Ms. Bae is literally homophobic

The Egg Baby Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Notes: hi, sorry for the wait! i was a bit busy with studies these days. once again, this isnt proof read. sorry for typos and mistakes uhuhuh

 

 

The air feels so thick and clammy that it could dry up throats. Except that only Minjeong can feel it. The black haired girl beside her can breathe just fine– And it sort of irritates Minjeong.

 

Getting pissed off because someone’s breathing fine while you’re out here close to death? Yes, you might call Minjeong crazy, but she has a reason! The ‘someone’ that’s breathing fine is her mortal enemy! The mortal enemy that probably doesn’t give a about her!

 

When one spot near the baskets in the gym clears up, Minjeong walks near them and quickly takes up the space before anyone else could so she could finally choose a basket before they can choose an egg. It’s been a bit hectic in the gym since it’s pretty small, and she and her rival have been waiting for 15 minutes already. Although, her rival is too busy on her phone to even spare a glance at Minjeong’s way. As usual.

 

When Jimin stays rooted in her place behind Minjeong, still typing something in her phone– It pisses Minjeong off even more. And she finally decides to say something for the first time to the taller girl ever since they were paired up together.

 

Minjeong slightly turns her body with her hands buried deep inside the pockets of her letterman jacket and says, “Do you, like, care about this project?” There’s a sense of snarkiness in her tone, and she added it especially for Jimin.

 

Jimin’s head shoots up from her phone with a blank face before her eyes meet Minjeong’s, and the corner of her lips stretch up just slightly as an amused smile.

 

“And she speaks.” Jimin says in a rather teasing tone before turning off her phone and slowly walking to stand beside Minjeong, the smile never leaving her face. Minjeong’s face is formed into a scowl the whole time just by watching the girl. 

 

Who does Jimin think she is to make fun of Minjeong for not speaking to her? It’s not like Jimin made any effort to speak to her either? And before anyone gets any wrong idea, no, Minjeong doesn’t want to talk to her anyways! Whatever!

 

As Minjeong rolls her eyes and goes back to looking at all the baskets placed on the floor in front of her, Jimin suddenly starts a conversation with her, “Hey, is it just me or is everybody staring at us?” The question instantly makes the ginger haired girl narrow her eyes with a grimace on her face as she turns her head to look at the taller girl, “Seriously?”

 

Obviously, Minjeong already knows about the eyes on their backs, but she’s been ignoring it since they entered the gym.. Like she always does.

 

Jimin lowers her voice in a whisper and looks around as she leans closer to her Minjeong, the latter instinctively steps back. 

 

“I mean, usually it’s just me that’s being stared at, but now they’re staring at both me and you!”

 

Minjeong feels herself instantly scoffing, “Wow, it’s almost as if the world doesn’t entirely revolve around you.”

 

Jimin elbows her in the arm, and Minjeong glares at the girl for touching her. The black haired girl laughs, almost as if she finds Minjeong cute as she says, “What are you so grumpy about, strawberry cupcake? Loosen up a bit!”

 

What offends Minjeong more than being called grumpy or ‘cupcake’ by ing Yu Jimin is getting called a strawberry cupcake. Nobody likes strawberry cupcakes.

 

“Why am I strawberry?” She asks, dead serious.

 

Jimin crosses her arms and stares intently at Minjeong with an amused smile, her feet bounce on their own as she replies, “Well, because you’re ginger.” Now that gets the shorter girl confused. She tilts her head and frowns, “But strawberries are red?”

 

“Well, yes. Ginger is practically red.”

 

“No, it’s not!” Minjeong argues.

 

“Welp, I guess I’m colorblind.” Jimin cheekily replies and shrugs before walking ahead of Minjeong and peeks over the baskets to choose one she likes. “That’s not how being colorblind works!” Minjeong says with an exasperated groan, but since she knows there’s no use in arguing with Jimin, she relently decides to stand beside the girl and help choose a basket.

 

Jimin’s eyes widen and she points to a basket all the way behind the baskets in front of them. “That one! The red one! It’s like you!” The tall girl jumps up and down like a kid, and Minjeong only watches her. She thinks it’s cute– Disgusting. Minjeong thinks Jimin is disgusting. Nothing else.

 

Jimin instantly turns to Minjeong with a childish pout. “Please get me that one?”

 

Minjeong stops staring like a weirdo and furrows her eyebrow, “What?” She asks, baffled at Jimin’s actions for the nth time today, “You want me to go all the way over there to pick out some ugly red basket.. Because it looks like me?”

 

“One, it’s not ugly.” Jimin corrects her, “And two, as my partner I expect you to meet my expectations,” Then, she dramatically sighs as if she’s in a soap opera, “Or else, I fear this might not work out after all.”

 

Minjeong is so tired of Jimin’s bull. “We’re partners for a project, not for real..” She says tiredly before turning around and walks between the gaps of the basket to the back, for the only red one. Jimin smiles as she watches Minjeong.

 

The ginger haired girl manages to acquire the red basket with much effort and barely manages to get out of the sea of baskets to Jimin. She almost bumped into the taller girl when she jumped from a spot to get out quickly. “Oops, sorry.” She steps back, increasing their distance.

 

“No problem.” Jimin smiles before taking the basket. Minjeong’s private space is invaded when the black haired girl steps closer to her and links their arms, it makes Minjeong flustered and almost makes her forget about the eyes on her back– Almost makes her feel like they’re the only two people in the gym.

 

Jimin looks at her  with a cheeky grin before yelling, “Now, let’s go make a baby!” Minjeong’s eyeballs bulge out from their place as she instantly covers Jimin’s mouth with her palm before looking around to see if anyone heard them– They did. Everyone’s looking at them, and everyone’s talking, probably about how Yu Jimin and Kim Minjeong are gonna make a baby together.

 

God, this is embarrassing.

 

Jimin her palm, and Minjeong instantly pulls away. “Come on! What are you, a child?!” She rubs her palm on Jimin’s top. The latter’s eating grin still doesn’t leave her face as she links her arms with Minjeong again before pulling her away to the other side of the gym where there are eggs.

 

After a while when the line for the eggs has cleared up for them to choose and Minjeong has recovered from that traumatizing moment with Jimin, the two start to focus on choosing an egg.

 

Minjeong’s eyes look at Jimin, then back at the eggs, then back at Jimin. After repeating this action for like three hundred times, she leans towards Jimin’s side and says, “All the eggs look the same, you know..” The taller girl shakes her head, a serious expression on her face. “No, my baby will call out to me. A true child will call out to their mother.”

 

Minjeong blinks and pulls away. “It’s just an egg but I mean, suit yourself I guess..” She’s just tired, okay? Talking to Yu Jimin is tiring, even for Minjeong who is praised by volleyball professionals for her intense agility and stamina.

 

After a while with Jimin being focused and Minjeong zoning out as usual, the former slowly speaks up, “Her.” She points at an egg with her finger, “I want her.” She repeats before making her way towards the egg herself while muttering something about the duties of a good mother. Minjeong wakes up from zoning out and blinks, “I’m awake.. How much time has passed?”

 

Jimin narrows her eyes at the redhead after she picked up the egg and started caressing the top gently, “Don’t you know there’s a war going on?”

 

The shorter girl rolls her eyes as Jimin makes it back to her side with the egg carefully resting in her hands. She places the egg inside the basket Minjeong was holding and tucks it within the blanket. 

 

“Oh, wait,” Minjeong says, and Jimin looks at her curiously. The former pulls out a marker from the pocket of her letterman jacket and picks up the egg within her own hands before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter