Body Reflexes

RE-SAIL: YUNJAE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One chance.

Yunho opened his eyes with the echoing silence of their apartment. He can’t sleep even if he wants to. With too much pressure, too much work, too much schedules, too much exposure, too much exhaustion and too much—too much Jaejoong, he’s being so restless.

He decided to go out of his room to wash his exhausted face. He found their living room empty. He then remembered that his dongseangs are out for an interview. He let out a deep sigh.

He immediately walked towards the kitchen to find Jaejoong. Empty. He panicked. Where’s Jaejoong? He doesn’t want to be alone. Not now. He rummages through their apartment’s room one by one. Still, he found no trace of Jaejoong around. He dashed towards their balcony to easily access the world outside, hoping he could see the apple of his eyes, safely staring at the sky outside. But before he could sprung in the balcony, he saw Jaejoong’s back that he had memorized in his heart.

There was Jaejoong, standing as he stared silently at the night sky of Seoul. Yunho held his chest, feeling that it’ll explode any minute now. He stared at Jaejoong. Just what did you do to my heart Jaejoong?

Two steps.

Yunho walked silently towards Jaejoong. He felt the loud banging of his heart dragging him towards him. He let his body and heart take control. His mind is too tired to object. It only took him two steps to be behind Jaejoong. He stood frozen and smiled—smiled at his lead singer’s presence in front of him. He wrapped his arms around the smaller man’s waist as he buried his face on the man’s shoulder. Why? His body’s reflex told him so.

Jaejoong felt a pair of strong arms wrapped him and immediately recognized its owner. Yunho. He was thinking about the man for hours now, worrying about his health. He knew that his leader refuses to share his burden to them, even if it’s killing him already.

He absorbed Yunho’s warmth. He was so used to when Yunho would hug him from behind. He doesn’t even want them to separate anymore. He closed his eyes, feeling more.

Three words.

“I love you.” Yunho’s voice.

Jaejoong’s closed eyes widened. He flinched. “Yunho?”

“You just flinched Jaejoong.”

Jaejoong turned to face his leader, avoiding his eyes. “I-I’m sorry…”

“What? You hate me now?”

“Huh?”

“You hate me don’t you? Flinching like that.” Yunho’s small eyes narrowed more. “You’re disgusted?” He hugged Jaejoong again as tears started to form in his eyes.

Jaejoong flinched again.

“You flinched again!” Yunho exclaimed.

Jaejoong furrowed his eyes. “So what if I did?”

“You hate me!” Yunho cried.

“No I don't, Yunho!”

“So what’s with the flinching?!”

“What’s wrong with flinching?!”

“You don’t like me. You hate me.” Yunho cried more. Sobbing like a child.

“What’s wrong with you Yunho?” Jaejoong’s voice is covered with worry, shock, confusion, anger, and happiness all mixing together.

“What’s wrong with you Jaejoong?” Yunho asked back as he covered his wet face with his hands.

Jaejoong reached for Yunho’s crying face with his hand. “Yunho-ah…”

But Yunho slapped it away. “You hate me! So don’t touch me!”

Jaejoong gritted his teeth. “What is your problem Jung Yunho?! I told you I don’t!”

“Then why did you flinch when I hugged you and told you I love you?! Isn’t that proof that you just hated me?!

Jaejoong can’t believe Yunho’s illogical reason. Yunho’s snapping. “That was my reflex, Yunho!”

“Oh yes! Your body reflex!” Yunho laughed as he nodded. “And your body reflex told you to flinch because you hate me!”

“My God Yunho! I flinched because I love you darn it!” Jaejoong snapped. He wanted to punch Yunho’s soul out of his body for making him confess like that.

“What?”

“What ‘what’?!”

“You love me, that's why you flinched?”

“What?! You want me to spell it out for you?!”

Yunho walked towards Jaejoong, smiling as his tears fell. “That flinch was because you love me back?” Yunho hugged Jaejoong again.

Jaejoong flinched once more. He stepped back to get out of Yunho’s hug.

“That’s because of love isn’t it?” Yunho laughed.

“You’re crazy Yunho!” Jaejoong pushed Yunho and ran outside the balcony.

Then he heard a loud flesh dropping on the floor. Yunho just fell unconscious on the floor.

+++

Yunho opened his eyes with the sound of Jaejoong’s voice talking to their dongseangs, asking them to sleep. He found Jaejoong resting his head on his bed beside him, holding his hand.

“Jaejoong-ah…” He called.

Jaejoong immediately lifted his head. “Yunho-ah!”

Yunho chuckled. “Why are you sleeping like that? Go back to your room. You can’t sleep comfortably like that.”

“Are you ok?” Jaejoong asked, ignoring what Yunho just said.

Yunho sat up. Jaejoong sat beside him.

“Of course I am.” Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter