You are paired with..

The Egg Baby Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Notes:  hi! surprised to see me?! after my LONGG writing break im finally back at writing a winrina (+ ningselle) fic, which i havent done in a long time. (annyeongz readers i will get back to u soon i promise) im quite excited for this fic and i hope everyone reading is too!

although the first chapter is a bit disappointing, i assure the next chapter will be way more fun. im sorry if u dont like having male characters in stories but i needed someone to fill the fifth person role in this story and hueningkai is one of my ults soo.. hes gay so dont worry abt him getting in winrina's way btw!

as usual, this isnt proof read so im sorry for typos and mistakes, i hope u like reading this!

 

 

Loud chatter and laughter washes over the student body of Rosehill High as the hallways burst with energy and people. It’s a sunny morning, and the morning announcer’s voice booms throughout the entire school thanks to the loudspeakers.

 

“Gooood Morning, Rosehill High! It’s a sunny Monday morning that surely everybody at this school hates! Today’s morning news– Just like every other day– is brought to you by yours truly, Huening Kai!”  

 

A bunch of random gibberish is relayed to the students by Mr. Loudmouth Huening Kai.

 

A girl walks through the sea of students swiftly, avoiding body contact with anyone as she absentmindedly listens to the announcements while letting her feet take her to her locker. She manages to pick up something along the lines of ‘The Spring Volleyball Tournament’ but then instantly flushes that information down her mind toilet because it wasn’t relevant in any aspect in her life.

 

When she finally reaches her locker, a series of cutout stickers spelling ‘Aeri’ greet her. Others have fancy decorations on their lockers, but Aeri is proud of her minimalistic taste.

 

Passing by the dark haired girl is one panic-stricken girl that’s running and bumping with other people while trying to stop her books from falling from her bag. She, legit, woke up fifteen minutes ago– And barely managed to make herself look presentable to not be late at school.

 

Today, she’s gonna be given her first assignment of sophomore year and Home Ec– It’s literally 50% of their grade. She can’t miss it today unless she wants to retake the same class next year as a junior.

 

“Woah, easy Yizhuo!” A girl from her Math class says when the two bump shoulders rather harshly. Yizhuo mutters a quick apology that she doesn’t mean and continues running towards her locker– Why the hell is it so far away? 

 

Regardless of the struggle, Yizhuo manages to make it to her locker in one piece and dumps all her books inside, choosing to only keep her stationary and Home Eco book in her bag. 

 

“Oh, and speaking of exciting news, there’s something everyone has been talking about. The Home Eco subject’s first assignment starts today which lasts until the midterms, it’s fifty percent of their grade, and it’s none other than the infamous Egg Baby Project!”

 

Yizhuo pauses sorting through her locker and looks up at the loudspeaker on the wall near her, listening to Huening Kai gush over the assignment. There it is, the project that 70% students failed last year and are retaking the class for that very reason. Yizhuo knows, she has a friend that accidentally broke her egg and failed.

 

She just wishes she can be partnered up with someone nice and make it through the project– Or better yet, someone that doesn’t care at all, so she can take care of the assignment herself and ensure there’s no chance of her failing!

 

“But you might be wondering, why exactly are people talking about this project again aside from the fact that it’s a guaranteed ‘F’ assignment? Well that’s because two of the school’s royalty or whatever have landed themselves in this class, together!”

 

Just as Huening Kai finishes saying those very words, loud gasps are heard through the hallway as the usual morning crowd immediately divides into half, both groups sticking to the lockers on their sides and creating an odd pathway in the middle for a certain group of people. Everyone’s eyes are on them.

 

It’s ⅓ of the 15 member girls volleyball team of the school. A medium height girl with long ginger hair leads the small group; Her body draped in her letterman jacket and a volleyball resting beneath her biceps against her waist. She walks with her head held up high, her mind empty– She’s too used to the stares and gasps.

 

Rather, it would be weird if people didn’t stare at her! She would’ve thought she drank an invisible potion or something.

 

Her head turns to a speaker as she’s walking by, her lips letting out a silent scoff when she hears the morning announcer’s  next words,

 

“One among the royalty is none other than campus crush and ace volleyball slayer– I mean player, Kim Minjeong! Everyone’s gushing over the idea of Rosehill High’s second most desired girl being a parent. We pray for the heart of any innocent soul that gets paired up with this beauty.”

 

She has looks, she has money, she has the skills to beat any volleyball player around their age and she truly has it. Of course, that’s Kim Minjeong after all. 

 

But when she heard the announcer say ‘second most desired girl,’ she felt herself rolling her eyes. No, not because she was offended or anything; She could care less about high school social politics– She rolled her eyes knowing exactly who Huening Kai was talking about.

 

And right at that moment, a crowd in the far distance, that probably wasn’t aware Minjeong and her volleyball girls were coming, immediately divided into two groups, clearing up the path for a different group of people.

 

Minjeong can recognize that face from miles away.

 

The girl walking in front of the group as the ‘main girl’ is holding up her phone, taking multiple photos of the same pose, pouting her lips while winking and making a V sign as she walks rapidly. Why the popular snarky girls at school like to walk so fast should definitely be studied,

 

“And the other girl that will be participating in this year’s Home Eco’s Egg Baby Project is none other than Rosehill High’s most desired girl of all time, the main It girl, Yu Jimin!”

 

But the existence of Yu Jimin  should be studied as a whole.

 

How can someone so fake (in Minjeong’s eyes) be so loved and adored by people? It seems like Minjeong is the only one with a brain in this school. She’s the only one that can tell Yu Jimin is way different than how she ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter