. Truth to be told, she got used to it already.

 

Until yesterday.

 

When everything has changed.

 

It was their first ever SMTOWN concert and also their first time to perform in front of tens of thousands of fans. To make it worse, Seungwan had to sing with their seniors when it was usually her members who made performing less nerve-wrecking.

 

As Seungwan was called to prepare for their stage, she didn’t expect Joohyun to be holding the door of the green room for her to exit, offering an assuring nod, and reaching out to grasp her clammy hands.

 

Next thing she knew, Seungwan was already backstage, peeping through the blackout curtains to look at their supporters, her seniors beside her.

 

And Joohyun.

 

Who never left her spot backstage even when Wendy was out there performing.

 

At the sight of the older girl, Seungwan let out a sigh of relief. She found her unnie waiting for her, clapping softly at them when they got back, congratulating them, and yet, her eyes remained on her. This time, Seungwan was the one who gripped onto Joohyun’s hand, her touch like a new-found grace.

 

And she didn’t want to let go.


 

And all my walls stood tall, painted blue

And I'll take 'em down, take 'em down

And open up the door for you

And all I feel in my stomach is butterflies

The beautiful kind, makin' up for lost time

Takin' flight, making me feel like


 

“Seungwan?”

 

Seungwan snaps out of her daze, catching Joohyun’s worried stare. She lets go of all the inhibitions in her mind and listens to her wild, beating heart.

 

“I am fine, unnie,” Seungwan replies, taking Joohyun’s hand off her cheeks and clasping their hands together on top of the dining table.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Seungwan regards the woman across from her– the unnie that takes care of her unconditionally, listening to her when no one else does, looking after her when she doesn’t have to. A warm feeling spreads across her chest, along with the fluttering butterflies on her stomach.

 

Joohyun may not realize it yet but she already knows the main vocalist like the back of her hand. And Seungwan likes to believe the same thing goes for her and still would like to know Joohyun better the upcoming years they are going to spend together.

 

“I feel golden, Joohyun unnie.”

    *-*-*

 

 

One look, dark room

Meant just for you

Time moved too fast, you play it back

Buttons on a coat, lighthearted joke

No proof, not much, but you saw enough

Small talk, he drives

Coffee at midnight

The light reflects the chain on your neck

She says, "Look up"

And your shoulders brush

No proof, one touch, but you felt enough

 

Years passed like a blur and Red Velvet became one of the powerhouses in the idol industry. They have achieved massive feats in their career– topping music charts, winning daesangs, selling out concerts, multiple brand deals and guestings, and having successful solo projects.

 

But at the end of the day, they are like everyone else. Behind the cameras, away from the spotlight, and after a long day at work, they go home to their shared dorm, in hopes of catching up on enough rest before being thrown again into their hectic comeback promotions.

 

Joohyun is about to retire for the night when she hears a noise outside. Curious, she postpones her sleep and comes out of her room. The leader follows the sound and finds her favorite figure in their kitchen.

 

“Why are you still up?”

 

Seungwan releases a tiny shriek, rapidly turning her head toward the voice. She whispers sharply to the older woman, “Unnie! Don’t do that again. You almost killed me.”

 

Joohyun simply rolls her eyes and questions her again, “Why are you awake?”

 

“Coffee. Do you want some?” The main vocalist nonchalantly responds and shows her mug.

 

Joohyun frowns at her statement, swiftly glancing at the digital clock on the microwave oven, she scrunches her brows even more. “It’s past twelve, Wan. You might not be able to sleep.”

 

Joohyun walks closer to stand beside Seungwan, their forearms brushing as they lean against the countertop. “And I am actually offended you offered me coffee when I hate it.”

 

“I know,” Seungwan chuckles, lightly bumping their shoulders together. “I am just teasing you. And it is decaf.”

 

The leader gently rubs her arms, feeling the cold air of November sneaking through the gaps of their dorm’s windows, the younger woman immediately noticing her actions. Seungwan sets her mug down and removes her cardigan, wrapping it around Joohyun, who quickly slips her arms into its sleeves.

 

“You could have at least grabbed a shirt before you left your room,” Seungwan scolds Joohyun, who is only wearing pajama pants and a tank top.

 

“This is better, though,” Joohyun easily admits, wrapping herself more tightly in the cardigan like it’s her safe place.

 

Seungwan hides her own elation from Joohyun’s remark by faking a groan, placing her arm around the older woman to provide more warmth.

 

Joohyun responds by leaning her head on Seungwan’s shoulder, closing the remaining proximity between them, the younger woman unconsciously caressing her arm while finishing her coffee.

 

They eventually decided to turn in for the night, but not in their respective rooms. They are currently lying on Joohyun’s bed, softly gazing at each other.

 

Seungwan the chain on Joohyun’s neck, gently tugging it to see a guitar string ring as its pendant. “You still have it.”

 

“I only wear it when we have downtime,” Joohyun says, watching Seungwan fiddle with the ring she made with her own hands.

 

It was from years ago when they got the confirmation that they were finally debuting. Exhilarated by the news they received, they deserved to let loose that they were near to achieving their dreams. They celebrated in one of the company’s practice rooms, eating their favorite snacks that they had missed, jamming to different songs while singing at the top of their lungs.

 

Seungwan’s guitar string snapped when she was playing random songs to her soon-to-be members. Joohyun quipped it was a good omen and added she could use the string to make a ring as a remembrance. One week later, Seungwan gave her a guitar string ring that she made, revealing that she learned from tutorials on the internet and her father video-calling her to show how to properly use tools without harming herself.

 

And there is no way that Joohyun will not keep it around.

 

It was from Seungwan.

 

It is Seungwan.

 

“I’d buy you a sparkly one then so you could parade it to the whole world,” Seungwan jokes although Joohyun can definitely see in her eyes that she is serious.

 

“This one is special. I just worry about misplacing this especially when we have a complicated wardrobe. Besides, I don’t need anything shiny and fancy. You could give me paper rings and I'd still gloat about them.”

 

Seungwan beams at her remark. “That is my first agenda in the morning then. Search on Naver how to create paper rings.”

 

“Whatever makes you happy, Wan.” Joohyun playfully pushes her, making Seungwan cling to her body even more, afraid of falling on the floor. Tucked under her chin, she hears the younger mumbling, “You do.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You make me happy. Always have been.”

 

Joohyun cannot help but let out a tiny gasp, her chest feeling constricted, and not because of pain, but because it feels like her heart leaps into , wanting to get out of her body, overwhelmed with love.

 

“Look up,” Joohyun says with a shaky breath.

 

Seungwan follows her and they catch each other’s gaze, the younger woman simply showing her a soft smile that Joohyun always adores.

 

Joohyun senses the warning prickle of incoming tears but she holds it. Instead, she tugs Seungwan closer by the back of her neck, their lips meeting halfway.

 

'Cause you can hear it in the silence

You can feel it on the way home

You can see it with the lights out

You are in love, true love

You are in love

 

 

They cherish rare moments like this, the two of them alone in the same space, no cameras flashing and fans cheering, only dim lights from outside washing over them and Joohyun’s desk clock ticking along with their own heartbeats in sync.

 

They can forget being Irene and Wendy for the meantime.

 

In each other’s embrace, they are just Joohyun and Seungwan.

 

And they are in love.

  *-*-*

 

 

We were a fresh page on the desk

Filling in the blanks as we go

As if the street lights pointed in an arrow head

Leading us home

 

“You are such a troublemaker, unnie,” Seungwan exaggeratedly exclaims from the passenger seat.

 

“This is no crime, Seungwan. And you’re the one to blame,” Joohyun replies smugly.

 

Seungwan huffs, crossing her arms as it is also partly her fault that Joohyun was the one who picked her up after her radio schedule. Seungwan messaged the leader that she misses her. When she exited the studio, Joohyun was already arguing with her manager unnie, ready to whisk her away no matter what.

 

“As if you don’t miss me too.”

 

“Guilty as charged, your Honor. Please jail me in your heart.”

 

Seungwan swiftly looks at Joohyun because she is unsure if she heard it correctly, her words trailing, “Did you just…?”

 

“I just did,” Joohyun groans into her fist, berating herself for saying something cheesy. That is Seungwan’s role in their relationship, not hers.

 

Boisterous laughter fills the car, Seungwan clapping as if she’s already won the lottery by hearing the older woman drop cringey lines. “Proud lover here.”

 

“Shut up.” Joohyun extends her arm to cover from laughing again, Seungwan effortlessly dodging her attempt, grasping her hand instead and intertwining their fingers together.

 

The radio DJ faces the driver’s seat to fully see Joohyun, the crinkle at the corners of her eyes betrays the pout she is currently wearing. Seungwan leans back at the car door, playing with their fingers, satisfied by the view across her– the perfect 45-degree angle of Joohyun’s face.

 

Since the pandemic, she has been staying with her family in their penthouse more than in their group’s shared dorm. It was an adjustment for her as she wasn’t really used to sharing the same space with her parents. For almost half of her life, she was away from them. Lately, she realized that they aren’t getting any younger so Seungwan chose to spend time with them as much as possible.

 

And her choice has its consequences. On top of being a part of an idol group, she is a solo artist, and a radio DJ. Her schedule is demanding, barely juggling her personal and her professional life.

 

But Joohyun understands Seungwan. She supports her wholeheartedly, thrilled that she can be with her family after all the lost time in her youth. Even if it means they won’t be seeing that much more than they used to.

 

Seungwan meant what she said in her text to Joohyun earlier. She misses her, even now in the car together, she still misses her. And it is alright for Seungwan if Joohyun would be the person she’d miss forever in her life.

 

You hold my hand on the street

Walk me back to that apartment

Years ago, we were just inside

Barefoot in the kitchen

Sacred new beginnings

That became my religion, listen

 

The two remain close to each other as they walk through the dimly-lit street back to their group’s dorm after a late-night stroll in the familiar neighborhood. Seungwan squeezes Joohyun's grasp on her arm more tightly, the older woman slightly shivering despite already wearing the main vocalist’s jacket under her coat when a breeze of cold air hits their petite figures. In contrast, Seungwan is unbothered by the cold, as usual.

 

“I can still drive you home, Wan,” Joohyun utters timidly.

 

Seungwan hums, pressing a kiss on the top of her head. “We are going home.”

 

“You accused me of being a troublemaker when you are really the main instigator.”

 

Seungwan simply chuckles, not denying her lover’s comment. “I am staying with you.”

 

Being a little bit sentimental tonight, Seungwan persuaded Joohyun to have late dinner at one of their favorite pochas they’ve been going to since pre-debut near their company’s old building. The cramped space in the red tent, along with the delicious food it offers, just reminded her of how really far they have come with their careers and they did it together.

 

During their meal, they caught up with each other as if they hadn't talked in a while, sharing stories and random mundane stuff they did for the day. Joohyun mentioned that she’d be alone in the dorm because Sooyoung went to her family’s place at the last minute, Seungwan had no qualms in deciding right there and then that she’d be staying in their dorm.

 

“Your parents might be waiting,” Joohyun voices out her concern when they finally reach outside their dorm.

 

“I already messaged them. And we worry about our managers tomorrow.” Seungwan presses her thumb on the biometric lock, opening the door for both of them. “This night is ours.”

 

“Fine,” Joohyun surrenders with a sigh, hiding the curling up of her lips as they enter their apartment.

 

The two idols have no idea how they came up with the idea of staying up late, sitting on the floor against the cabinet in the kitchen, the midnight glow of the moon reflecting on the bottle of wine they opened because it was the only alcoholic beverage available in their fridge.

 

Seungwan suddenly stands up which surprises Joohyun, the latter accidentally spilling her drink on the main vocalist, the red wine instantly seeping through her white shirt.

 

“Wan!” Joohyun scolds her lover, also rising to her own feet, promptly reaching for the kitchen towel and soaks it with tap water.

 

“It’s alright, Hyun.” Seungwan giddily grins as Joohyun wipes the burgundy mark on her shirt, trying to lighten the newly-formed stain. She stops the older woman’s actions, snatching the towel from her hands and tossing it to god-knows-where.

 

“Dance with me.”

 

“You are so drunk, Seungwan.”

 

Seungwan is not drunk. Among the members, she has the highest alcohol tolerance. She just wants to stay close to Joohyun. The younger woman ignores the teasing and places Joohyun’s hands on her shoulders, looping her own arms around her lover’s slim waist.

 

“You are unbelievable.” Joohyun shakes her head and yet she steps closer to tighten her embrace, her cheeks already matching the maroon color on Seungwan’s shirt.

 

As Seungwan hums a random song, they slow-dance in the middle of the night, breathing in the familiar scent that they miss when they are apart. With arms around each other, they share kisses in their dorm’s open kitchen, worries and problems thrown out of the window for a while, hoping this moment never ends.



  *-*-*

 

 

Don’t read the last page

But I stay when you're lost and I'm scared and you’re turning away

I want your midnights

But I'll be cleaning up bottles with you on New Year's Day

 

Joohyun picks up the champagne bottles on the floor and is eager to put them away for the night when she promptly stops in her tracks as she discovers the sight in the living room.

 

It has been a couple of hours since the clock struck midnight, fireworks erupting and lighting up the starry night sky, the five members of Red Velvet clinking their glasses together, beyond grateful for the exceptional career they had as an idol group for the past decade.

 

And later at noon, there will be a press release regarding them stepping away from their group activities, indicating each member will now focus on their solo careers, thanking their fans for the decade they spent with the group and wishing that they would continue to support them in their future endeavors.

 

The Red Velvet leader watches Seulgi, Sooyoung, and Yerim with a longing but proud look on her face. The trio is bundled up together in the middle of the living room, sprawled out on the mattresses they laid on the floor earlier as they want to sleep beside each other for one last time.

 

Suddenly, a hand with a piece of tissue appears in front of her. “Hey.”

 

Joohyun pans to her left to see Seungwan, urging her to wipe her tears. The older woman doesn’t realize that she’s already crying, not even feeling the sting behind her eyes because all she wants to do is to burn this picture in her mind, her precious members hugging each other.

 

Seungwan displays a tiny smile, gently dabbing the tissue onto Joohyun’s tear-stained cheeks, and then traveling it to her nose, asking her to blow it, which Joohyun obediently follows. And just like that, they both share a quiet laugh at their antics.

 

Seungwan volunteers to clean up the rest, letting Joohyun process whatever she is feeling.

 

Trust the main vocalist to make any situation better– the group’s sunshine, Joohyun’s daylight.

 

Please, don't ever become a stranger

(To the memories, they will hold on to you)

Whose laugh I could recognize anywhere

(Hold on to the memories, they will hold on to you)

Please, don't ever become a stranger

(Hold on to the memories, they will hold on to you)

Whose laugh I could recognize anywhere

(I will hold on to you)

 

Seungwan returns to Joohyun’s side after cleaning up and washing her hands. She naturally envelopes the older woman in her warm embrace, the latter breathing out a sigh of relief at the comfort given by her lover.

 

“Yerim grew up to be a fine lady,” Seungwan mutters her observation about their maknae, who is sleeping with wide open.

 

“Tell me about it. I basically raised that child.” Joohyun giggles through Seungwan’s jacket-clad shoulder.

 

“I will never forget those chaotic mornings she had to go to school. We had to literally drag her out of bed. You calmly ironed her uniform while I was panicking in the kitchen just to finish packing her food for the day,” Seungwan recalls their rookie days while caressing Joohyun’s hair.

 

“Plus those two didn’t have any idea about the ruckus because they were too deep in their sleep,” the leader fakes a scoff, bobbing her head at Sooyoung and Seulgi, the former has her leg propped on the latter who is sleeping like a log.

 

“We couldn’t really blame them though. Our schedules were always packed. I’d do the same thing.”

 

“But you didn’t.”

 

“What?”

 

“Take advantage of the free time when you could have rested then. Instead, you chose to wake up early, taking care of Yerim with me. Why is that?”

 

“Because I want to. I consider her my little sister I never had so I will do my best in taking care of her even if it means losing a bit of sleep,” Seungwan pauses her explanation, tilting Joohyun’s head up so they can look into each other’s eyes, “And I love doing this stuff with you. You are our leader, unnie, but that doesn’t mean you should be the only one taking care of us. You can always rely on me.”

 

Joohyun’s blushes and swiftly nuzzles into Seungwan’s neck to cover her rosy cheeks. “Gosh. You and your words. The reason why so many people swoon over you.”

 

“And in spite of everyone, I only care for the person who is currently in my arms.”

 

“If you are just going to flirt with each other, can you do it somewhere else? Kindly respect the three of us sleeping here. Thank you,” Sooyoung complains, covering her ears with a pillow.

 

“Oops. Sorry, Sooyoungie.”

 

“Brat.” Joohyun mutters under her breath.

 

Seungwan merely clicks her tongue at Joohyun’s childish retort, dragging themselves to her old room in the dorm to avoid disturbing their members' sleep once more.

 

Seungwan tosses whatever available clothes she can find to Joohyun – a pair of sweats, a stained white shirt, and a cardigan. The younger opts for her old hoodie and pajamas. They casually change into their sleepwear in front of each other, not shying a bit.

 

“Wan.” Joohyun breaks the silence enveloping them.

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Are we going to be alright?” Joohyun asks the question that has been bothering her.

 

Seungwan only pulls Joohyun into her embrace because she cannot find the right words to assure the leader as she has the similar worry looming in her mind. Joohyun habitually rests her cheek against the soft fabric of Seungwan’s hoodie, their bodies relaxing and letting their hearts do all the talking in the meantime.

 

Even though the five members mutually decided to finally withdraw from their group activities, there is still a sense of uncertainty, of feeling like they are losing something significant in their lives. They spent their youth training to be idols, and when that time came, they depended on each other during difficult days, finding strength from one another.

 

But then again, this change is inevitable and they have to figure out on their own what to do next. They know Red Velvet has already made their mark in the industry and this is just one of the endings in their lives and the other beginnings are waiting for them.

 

 

*-*-*

 

 

Joohyun marches into her apartment with heavy steps, massaging her shoulders as she attempts to relieve the exhaustion she has felt these past few days. She fishes out her phone from her purse, sighing when unread notifications welcome her, and she almost feels like the time displayed is mocking her– 3:07 AM. She just got home from filming her drama in the countryside and she has only two full days of rest before she goes back to the battlefield.

 

Ever since the group parted ways, each member chose the paths they thought were the best for them, exploring areas they hadn't had the chance to try when they were under tight scrutiny of their company, making sure they were maintaining their group’s image.

 

At first, Joohyun felt lost about what she should be doing in her life, trying new hobbies and then leaving in the middle of it, satisfied that she had already experienced it. It was a spur of the moment when she submitted a form to an acting workshop and the next thing she knew, acting became her newfound love.

 

It was then that she realized that the things she had learned before were superficial. Although she had her acting stint when she was still an idol, it all felt like a requirement as the group’s visual. She worked hard (she always does) during those times and yet it was all a job for her, pressured by their company and the public’s opinion.

 

Attending the workshops taught her about the craft, that acting is not about popularity or how you look good in front of the cameras. It is about how you bring to life a character from the screenplay no matter how small their role is, serving the story, and not being greedy for the spotlight.

 

Joohyun went to auditions of projects that caught her interest, stories that were close to her beliefs and ideals, not minding how many lines she would be saying or how much screen time she would be having. And her hard work and dedication paid off, as she is now one of the most sought-after actresses in the industry, her skills and talents acknowledged by everyone.

 

Just like Joohyun, the other members are thriving doing their own thing. Seulgi is the only member who remained in SM as a solo artist, Sooyoung continues her acting and modeling career, Yerim has produced and composed several hit songs for other kpop idols while having her own vlog channel, and Seungwan…

 

There is no doubt that Joohyun is immensely proud of Seungwan. Finally free from the binding contract of their previous company and their mistreatment, the younger woman became the great musician and singer that she is. In a span of two years, she released a full album and two mini albums, sang drama OSTs, took the stage for a musical, and had a solo tour across the globe. The public simply loves her and her voice.

 

And at the back of her mind, it may sound selfish of Joohyun, but she kind of misses those stolen moments when Seungwan sings solely for her.

 

We had a beautiful, magic love there

What a sad, beautiful, tragic love affair

 

They are still together but not really. It is complicated. There is no one to blame as it is both their own doing– missed calls, distant messages, forgotten occasions, sudden fights, cold shoulder. It is more like they are currently more committed to their jobs than their relationship and they have to admit that painful truth before everything becomes worse.

 

Joohyun reads Seungwan’s contact name on her phone, a yearning can be found in her brown eyes. It’s funny how the younger woman’s name still has the same effect on her but this time, with an additional ache.

 

Wannie: Hey. I have a meeting in half an hour. Are you free right now?

 

Hyun: Sorry, I can’t. Filming starts soon.

 

Wannie: No worries. I know you’ll do well.

 

Hyun: Thanks, Wan. Talk to you later.

 

Read 1:58PM

 

This setup has been going on for almost a year already and it honestly burns them out. They have never thought they would reach this stage in their relationship because they fit so well, they understand each other since their trainee days, their fans ship them because of their undeniable chemistry and obvious love for each other.

 

They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter