Missed a few heartbeats

Day Care teacher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun worked from home from Monday onwards as he has to look after Younha. His parents stayed overnight at their uncle's wake and would only be back on Wednesday after the funeral. Kyuhyun had drove over with Younha on Sunday morning to pay his respect, and drove back home on the same night.

It wasn't easy to work from home with Younha around as she would disturb him when she became bored, so Kyuhyun would put her on his lap and introduced her to his team members over video call, and everybody ended up laughing because she was so cute. She would tell Kyuhyun off if he scolded his team! 

Kyuhyun took one day's leave on Friday to bring Younha out to the zoo. He hated to go on weekends as it would be too crowded.

"Let's go for breakfast first, then we go to the zoo?" Kyuhyun asked his little girl.

Younha was jumping happily "Can we eat hamburger?" she asked with her cute round eyes.

Kyuhyun chuckled "That's not breakfast, Younha-ya..."

"Please....?" she asked with her cute round eyes again.

Kyuhyun relented "Okayyy, but I don't know if any cafe has hamburger at this time, but let's try" he raised his eyebrows and grinned at her. 

He googled for any cafe offering hamburger in the morning, and he found one near.... Miss Kim's apartment! It was 1km to be precise, but well, still, near to where she stayed.

Kyuhyun wondered "Would I be able to see her jogging past, or maybe eat breakfast at the same cafe?" Somehow he was hoping that they would bump into her.

"Okay Younha-ya, let's go!!" he said while helping her with her seat belt. He glanced behind at his back seat to make sure that his backpack was there. He had brought along Younha's water bottle, a pack of buns, a change of teeshirt in case her tees got dirty, face towel, wet ones, tissues, sketch book and her colour pencils.

At the café's carpark, Kyuhyun unconsciously glanced around in case there was a figure jogging along the side road, but there wasn't. He sighed and held Younha's hand and they walked into the cafe together. 

They got a seat, and they were looking through the menu, with Kyuhyun pointing to Younha a few hamburger sets, when Younha suddenly called out excitedly "Miss Kim!!" 

Kyuhyun looked up and turned to the direction where Younha was pointing excitedly. There, at the doorway, Miss Kim was standing there with a surprised expression, waving at Younha. 

Kyuhyun felt that his heart suddenly missed a few beats. Miss Kim looked so casual, yet very pretty, in jeans and a white top, and walking towards their table. 

Kyuhyun stood up and managed to say "Hello Miss Kim". 

"Why hello there Mr Cho!! Hi Younha!!" she held Younha's hands happily. "I never expect to see you two here!" she grinned happily at them. 

"Younha wants hamburger, so I googled and found this cafe! Ermmm... do you want to join us?" Kyuhyun braved himself to ask and gestured her to seat. 

Ryeowook was undecided for a moment as she didn't want to disturb them, but seeing Younha's hopeful look, she smile and nodded "Yes, sure". 

Kyuhyun felt his heart had some fireworks somewhere and he passed a menu to her "Are you a regular here?" he asked. 

"Yes I am! I came her three times, so far" she giggled. "I love the hamburger here. It's tender, juicy and freshly grilled!" she told him happily. 

"Ahhhh wow, that's great! What would you recommend us to order?" Kyuhyun smilingly asked her. 

Ryeowook told him which set she normally ordered, and showed the picture in the menu to Younha too, and the cute girl nodded excitedly.

After placing their orders at the counter, which Kyuhyun insisted to pay, their food were ready within 10 minutes! 

Kyuhyun wiped Younha's hands, and helped her to open half of the hamburger's wrapper so that she could hold it. 

Ryeowook was amazed at how attentive Kyuhyun was and they really looked like father and daughter!

"Miss Kim, I don't want pickles..." Younha said, pointing to her  hamburger. 

"Give it to me then, I love pickles!" Ryeowook leaned her body closer, with the intention to remove it from Younha's hamburger. 

But the little girl took one of the pickles herself, and turned to Ryeowook. "Ahhhh..." asking her to open . 

Ryeowook opened and Younha fed her with the pickle! And when Younha was about to pull her finger back, Ryeow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter