Blue: Seo Soojin & Yeh Shuhua

Awit Lods: A Collection of Shots

[ BLUE - JACKSON WANG ]

 

Where Soojin feels so blue

Shuhua paints a different color this time.

 

 

"Unnie!"

 

Who knew one regular honorific would mean so much?

 

"Unnie, I'm here!" 

 

Seo Soojin looked up from her daze, and there she saw that blonde hair like strands of gold, looking so glorious in the sunlight. The smile in front of her never wavered, never got erased even through the test of time that had tested them both.

 

The smile still shone like the sun—hell, even like the stars to Soojin's eyes— and nothing else came close.

 

"Unnie, can you hear me?"

 

Soojin could find no words as she stared at the girl she's loved for a very long time, the blue in her heart repainted into shades of gold and red and everything else as she gazed upon the girl who holds the brush.

 

Soojin smiles as she stares at Yeh Shuhua—hair colored blonde, a smile upon those lips she hadn't seen or touched for a very long time. She stares at the Shuhua she's loved completely and endlessly—

 

Even just through a screen.

 

Her fingers touched the screen as if it could bring her closer to the moment, to the sunlight hitting every feature and painting it gold so majestic and beautiful, as if she could be there.

 

Her fingers touched the screen and wondered what it's like to be in it yet again—for the moments she'd shared with each and everyone of them felt so far away.

 

She seemed so far away now—just like a fever dream.

 

"Unnie, wait for me!"

 

The screen turns black, the golden picture gone as the video she's played over and over again had already ended—the black void fills the painted colors in her heart, swallowing every vibrant color and spitting out the blue that had already stayed for a very long time—

 

"Unnie," a voice says, and Soojin looks back to see the golden picture in front of her.

 

"Shuhua," Soojin says, a smile upon her lips as she sees her smile back. 

 

"What took you so long?"