first meeting

baby jiminjeong series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

enjoy.

-

“Jimin-ah, look!” a small girl pointed her little finger at the television, smiling big at the cartoons displaying on the screen. She turned her head to watch her baby sister’s reaction but the tiny baby simply put her fist back in , drooling all over it. The little girl grimaced. “Eww, mommy! Jimin is drooling all over her face again!”

A woman came through the door, chuckling at the sight of her daughters. “Joohyun, sweetie, you know Jimin is a baby. You used to do that too when you were her age”, she approached them, picking up the tiny baby. “Oof, Jimin what have you been eating, huh?”

Joohyun giggled, covering with her hands. “Jimin is fat”.

Her giggles were contagious enough to make Jimin stop drooling her fist and let out a loud laugh, showing her two front teeth. Joohyun stopped laughing and placed her hands on her cheeks. “She’s so cute, mommy!” She pouted, reaching for her little sister.

The woman couldn’t stop the smile forming on her lips as she watched her six-year old take a hold of her baby sister. It was quite a funny but endearing sight. Joohyun was tiny for her age and Jimin was kind of a chubby baby.

“Are you ready for your party, Hyunnie? You’re a big big girl now”, she watched Joohyun help Jimin sit down on the carpeted floor. 

At the mention of her birthday party, Joohyun jumped in excitement, momentarily forgetting about Jimin, who started crawling.

“Yes, mommy. I can’t wait for Friday! Did you tell Seulgi’s mom? She needs to be there, and Seungwan too and Sooyoung and Yerimie and-”

“Yes, yes, Joohyun. All of your friends are coming” She chuckled at the girl’s over excited reaction.

“And remember, mommy. No boys allowed, only Minho and Junmyeon can come, they’re okay I guess”, Joohyun shrugged in defeat, making her mom laugh.

“Got it, baby. Hey, do you remember your auntie Taeyeon?” She pulled the little girl in a warm embrace, playing with her fingers while both watched Jimin crawl all over the room.

“Yes, she’s Jungwoo’s mom. I don’t like Jungwoo”, Joohyun scrunched up her nose just thinking about the boy. “He’s loud and annoying”.

Her mother laughed. This kid. “Well, she had a baby not long ago. Her name is Minjeong and you two are going to meet her at your party, how does that sound?” She poked Joohyun’s stomach playfully.

“Does she drool all over her hands like Jimin?” Joohyun looked up at her mother, a curious look on her face.

“Hmm, probably. She’s way tinier than Jimin, baby. She’s only two months old. Remember how Jimin used to sleep almost all day? Minjeong is like that, she’s too small”.

“So she can’t play with us? Then why is she coming?” Joohyun frowned, squinting her eyes.

“Because she can’t be left alone and your aunt Taeyeon is coming to your party”.

“Oh, that’s fine I guess. As long as Seulgi comes, mommy”, Joohyun pulled away from the embrace, approaching Jimin again.

She watched her sister laying down on the floor with one of her toys in . She laughed, sitting next to her. “Why does she look like a pineapple, mommy?” The little girl asked, brushing her sister’s hair with her hand.

“What do you mean, sweetie?”

“Her hair always looks like this. She’s a pineapple”, she pointed at Jimin’s hair.

The woman let out a loud laugh when she understood what Joohyun meant. “She does look like one, huh?”

-

Friday came by and Joohyun was standing on a chair, wearing a birthday hat with everyone gathered around her. Though she felt shy that everyone was looking at her, Joohyun was still smiling because she had her favorite cake in front of her and her best friends were clapping their tiny hands, cheering on her.

 

A candle shaped in the form of a 7 was lit right in the middle of the cake, waiting for little Joohyun to blow it.

“Come on, unnie! Hurry before it melts!” Seulgi jumped impatiently right before Seungwan scolded her.

“We have to sing first, Seulgi!” The short girl shook her head.

Seulgi pouted, crossing her arms. “Fine but quickly! I want cake”.

 

-

Joohyun took Jimin’s hand, helping the baby walk as they made their way to aunt Taeyeon. She was holding what Joohyun guessed would be Minjeong, her new baby.

She looked down at Jimin when she felt a tug on her hand. “What is it, Jiminie?”

The–almost–one-year old whined, wanting to free herself from Joohyun’s hold. With her free hand she pointed at Taeyeon and Joohyun quickly understood what she wanted. She knew just how much Jimin seemed to love their aunt Taeyeon, even if they didn’t see her that often.

Joohyun let go of Jimin and the latter only gave a few steps before she fell on her knees. Joohyun scrunched up her nose, expecting Jimin to start bawling but instead the baby just grunted and crawled her way to aunt Taeyeon, making excited noises as she approached.

Jimin was in the process of learning to walk and she needed the help of an adult (or Joohyun, according to her) to take more than a few steps.

The birthday girl followed her sister and watched Jimin being picked up by their other aunt, Tiffany, the wife of their aunt Taeyeon. Jimin giggled once she was in the woman’s arms and Joohyun approached shyly, despite knowing them for years, now that Joohyun was older she felt more shy being around other adults that weren’t her parents.

“Joohyun, come here, darling. God, we missed you guys, you look taller than last time I saw you, Joohyunnie”, Tiffany smiled at the girl, picking her up with her other arm.

At the mention of height, Joohyun smiled. “You really think so, aunt Tiffany? But I’m still the shortest in class and they make fun of me”, she pouted sadly. She wanted to be tall, she hated being the target of jokes at her school.

“Aww, baby. I’m sure you’ll get taller when you grow up but there’s nothing wrong with being short. Just ignore those dumb classmates of you, they’re jealous they’re not as cool or smart as you”, she kissed the girl’s cheek, making Joohyun feel shy again.

“Hey, girls.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter