Goodbye and hello

25 autumns


 

10. "Goodbye" kiss





 

Goodbye and hello






 

Sunggyu dreamed almost every night about the same person. In certain dreams, they were warriors of rival troops, married men in the middle ages, or activists in a dictatorial government. The story always changed, except for one thing: the two were completely in love with each other.

 

Sunggyu used to feel frustrated when he woke up alone in his room, after sharing dreams and feelings with whom he didn't even know. It was common to try to go back to sleep, just to try to see that face one more time.

 

Rolling over the sheets, he waited for one more dream to come. He hadn't seen him for months and the longing bewildered him. He couldn't concentrate on work or his chores. Tragic memories seemed less painful than reality without him.

 

He felt his brown hair being caressed and slowly lifted his head, finding him smiling in his direction. Sunggyu's heart warmed and he took the opportunity to align himself more in his arms. The year they were in didn't make any difference.

 

“Hello, hyung,” he said, with the soft voice that had enchanted Sunggyu since the first time he heard him. “Were you having a bad dream?”

 

Sunggyu didn't answer, smelling the light scent of the perfume he wore. That perfume. Sunggyu started to position himself where he was. In a few days we're going to protest against the government. And I can't let them hurt him again...

 

“I want to stop here,” Sunggyu said in a tired voice. Woohyun didn't stop his hair. “We should run away to a place far away. I can't let you get hurt again.”

 

“No one will hurt me, hyung” Woohyun squeezed him tighter in his arms. “I'll be fine.”

 

“Yes, they will.” Sunggyu's eyes were slightly teary. “And I've tried every way to stop that from happening, but it's no use.”

 

Sunggyu felt his chin tugged lightly. When their eyes met, Woohyun gave a wide smile, the kind that made Sunggyu's heartbeat speed up even in his dreams.

 

“No need to try anymore,” Woohyun said, his face gently. They were lying face to face on the bed and it was amazing that even though it wasn't real, Sunggyu could feel his touch, his light breathing and even the cold of that room. “I'm not afraid of dying today or tomorrow. No matter how many lives I have, I will always love you in all of them.”

 

A tear fell from Sunggyu's eyes and he felt the weight of loneliness from all those years without them being together physically. He dreamed of countless different nights, but this was the first time Woohyun answered him as if he knew everything.

 

Sunggyu held his face and hesitated to bring their lips together. His kiss was gentle and made Sunggyu's chest tighten even more. For an instant, he wished he didn't have to wake up.

 

When they pulled away, Woohyun also had a sad look on his face. He caressed Sunggyu's face fondly and wiped away the tears that fell from his eyes.

 

“This won't be goodbye,” Woohyun stated. “Wait just a little longer.”

 

“Woohyun,” muttered Sunggyu, hugging him tightly. “I love you.”

 

He had noticed his smile growing even wider with his words. When Sunggyu opened his eyes, he was alone in his room again. He surveyed his surroundings without any surprise, feeling the void return with all his might.

 

He didn't know how he had the strength to get up, shower, and go to work. He did everything automatically, attending to each person as if he didn't really see them. That apathy accompanied him in every step and he didn't even notice the time pass.

 

Upon returning home, he was so distracted that they nearly ran him over. He heard the driver curse him without the slightest reaction. I know I'm not like that. What's happening to me?

 

Sunggyu tried to keep himself a little more awake, walking slowly again. He stopped for a moment when he realized that someone was following him and called him right away.

 

Hyung, wait.”

 

Sunggyu's heart raced. His body had frozen over and for a moment he doubted himself. Maybe I've lost my mind. It's the only explanation.

 

He turned around slowly, his eyes widening as he found the person he most wanted to see. Woohyun was actually ahead of him, with the brightest smile ever, holding a shopping bag.

 

In his imagination, their reunion could be as tragic as his dreams. In the end, it was an ordinary and random moment. A reunion on a random street corner, when the two seemed to be returning to their homes. Maybe that made it all the more special.

 

“Did I make you wait too long?” Woohyun asked, with a rather proud smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Notes: I know this was supposed to be a farewell, but I couldn't resist making a happy ending and still making a pun on annyeong :)

that's all for today!! I'll try not to take too long with the update, but the way I'm in a hurry this sure won't happen lol