잘자 오늘도

Teddy Bear

 

 

It was a very tiring day and Mark just wanted to go home and sleep but that wasn’t happening soon.

 

                  “Don’t wait up for me, love.”

 

Mark sends his message just in time as their boss was calling them, his two present employees, for a meeting.

 

It was already 9pm and his boss had not made any moves to send them home yet, he was still going on and on about that one small mistake Johnny made in selling 3 roses instead of 2.

 

Johnny sends Mark an apologetic look which he just shrugs with a smile, it was honestly a small, unnoticeable mistake but nothing escapes their boss, Huang Renjun. Although Mark was sure Johnny wasn’t being apologetic about the mistake anymore; sure he was apologetic about it earlier but it has been 3 hours and Renjun was still on it, telling them that they should always make sure they count the purchases carefully, Johnny was just now sorry about the fact that they’re being scolded for hours now.

 

And as if someone from the heavens was suddenly thinking of having mercy on them, the chimes on the door distracts Renjun as Ten, their noisy co-worker and Johnny’s boyfriend, (noisily) enters the flower shop.

 

“What is this?” Ten looks around and laughs at how annoyed Renjun looked, he was never afraid of their boss and annoyed as he is of Ten, Renjun favors Ten a lot because of how good he is with the sales and he’s the reason they have a lot of returning customers since the shop opened. “I passed by at almost 10pm and you’re all still here? Don’t we close at 5?”

 

Renjun sighs and flips a dismissive hand at his employees, rubbing his temples as he instructs them to close up as he leaves.

 

“Seriously though, what was that?” Ten asks as Renjun leaves and goes to cling onto his boyfriend.

 

“I made a mistake.” Johnny says, more tired than guilty.

 

Mark smiles at Ten as he grabs his bag, “It was really just something small. Renjun can take it off Johnny’s salary and he won’t notice it but you know how petty Renjun can be.”

 

Ten nods in understanding. They’ve been working for Renjun since the shop opened and they have been the only staff that was why they already know each other so much and have become close friends.

 

“Johnny hyung, is it okay if I go first?” Mark asks although he’s already slinging his backpack on his shoulder, the couple nodded.

 

“Sure, take care, okay?” Johnny says and places a kiss on Ten’s forehead, “Ten’s here, I’ll be fine.” he grins at Mark and Mark just nods at them and happily leaves the shop, eager to go home as he was tired and hungry.


 

The moment Mark arrives home, he immediately proceeds to shower and changes into his sleepwear before slipping under the blankets of his bed and wraps an arm around his boyfriend, burying his face on the other’s nape and inhales the familiar scent that never fails to calm his nerves. He was hungry but his exhaustion was taking over his body.

 

Donghyuck groans softly but places a hand on top of Mark’s on his tummy, smiling as he leans back.

 

“I’m sorry…” Mark mumbles, “Go back to sleep, love.”

 

Donghyuck shakes his head and moves to face Mark, smiling softly at him. “Have you eaten?” he asks and Mark shakes his head, “Renjun kept you late today, huh?”

 

Mark frowns and nods, pressing a soft kiss on Donghyuck’s forehead. Renjun was Donghyuck’s friend and he knows how Renjun can sometimes be a pain in the but he was Donghyuck’s bestfriend and he adores Renjun–much to Mark’s headache especially when they’re together.

 

“Over something petty, I bet.” Donghyuck laughs as Mark nods again.

 

“He told you, didn’t he?”

 

“Hm, no. We haven’t talked yet, but I’m sure it was something petty. He’s Huang Renjun, I’ve known him since I was 4.”

 

“Right, of course.” Mark just mumbles and moves to press his lips against Donghyuck’s, smiling as he kisses him back. The kiss was chaste and Mark likes moments like this with Donghyuck especially whenever he’s tired or stressed. Donghyuck was his comfort and safe space even though sometimes he’s also a source of stress for him because Donghyuck is loud and hyper and he doesn’t choose a time or place, but despite that, he was still Mark’s sun that shines through the rain.

 

“How was your day?” Mark suddenly asks when their lips part, foreheads just resting against each other.

 

“My day was alright.” Donghyuck begins, pressing his body closer to Mark’s, “We took the kids to the COEX Aquarium today, they had so much fun. Actually, we all did. It’s been a while since we last went to take the kids out of the classroom.” Donghyuck smiles, remembering the happy faces of his kindergarten students.

 

“Did you eat something yummy, too?” Mark asks, Donghyuck nodding happily.

 

“Of course we did! Can’t be a field trip without yummy food now, can it?”

 

Mark presses a quick kiss on Donghyuck’s lips, unable to stop himself and both of them giggle. He likes it when Donghyuck talks about the kids, he really likes children and is glad Donghyuck was able to get a job he enjoys.

 

“But hey, are you not hungry?” Donghyuck asks as Mark reaches up to brush Donghyuck’s hair from his eyes, smiling as he shakes his head. “I’ll just eat in the morning, I’m too tired. For some reason, we had a lot of customers today and it’s far from Valentine’s day!”

 

Donghyuck chuckles because Mark was always like this, he complains about his job but he actually likes working for the flower shop even if he denies it.

 

“Well, more sales is good, right?”

 

Mark nods, “More sales, happy Renjun, happier employees.” he grins because even though Renjun was a petty boss, he was never stingy when it comes to giving incentives and bonuses to his three employees.

 

Donghyuck suddenly yawns and Mark smiles, running his fingers through the other’s hair, “Sleep, love. I’m sorry I woke you up.”

 

He shakes his head, “I’d rather I’m awake when you come home.” he snuggles closer and slides a bit lower, hiding his face on Mark’s neck.

 

“Good night, love.” Mark says and Donghyuck replies with a groggy, “Good night.” as he drifts off to sleep. Mark places a soft kiss on top of Donghyuck’s hair and whispers “sweet dreams…” and falls asleep as well.