The exam X The elite

TxT : The Academy X The Chaos

Settling on that huge auditorium took a lot of time, the four boys were at the front where there was four tables in the head of that place separated form the others, everyone coming in knew that those are blongs to for the 4 pillars.

Standing next to their tables seeing now, people look at them with curiosity, they actually felt a little bit awkward, till one face shows up making Soobin angry, that guy from before who treat to kill them, and of course he got madder when he heard him saying once he was passing by them...

“Oh, look our sleeping beauties pillars” the sarcasm he used makes those next to him giggles because they were there at the gate, everyone was there! everyone saw them

“can’t you stop?”  A girl in his group said hitting that guy arm in anger “Those bruises and broken arm aren’t enough for you? Are you searching for a broken neck next?”

Hearing the girl talking HueningKai have this urge to look, and he did notice between the uniform that was almost not been worn in its right form, a jacket on the hands, and scrolled shirt sleeves, there was an arm cast and some bandages, HueningKai saw the guy did listen to the girl in his group advice and back off, but he really wanted to make sure of something, so he just walk to him and grab him by his broken arm.

“woow!”

“chill”

“wait”

 

Everyone in the guy group were in aware, trying to build a wall between the two

The three pillars in another hand were shocked of HueningKai sudden reaction, but also were ready to fight those guys when they form up a circle around one of their own like they are protecting him

 

“I don’t mean any harm” HueningKai said “I just want to ask you if they just release you after taking you in with a warning”

 

The girl laughed so loud; she looked daggers at him “the next warning going to be cutting his legs?”

Chaewon stop it. You will be in trouble too” a boy said calmly and politely from behind “we are sorry for the trouble Hyung caused” he even apologies with a bow

“Ya! Yunsoo” the boy who actually starts everything said to the polite one with so much arrogance “don’t apologize! We did nothing wrong they start we just tag along, aren’t we the bad guys here?” he said with a smirk

Soobin was about to flame the guy, but Beomgyu was first to speak “true!” he said with a big provocative smile on his face “but we don’t have time for this so how about we call our disciplinary community members? I want to see some legs off”

The girl baited her lips in anger, the arrogance guy takes out a silent scoff, but the polite guy named Yunsoo instantly bow with “we apologize” dragging or rather pushing his friends away “sorry pillars so sorry” he repeated leaving

 

Now the four were back alone, the three look at HueningKai, the later look little embarrassed “I really wanted to confirm your mentor words”

“He is lying! Bravo!” Beomgyu said in sarcasm

Taehyun at the other hand was feeling bothered because why did he lie to them? What the point?

“Let us sit first we talk about it later” Soobin said not wanting to speak about it, because he did notice Taehyun bothersome

 

As the time pass finally everyone were sitting, almost 600 participants were in the same place waiting, this so-called entrance exam, also having questions of ‘if they failed what the consequence?'

 

A little after the principal came in with a microphone “test test” he said before he starts explaining  “The exam will take over 15 minutes, everyone who didn’t finish in time, are going to be excluded from the next one, but will be able to continue their attendance in the academia as a normal students”

He stopped a little bit then continue

“I only have one rule, if you say one word you get a warning, the voice or word you will make you will be automatically a failure in the exam, every table you using it have a voice sensitive on it, the moment you say two words our tech-worker will count you as a failure, also don’t submit your papers till 5minutes pass from the original time”

Everyone was silent at first…But a hand been raised among them, “sir, why we will take those exams?”

Another spokes “they told us it a must to join the academia if you have a certain age, those are the rules but we don’t know why?”

Other “if we fail, we still be here so what the point?”

Another “and if we succeeded what it is for us?”

 

Questions were being asked like rain, everyone was curious, why they are here in the center of the chaos 'scared of the rules' most of them came because of that?

 

“As you all know” the principal spoke “those were orders from the pillars as our pillar of hope saw, we can’t refuse what their visions told us, for the sake of every soul we need to take these orders, as for why those exams, for sure we can’t make almost 600 students learn in the same class, that why we will be having different ones, and the last one who reach the final exam will enter the elite class”

“Elite?”

“Yes, the class where our pillars the 4 pillars will be in”

 

“Better if we fail” words been heard in the middle of it but didn’t know exactly who, the principal hearing it just add “as you can see even our pillars are participating, so maybe one of you here is able to pass them, who want to prove himself, who want to get closer, who want to be friend with them this is your chance, if you don’t, feel free to fail because in the elite class we don’t want people who think as a failures, we have special classes for failures too”

 

Everyone went silence again…like they were all thinking of their own reasons to be in that class or more like they don’t want to look as failures

 

 

“Now…” the principal continues “in every table drawer there is the exam paper, the timer starts…now”

 

Behind the principal was a glass board, and already were a number of 14:59 on it, he put his microphone away and left the auditorium…

 

Everyone was silence…but mostly shocked of what they found on the paper

 

The papers were having lines…random lines from the front and random numbers from behind.

 

“What the hell”

 

Those words been said by the arrogance guy who make a scene for two times, and now in that silent room, it was a very good example to everyone

 

A machine voice been heard saying

  • Student with the ID 139909 named Yeonjun that your first warning

 

 

At the exact same time Beomgyu was clueless of what he supposed to do with the paper, he thought that even he doesn’t deserve to be in that fake elite class idea of Soobin, he looks at Taehyun next to him, and shake his head like he didn’t get it, Taehyun looks at the other side where Soobin was looking at the paper, in deep thoughts.

He turns back to Beomgyu and signal to him with his hand to be patient.

 

Suddenly Soobin took the paper up and smiled, he looks at HueningKai from his right side, but turned at Taehyun who will get him faster because he is in the military. With his hands low he tried to tell Taehyun what number he has

Taehyun turns the paper he used his fingers to point 34 to 39

Soobin signal to himself with 33-28, then he turns his paper and put his finger on the lines following them with his fingers till he points to Taehyun paper with numbers 34 - 39

Taehyun mouth went wide open, he instantly gets it, the exam is to find the next paper like it is a puzzle, with the lines to complete it and the numbers to confirm it, he turns to Beomgyu and ask to show him his paper.

Beomgyu lines were unfinished in one side but finished in another, Taehyun smiled knowing that the first end, he looks at Soobin and pointed like Beomgyu dead (as its dead end) Soobin nodded and turn to HueningKai to find his paper ended from the other side.

A clueless HueningKai didn’t understand anything just put his paper up and show it to Soobin who did the math.

 

 

5 minutes has passed, everyone was doing whatever they want in that paper other did give up already…

The timer was 09:59 when Soobin just stands and look at the others who automatically stand with him, the 3 gave their papers to Soobin and the last one submits their papers and went outside of the auditorium.

 

 

“I swear I don’t deserve to be in that elite class if it true” Beomgyu just confess it and the others laughed at it

“Pillars” a lady with a costume called them from a door next the auditorium “this way please”

 

Following her inside, they found the principal sitting in a room with some workers next to many screens checking everyone…

 

“wow” HueningKai said out loud, this is amazing

The principal laughed “the high technology is amazing for sure, come I think its better if you guys search for your candidate this close, and see how everyone behave”

 

The 4 couldn’t disagree, and in a second they were all looking at the screens observing, 1 by 1

 

The principal smiles at how serious they became in a second, and for sure didn’t interrupt

 

Some start to give their paper giving up already some tried to write somethings thinking it the right answer…and some were still sitting in silence.

“Look at this area, it more like not moving!” Taehyun couldn’t take his eye away from them, they were not moving at all but like waiting something

“Oh look” Beomgyu said “its Soobin friend” he pointed at the one who start the fight at the gates

“Yeonjun” HueningKai said remembering the name from the system call “em.?”

 

They saw him picking up the paper then looking around him,

“Yaa! Ya! ya !” Beomgyu said in surprise “did he get it?”

Somehow Soobin felt angry…

But what he did after was stranger, he pointed to the girl who was next to him to stand, the girl looked confused but at the end she closed her eyes and stand from her chair

“Wait…” Taehyun turns to look at the principal, because that didn’t count as a warning

iwht that Soobin was fast to explain “the rules were to stay silence, no one said anything about walking around! And even looking at the paper next to you”

“Woh!” Beomgyu was amazed “did he just risk his friend failure?”

“He already has 1 warning” Taehyun said “that was less risking for him”

 

Now they saw him standing also and start searching the papers next to him, others who were still there look at him, he then makes a move as a hint he took a paper from a person and put it next to his

 

“is he…” Soobin frown

“Showing it to everyone else? Yep” Taehyun said “those next to him, are they…”

“yes” the principal spoke “they are all from justice or the realms beyond” he looks at a worker “move backwards” as he ordered and the worker did “all what this guy did was observing you guys, he asked their colleague to wait look…”

In the screen it shows is all, the guy named Yeonjun was waiting for the pillar of wisdom to explain it to his friends, he did signal to the girl next to him to stop, and she did send the information to those she knows next to her.

“Cheater!” Soobin said clenching his fist angry on the guy who just copy past him, and also angry on himself because he was so easy to read “I screw up this exam”

“Not your fault” HueningKai said tabbing his shoulder

“He is going to be a pain” Taehyun tried to explain “helping other, means he is trying to stand out because he won’t be gaining anything if everyone passed”

Beomgyu look at Soobin “it all good, we also learn something here”

 

15 minutes passed and most of those who stayed there did pass the exam finding the puzzle of the 4 papers, and as Taehyun predicted, everyone start thanking that guy with a smile in their faces, like they defeated the chaos it self

 

“let’s go guys” Beomgyu spoke “no more to see, isn’t it lunch time? I will go to the cafeteria” he said leaving that room, Taehyun and HueningKai followed, but Soobin stayed behind because the principal called him.

“About the next exam, I have this idea that can be helping you…” the principal start to suggest

 

---outside

 

 

“Soobin?” Beomgyu said not taking attention when the principal called him

“He stayed, lets go first” Taehyun suggests and the others agree

“I will go to the restroom first” HueningKai said a little embarrassed leaving them and heading where he saw it before, doing what he needs to do to feel comfortable, HueningKai was standing now washing his hands, when the bathroom exit door got opened, two young men came in, HueningKai look at their reflection in the mirror, both were having a good shape, muscles, taller than him, definitely they like to work out! Or else they like to fight a lot.

“Look what we have here” one of them says, and HueningKai felt they don’t want any good. He didn’t say any word back just as fast as he can he dried his hands and wanted to leave, but both stands in front of him, he looks up to both of them with “y-y-you need anything” he hate how he stuttered but beside his 3 new friends, he actually still has his phobia of new people, just like he felt before

The two laughed and one of them was imitating him “w-w-w-we just want to talk”

HueningKai felt embarrassed but angry too when the other pushed his shoulder like he is picking a fight

“you guys are really powerless without your fifth?” he said pushing him again and this time HueningKai steps back, damn how it weak to step back at this moment, true he isn’t a good fighter nor having super powers yet -or at least he hopes he will have it-

“you boys living fancy life, you didn’t even learn how to stand still just waiting to have some magic and show off to those dogs of yours in the 4 realms” one said in sarcasm with the smirk never leaving his face

HueningKai couldn’t find a very good reply, maybe his brain isn’t functioning right

“If we hit you, are you going to cry in the principal office?” with that the other pushed him so hard till he reached the wall at the end of the bathroom, and was about to give him a good fist in the face, but the restroom door got opened and both turned to see who is coming!

“Yeonjun!” one of them said the name and HueningKai wondered if it the same one in his mind, because if it is it’s a GG for him -GoodGame-

“Agh! the headache” Yeonjun rubs his hair from behind seeing the two

“Headache?” one said in anger

“Ignore him” the second tried to convince

“yeah yeah” Yeonjun said going to the mirror and start taking his bandages “what you guys up to?” he asked taking their attention so...

 

At this rate HueningKai tried to sneak from the side, but one of them grabbed him from his uniform hardly with “where you think you’re going?”

“oow” Yeonjun said speaking with himself now next the mirror “it healed!” he looks at HueningKai “the M---F---r have powers!”

The two look strangely at Yeonjun but ignored him and one of them land a punch in HueningKai face hardly to the point he was now on the floor

 

They laughed…

 

HueningKai felt embarrassed because he knows he can’t fight them even if he tries, but shouldn’t he try?

“ya ya ya” Yeonjun interrupt “geumanhae, stop”

The one who land the punch and felt satisfied looked at Yeonjun with “not your business”

Yeonjun smirk not liking the way that guy talked to him “when I say stop it means stop!”

“Yeonjun you know you are not the boss here” the same one said angry “you are way too far from home, we won’t be following the same rules here”

“The headache” Yeonjun mumbled frowning in disbelieve, but then spoke directly to them “I..." he close the faucet "...can say the same for both of you" he smirked a very creepy smirk that give shivers even to HueningKai who finally stands and start watching the scene in front of him “no one will stop me from killing both of you now, no daddy of the brothers here” he said but HueningKai saw him starting secretly to move his fingers like he is counting something

At this point, the second who was silent finally spoke “brother lets go” he said trying to push his brother away but Yeonjun stands in front of them blocking the way out

 

Kill them

 

HueningKai felt it…the urge to kill someone…

 

“Who says you two can leave?” Yeonjun smirks ready for a fight, but suddenly the restroom door got open, and the gentle guy from before named Yunsoo show up.

“Hyung!” he said going immediately to Yeonjun “what going on?” he looks at the two standing in front of Yeonjun then look at HueningKai who was still behind them. Smelling trouble, he immediately again starts to push Yeonjun away “let them go, please”

At the same time the second who was pushing his brother find the oportunity to do the same and continue till they both left the place.

“Aagh! Why interfering?” Yeonjun said in anger and lwft the restroom too

 

Yunsoo look at HueningKai with a small nervous tone he asked “are you okay?”

HueningKai nodded, “yes am okay” somehow this guy is a lot different then his friends, why he is even with them, and calling that trouble maker Hyung!

 

Yunsoo bows with his head and left running behind the other, HueningKai touched his face where he got hit, he looks at the mirror and it was already red he huffs

“they will get angry” he thought of his friends..and especially Soobin who is a full-time serious.

 

 

--- At the restaurant

 

There was Beomgyu enjoying the VIP plate they gave them, fancy, delicious, and full “isn’t this a heaven”

Taehyun laughed “for you maybe, I still prefer the military food”

Beomgyu face switch to a disgust “no taste, no taste”

“But you never taste it to judge” Taehyun tried to convince

while both were into their conversation for some time, Soobin finally arrived to the place, he sits next to them in a table of 4 that been also made specially for them as they been told from some workers there

“HueningKai?” Soobin said before anything

“bathroom” Taehyun replied, “should I go get your lunch?”

Soobin rolls his eyes “we talked about it before, forget your father orders, we are both here in the same boat, I go get it myself” he said and stand

Beomgyu look at Taehyun with a mouth full of food “why your father didn’t send you just as you supposed to be?”

Taehyun who was amazed how he can clearly speak with so much food in his mouth, shrugs “maybe the king of wisdom asked him to, they are the closest in their group”

Beomgyu agree “also your realms are near each other, and you actually the future general in the military and he is actually the next ruler” he swallowed “damn both are meant to stay together if we succeeded”

Taehyun smiled and look at Soobin who was taking his plat from the kitchen counter “he is going to be a great ruler for sure”

Beomgyu nodded “a dead serious one”

Taehyun shakes his head a no “I think its just our circumstances wo made him like that, I bet if we find the fifth, he will be more at ease”

Beomgyu give the idea an agree in his mind..

Suddenly both of the boys got their intention stollen buy a boy who stands from a table and runs fast all the way outside that big restaurant.

“What is that” Beomgyu asked

“I don’t know” Taehyun replies looking at the table from where he gets up “its them”

Beomgyu looks too and find the same group from before “they truly make trouble from nothing”

but also, at the same time Soobin came and sits ignoring what happening and start talking about the principal suggestions, and that make them ignore the scene that happened too and listen.

 

No more than 4 minutes, the restaurant door got smashed open and two men came in, the same men from the bathroom before, one angry and the other trying to calm him

 

“We could have kicked his ! And you stopped me”

“No, we can’t”

“Stay a all your life!”

“Am trying to stay out of trouble”

“Then stay away from me am the trouble”

 

 

With that conversation out loud, who took the attention of everyone inside, the two brothers got separated one went outside and one just sits in an empty table in anger

 

“I wonder what happened” Beomgyu for sure said in curiosity, but at the same time he finished his sentence, he knew what happened, because the restaurant door again got smashed open seeing Yeonjun coming in with the one who runs outside a little while ago Yunsoo. “So that what happened”

Soobin frown and continue eating his food…

Beomgyu rise his hand in the air and start waving “HueningKai here” he said seeing their friend coming in too

Getting closer and sits fast looking the other way HueningKai said “I go get food” he stands but Taehyun was fast to stop him

“Why your cheek is red?”

He asked and HueningKai tried to lie “I-i-I hit the door” he stuttered…

The moment he did the three know something is very off

“Someone hit you?” Taehyun said not believing he actually saying it to a pillar

HueningKai who didn’t want trouble just tried to convince “just forget it, it got settled”

Soobin hit his fist in the table in anger “Someone… have the courage to hit a pillar and you want us to forget it?” he yells “WHO”

 

 HueningKai got scared of the scream he kept silence…

 

“WHO!” he yells again and Taehyun interrupts with “Soobin calm down”

“Calm down? ARE YOU?” Soobin stands looking around, and somehow someone there had a smirk provoking him from afar “you came after him is it him again?”

“Who?” HueningKai said but not even finishing his sentence Soobin was already walking to a direction

“Yeonjun?” Beomgyu said fast

“No!” HueningKai said standing fast behind Soobin but before he could grab him, he disappears…

“w…what”

 

Everyone was shocked… (also amazed)

 

AAaaH

 

A scream of a girl heard, and the three turn to a table there, the scream was from Chaewon’s the girl from before

“Hyung?” Yunsoo called standing in shock

But that chair where he was supposed to be sitting on it was empty

 

“f**k”  and Taehyun did take out a bad word