Chapter 2

Alone Together [RETOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi looked up to a four-story apartment building, then back to the piece of paper with an address written from Sooyoung. So, this is where Joohyun lives.

Seulgi took the stairs since her apartment was on the third floor. Once she found the room number written on the piece of paper she had, she slipped in the key that was given to her by the nurse, saying it was one of Joohyun's belongings she had on her bag, then turned the knob. She slowly opened the door as she prepared herself to see Joohyun’s apartment.

Seulgi entered as she switched on the light. It was a rather small room, smaller than her apartment. It was clean, almost as if no one lives there. She fully entered, trying to find the closet where her clothes might be. She found it on top of her bed, so she got the clothes and undergarments from there then put it inside her bag hurriedly as she tried not to look at them at the same time.

When she finished, she immediately left the room and locked it, feeling stupid for being all so flustered just because she had seen her apartment, thinking that she’d just seen a part of her that she wouldn’t be able to see if not for that accident. Seulgi cursed herself.

 

+++

 

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay by yourself?” Seulgi asked again as she watched Joohyun walk towards the bathroom of her hospital room. She was holding her change of clothes. She saw her nodded in response.

“Yes, I’ll be fine. My head doesn’t hurt that much now.”

Seulgi was unconvinced but she nodded. “Okay, I’ll be here. Just tell me if you need anything.” Joohyun nodded with a smile then entered the bathroom.

Seulgi sighed. She leaned her back on the wall just beside the bathroom’s door as she waited for Joohyun to finish changing clothes. After a while, she heard some clattering inside which made her panic. She stood by the door as she knocked furiously. “Joohyun-sunbaenim? Are you okay?” Then a thud.

That was the moment when she decided to open the door, thankfully it was unlocked. And then Seulgi saw her, sitting helplessly on the floor along with the scattered clothes, wearing only her undergarments. She ran towards her and knelt before her. “Are you okay?”

“Sorry… I suddenly felt dizzy when I had to balance when I wore my pan…”

Seulgi saw her hesitation to say the word. She sighed. “Geez, why are you apologizing?” She got the hospital gown from the floor and gave it to her to hold, to cover her body. “Wait here, I’ll call for a nurse…”

Before she can stand up, Joohyun had grabbed the side of her shirt, stopping her.

“I-it’s okay… I can… do it myself…”

Seulgi eyed her for her stubbornness. She sighed again. “It’s a nurse’s job to help their patients, you know. If you’re thinking that you’re causing trouble, then don’t.” She saw Joohyun snap her head towards her. So, she was right about what Joohyun was thinking.

Seulgi chuckled when Joohyun looked away, pouting. She sighed again. “If you really insist on not calling for help, then, let me help you.” She paused as she smiled. “We’re both girls anyway.” She continued.

“B-but… we’re going out so…”

“Then, let me call the nurse. Wait here, don’t move.” Seulgi said with a smile then stood up, walking out of the bathroom, then out of the room. She stopped by the door with her head looking down. She sighed deeply, before she called for a nurse.

After a while, the nurse and Joohyun came out from the bathroom. Joohyun was now wearing her pyjama, walking towards her bed as the nurse assisted her to walk. The nurse assisted her until she was laying comfortably on her bed.

“Call me if you need anything, Joohyun-shi, Seulgi-shi.”

They both nodded then the nurse went out of the room. Seulgi sat on the couch quietly, as she got some apples from the grocery bag she bought, deciding to peel some for Joohyun.

“S-sorry… Seulgi-shi…”Joohyun broke the silence of the room.

“For what?” Seulgi inquired without removing her gaze at the apple she was currently peeling.

“I-I don’t remember anything, so I didn’t know that… I was into this kind of relationship…”

Seulgi felt a pang on her chest at what Joohyun said, but she managed to remain calm. “You don’t have to force yourself to anything.” Was the only answer she could say, then silence again. She can feel that Joohyun was looking at her but she tried to concentrate on her task.

“It… must be hard… to not be remembered by someone you love… I’m sorry…”

Seulgi stood up then placed the apples she had finished peeling on the side table beside her bed. “Don’t worry about it too much. It’ll be bad for you if you try too much to remember. For now, just focus on getting better, and all your memories will naturally go back to you.” She simp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter