Collide

Polar Opposites: SeulRene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of the heels of her shoes echoed throughout the campus hall. Everyone's head turned towards the main source of the attraction – a girl with dark undulating hair, attractive proud eyes, pink rosy cheeks, and an angelic smile. Her fan cooled down the summer heat, and her head turn from left to right as she greeted those who passed by her.

     A student accidentally dropped her books the moment she saw the sight of the angel.

     The girl took the books from the floor and gave it to the student with a smile, "You dropped them," she said in a sweet, soft voice.

     "T-Thank you, Seulgi. W-Wow. You look beautiful t-today a-as well." The student stammered, nervousness attacking her.

     Seulgi only gave her faint smile in return before proceeding to walk.

     Kang Seulgi – the angelic head turner.  Everyone  loves her. Aside from the fact that she is attractive and everyone's favourite, she is talented, smart, and kind which brought not just the students to like her but teachers as well. She helps her classmates with their studies, is a consecutive volunteer, and is a consistent honour student. One would say she is the Perfect Model Student that they read in books and fanfiction.

     While walking towards the canteen with her friends, a sudden impact hit Seulgi's chest and orange liquid stained her white uniform. Feedback surrounded them when they saw the accident caused by a running student.

    "I'm so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going, Seulgi!" A student exclaimed, taking his handkerchief and offering it to her.

     Seulgi pouted, ignoring the handkerchief handed to her. "Oh no, this won't do." She pulled the surface of her uniform, "I need to wash this immediately." She released a sigh, "The teachers will get mad at me if they saw my uniform like this. I don't have enough money with me to go to the nearest dry cleaning shop."

     "Shouldn't the one who caused you trouble pay for it?" Wendy, one of Seulgi's friends, said.

     The girl next to Seulgi smiled, "Oh, no, no, no. Seulgi doesn't want to trouble him, Wendy. Though, I wonder how he should deal with this?"

     The student apologetically bowed, "Please, Seulgi. I will do anything to make it up to you."

     "Well, if you insist then who am I to refuse? I don't think washing this will remove the stain. It looks like it's dyed already." Seulgi sighed. "I think I need to have a new uniform made."

     The student took out his wallet. "I only have two hundred dollars with me. Will a hundred do?" He saw Seulgi pout her lips. Like magic, he suddenly gave the whole one thousand bill to Seulgi. It was like, he was in a trance after seeing Seulgi's reaction – he felt like he should give everything to her. "You know what? Never mind. Here, take everything as compensation."

     Seulgi's lips curve into a smile – making her eyes to curve into an upside-down crescent moon. "Aww, what a good boy you are. Thank you. I will  surely put your money to good use." When the student left, Seulgi's friends gave her a high five, "Buckle up, Wendy, Jisoo. Lunch is on me. Good thing this was handed by another junior or else my original uniform will be stained."

     Seulgi – an angelic head-turner that everyone looks up to, but the reality is that she is not the angel that everyone thought she is. Her angelic demeanor perfectly covers up her true personality. Only her friends knew who she really is, and they agreed that it's better if no one will know or else it will ruin the angel's image.

     While Seulgi and her friends had their lunch in the canteen, a newcomer appeared in front of the gates. Everyone's eyes turned toward her direction. Unlike Seulgi's form of attraction which is filled with awe and with colours and rainbows in the background, it's the total opposite of the latter. Her presence alone can silence the noise of the students, even the ones who think they are on top of the other couldn't bring themselves to approach her. Anxiety can be seen on the faces once she passed by – fearing what she might do out of the blue.

     She walked her way into the building and every student would try and keep out of her way. Her eyes were icy and fierce looking. She wore a red and white jacket, her hair chaining straight down to her shoulders.

     A student went out of the classroom without noticing the girl's presence which caused him to hit her shoulders. "What the—" he stopped midway after he noticed who he bumped into. The girl turned her head towards him – emotionless face yet piercing eyes. "I'm so sorry, Irene!"

     "It's f—" Irene was cut off by the sudden offering of his wallet to her.

     "Please forgive me! That's all I have for now, please don't hurt me!"

     Irene rubbed the back of her nape. She knew explaining her side will only push the student to make her accept his offering. She took the wallet and the student, alongside his friends, ran away from her.

      This is the third time this week . Irene sighed and continued to walk to the lost and found area where she can leave the wallet behind.

     Bae Joo-hyun – known to most as "Irene" the fearsome delinquent. Students are afraid of her. Whenever they see Irene walk in their direction, they either turn around to go the other way or they immediately set themselves aside until Irene passed by them – fearing what will become of their peaceful lives if ever they bumped into a delinquent like her.

     Irene saw a student sitting by the bench – overhearing his stomach growling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter