Do you believe in Tarot cards?

The Fool
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Believe it or not, it was a rare occasion for the five to travel like this. Thanks to Yerim's crazy idea, she could drag her older sisters to a weekend getaway. They planned for many things, like going to the beach, having a barbeque party, and even going to a club for a party. However, they didn't want to have a stupid hangover on the rare holidays. Also, because they were idols, Dispatch would be anywhere. Sadly, they have images to maintain, and being wasted in public seemed not a good option. In the end, they choose to go camping together.

It was Sooyoung's idea, after all. The tallest girl thought they could experience the beautiful nature of the camping grounds. The four of them snickered at the comment as if Sooyoung had not talked about Shin Hyoseob or Crush because of his love for the outdoors. They were sure that Crush somehow influenced Sooyoung to love this activity since the young man always asked the second maknae of Red Velvet to join him and his friends.

The five girls played tarot cards, with Joohyun acting as a professional fortune teller. Her love for reading cards and her belief in fortune tellers made her study astrology. The Red Velvet leader said it was just for fun, yet the other four girls didn't believe that excuse. More like obsessed, commented Seulgi; that would make more sense.

After the small leader read Yeri's card, it was Seulgi's turn. When their eyes met, the monolid girl knew she would screw things up. Her girlfriend was known for being mischievous.

"It's Seulgi's turn now!"

The oldest of them grinned widely while a pouting bear chuckled nervously. They exchanged glances before Joohyun spread the card on the table for Seulgi.

"I'm about to do something important." Seulgi huffed. "I hope this reading will tell me something related to it."

"Well, I don't know. Let's see, I guess?" Joohyun smiled mysteriously.

Seungwan rolled her eyes at her leader. Not Joohyun being the astrology maniac again. Once, she must spend her entire night hearing Joohyun rambling nonsense at their dormitory. Their small leader rambled about how she loved astrology and liked a tarot card. And she forced them now to be read. The main vocal of Red Velvet might be agreed with Seulgi's comment about Joohyun being obsessed with tarot cards. Wrong, she couldn't agree more.

"I hope it is something interesting like mine!" Yerim clapped her hands like a seal.

Previously, Joohyun told her that she would receive much love from the one she loves. Of course, the maknae shone with happiness upon hearing that reading. She wondered who was the one who was going to show her more love. Is it her boyfriend, Mark? Or her sister slash best friend, Taeyeon, or maybe her fans, Reveluv?

Seulgi tightened her lips while staring at her with interest. "Okay, okay. Lead the way then, Joohyun."

Joohyun smiled softly. She liked it when Seulgi called her without honorifics like this openly. Maybe this was something they needed as lovers or even as a group. To be able to act freely without worrying about judgemental eyes.

"What do you want to know, Seulgi?" The leader now stared right into her eyes.

The monolid girl tilted her head slowly. Her mind wandered elsewhere. "I think I want to know how it will be. Would people love something I am about to do? Do you think I can go through it because this is like a new challenge for me, and I'm worried?"

Joohyun gazed softly at her girlfriend and bandmate. She knew Seulgi was stressed because of her upcoming solo album preparations. The monolid girl even stayed up until late at the company to record and practice choreography. Even for the drastic action, like ignoring her. She dislikes the idea of being distant from her lover. However, she couldn't do much about it. Not when Seulgi gave her everything for her first solo album.

The raven-haired girl knew Seulgi wanted everything to be perfect. She planned things carefully, afraid that something could go wrong. This solo album project of hers was tailor-made to suit Seulgi. When Seulgi told Joohyun the concept previously, she was blown away because the idea was unique. However, even though Seulgi wanted to be perfect, sadly, there was no ideal in everything. The sooner Seulgi realized that, the better.

The raven-haired girl shook her head and came back to her sense. "Alright, then, pick three cards!" Slowly Seulgi chose them one by one, her card.

"Do you believe in Tarot cards, Seulgi?" After a long pause, Joohyun suddenly asked her.

"Do you think I'm the type to believe in stupid things like that?" Seulgi snickered at the question.

Joohyun smiled. Her gaze wandered around the camping ground. "I don't know, but maybe sometimes you need to believe in a prediction."

Seulgi shook her head. Not believing a stupid crap her lover told her. She didn't know what kind of crap her girlfriend would interpret for her. Even she thought it was kind of silly anyway. No one believes in Tarot card reading these days. Sure, some people like Joohyun like unlogical things like this. Meanwhile, Seulgi prefers logical things even though she loves daydreaming about something. At least she knew her fantasy was not real; unlike some people, Seulgi sneered while side-glancing at her girlfriend.

"Hmm."

"It's the past." Joohyun showed Seulgi one card.

"Me in the past?" Seulgi raised her eyebrow.

"Yes."

"What is that?" Even though Seulgi kept denying something ridiculous like this, she was still curious about the reading. Call her a hypocrite, but if her lover suddenly acted like a fortune teller and claimed that she could read you, how could you not be curious?

The leader's sharp eyes gazed curiously at one particular card that caught her eye. "You had a hard time. You look exhausted. You had a hard time inside."

Joohyun's reading has caught the other three attention. Seungwan listened to her like Joohyun was talking about herself, not her best friend. Yerim changed her expression and became more serious. Meanwhile, Sooyoung's face remained neutral.

"You always ask yourself. Can I make it? You already had something. You achieve things, but you thought you didn't deserve them." Joohyun's gaze softened to her lover. "Is that right?"

A blurry memory came full force into Seulgi's mind. She was a trainee before in SM. She trained with an f(x) member, Jung Soojung, and Amber. They were supposed to debut together. She was training hard at that time. Unfortunately, the universe had another plan for her. Ultimately, she failed to be an f(x) member and remained a trainee. She still waited and kept training for years until she met Joohyun.

Seulgi remembered when she lost her voice; she cried so much that her eyes were swollen red. At that time, she thought her career was over. What was her reason for being a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter