--end

Oh my god, we're fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina hates Giselle

 

She hates how Giselle tricked her by saying that they were going to the library to study but she forced her to go to the cafeteria because she said she was suddenly feeling hungry and the fact that it was noisy inside made it difficult for her to study there so Karina has no choice but to order food as well and join her in eating.

 

She also hates Giselle for choosing to share a table where her crush and her friend are seated when there are so many vacant tables inside the cafeteria they could sit at.

 

"Hey, you two! what's up!" Her best friend cheerfully says as she walks toward their table and the small-faced girl she's with has no choice but to follow her even though she's literally cursing her friend in her head for bringing her into this situation.

 

Her crush and her friend, Ryujin, greeted her back. Giselle sat in front of Ryujin, making Karina sit opposite her crush who only looks at her for a second before quickly turning her attention to her food.

 

Karina could only sigh quietly. Why is she even here? Her crush obviously doesn't want her here, she can't even look at her for too long.

 

Her best friend is having a conversation with Ryujin while the two of them are just quietly eating their food and sometimes trying to listen to whatever they're saying, Ryujin would sometimes try to include her in the conversation and ask her some questions, so she won't feel out of place which made her thankful deep inside since she's really getting uncomfortable how quiet Winter is when she is usually talkative.

 

While eating, Karina is occasionally trying to steal subtle glances at her crush from time to time not until Winter caught her, making her look away and choke on her food.

 

Great. Now all of their attention is focused on her.

 

Ryujin, being kind that she is, immediately gives her an unopened water bottle and opens it for her which Karina gladly accepted, mumbling a soft thank you afterward with a shy smile, earning a smile from the girl and telling her that it's okay.

 

Little did they know, Winter is silently watching the scene in front of her with an unreadable expression plastered on her face which they failed to notice, except for Giselle who was having a time of her life watching all of it unfold.

 

Before Karina could catch her crush looking at them, Winter already looks away and tries to focus her attention on her plate instead.

 

She watches how her crush is just playing with the food on her plate, looking like she suddenly lost her appetite, and she tries so hard not to think that it's because of her.

 

Karina didn't say anything and just try to listen to her bestfriend and Ryujin's conversation when Winter suddenly stands up causing the chair to make a loud screeching noise, which made the three of them look up to her.

 

"I'll go now." that's all she said before heading off, not even throwing Karina a single glance as she walks away.

 

Ryujin and Giselle could only look at each other with a confused gaze while Karina's eyes follow where Winter is heading to, only to see her walking toward Minju. And it didn't escape to her eyes how Winter was all smiley as she talks with her.

 

Ouch.

 

Karina tries to pretend that it doesn't hurt but it does. so much. Her crush can't even stand to be in the same place with her and now, she saw her laughing along with another girl.

 

She wants to cry.

 

But knowing she's in a public place right now, she knows she has to hold her tears until she go home. It's so easy to pretend that it doesn't bother her but deep inside it feels like it's stabbing her heart multiple times.

 

Giselle glances at her friend with so much worry on her face but Karina just smiles at her like she's telling her that it's okay, but her best friend knows that she's not okay, especially that she saw her eyes glistening from tears she's holding back.


--

 

Karina cried.

 

It's not like it's her first time crying because of her but it still feels like the first time feeling the pain from being heartbroken by her.

 

"I told you she dislikes me," the brunette said, her voice almost cracking "That's why I couldn't bring myself to confess to her because I know she will dislike me even more and I don't want that to happen."

 

They are now on the rooftop; they still have 20 minutes so it's okay to stay here for a bit while waiting for their next class.

 

Her eyes are still swollen from crying, she doesn't even have proper sleep since last night which made it worse, and even makeup can't cover her swollen eyes and it , she probably looks like as they speak.

 

Giselle could only heave a sigh, seeing her like this makes her sad too. "I know you won't believe me for saying this but... Believe me, I think she likes you as well."

 

The older one could only scoff at her in disbelief, thinking that her friend is only saying those stuff to make her feel better, "As if. She obviously hates me. Can't you see?"

 

The brunette could only scratch her head in frustration because she can't be wrong that Winter also feels the same. She finds it hard to explain it to her but she's pretty sure that she likes her too, she knows, and she can feel it.

 

They're just both Idiots.

 

"Rina, I'm telling you--"

 

"Stop." she cuts her off, "Please... Don't say it anymore. I don't want my heart to be hurt anymore by having my hopes up. Maybe, I'll just have to accept that she will never like me."

 

Giselle still wants to say something, but she just chose to listen to her friend's wish as she nodded.

 

Maybe, it's time for her to move on,

 

Or maybe not

 

Karina swears the world is playing with her.

 

Their teacher gave them a group activity and it happens that she and Winter are in the same group.

 

Great, right?

 

And they have a meeting after this class to plan everything they need to do. She honestly doesn't want to go because she feels so tired, she hasn't slept yet, and not to mention that she's also avoiding her.

 

When their teacher dismissed them, Karina gathers her belongings and put them inside her bag. Until now, she's still contemplating if she's going to attend or not.

 

But she thought, she's not going to lose anything if she attends, right?

 

So with a heavy sigh, she decided to go. Well, it's not like they're going to interact there. She remembers how she barely talks to her, and she can't even look at her for too long so she guesses attending their meeting would not be a problem. She just needs to attend there and listen to whatever they're going to talk about.

 

She doesn't even exist in Winter's eyes.

 

Their meeting place is in the library, so Karina had to walk to the main building where the library is located at.

 

Once she reached the library, she immediately stepped inside with her heels making a faint sound against the wooden floor. The small-faced girl looks around to try to find where her groupmates are and there, at the corner of the room, she saw them.

 

Karina hates how she always sees first that certain black-haired girl she's trying to avoid before anyone else. She has this aura that made her stand out among the rest or maybe her eyes are already fixed on her, and she takes a mental note that she needs to fix that.

 

She took a deep breath before walking toward them, trying her best not to look in her direction.

 

"Hi. Sorry, I came late," Karina apologizes when she reaches them.

 

"Oh, hey! You're just in time, we're j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter