Prologue : Drenched Rose

The Rose on My Porch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EVERYTHING wasn't in the list of Irene's expectations. She thought she would be coming to Chicago with the love of her life but she came back all by herself. She went back to Korea not just to have fun or visit Sakura, she went there with the intention of taking back what's supposed to be hers but all that welcomed her was disappointment.

Sakura has already moved on. Knowing the fact that the said girl has been in love with her for the longest time, Irene believed that there would still be a chance for them. She managed to call off her engagement; something she didn't know was possible. She didn't expect that things would go her way when the said guy who she was arranged to be married turned out to be the biggest fraud of the century.

After the failed engagement, Irene took the courage to come out of the closet to her parents. Of course, her family was shocked. She was their only girl. She was expecting her father to be in rage but he sat there, contemplated and surprisingly accepted Irene's identity. He believes that everything was his fault and felt sorry for giving Irene up for an arranged marriage.

Irene finally attained the freedom that she's been longing for years. Her father even encouraged her to enjoy her life the way she wanted to. She was given the permission to decide for herself.

It was like a dream to her. She booked herself a flight to Korea the very night she got her freedom. She didn't want to tell Sakura by text message. She wanted to tell her the words that she had been wanting to say all this time straight from her own lips.

But just as she always thought, too much happiness is usually followed by sadness.

"She has already moved on... And is even into another girl now..."

Irene sighed to herself. She just got out of the taxi. It seemed like the weather that day wasn’t cooperating as well. The rain was pouring so hard that it seemed like it wouldn't be raining for the remaining months of that year. She didn’t have an umbrella herself. Even if she had one she wouldn’t mind taking it out of her bag.

She could hear the worried shout of the taxi driver yet again she didn’t mind him either. She just went on her way, not worrying about her gadgets that might be damaged by rain. If her waterproof luggage failed to work in accordance with its name then fine. Her clothes would go straight to the laundry anyway and her makeup kit is safe. The gadgets? She can replace them easily. Them breaking because of rain wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter