chapter 1

A bittersweet feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Seul!" 

 

Seulgi stopped walking and turned to the voice. She saw her friend Moonbyul running towards her with a ball in her hand. 

 

"Do you want to play basketball? No one's using the court right now" Moonbyul said while throwing the ball to Seulgi.

 

Seulgi caught the ball easily. She then checked the time on her watch and sighed. "I'm sorry. I can't. I have history class in ten minutes" 

 

Byul snorted. "Since when did you even care about your classes? You always ditch them when it's boring right? Especially your history class"

 

"Well ever since I've met that pretty transfer student from my history class. I'm always wanting to attend classes now" Seulgi said while grinning.

 

"Wait, who are you talking about?" Byul frowned.

 

"You're really forgetful." Seulgi sighed. "It's Jisoo. Kim Jisoo. The one that I've told you last week. The one who transferred here from another city. Remember?"

 

Byul snapped her fingers together when she finally remembered. "Ah! That pretty girl with a long black hair right?"

 

Seulgi nodded.

 

"But wait. Don't tell me that you haven't scored a date with her yet? That's why you're trying hard for her to notice you now?" Byul laughed. She moved closer to Seulgi and placed her forearm on Seulgi's shoulder. "It seems like you, my friend, have already lost your charm, huh?" 

 

Seulgi frowned and pushed Moonbyul away from her. "Yah! It's not that I've lost my charm! I just haven't had the time to ask her out yet because I was... I was busy! Yeah!" She nodded to herself. "Plus that Ruby Jane was always around her. Guarding her like a dog. That's also why I couldn't make a move on her" She clicked her tongue in annoyance.

 

Byul laughed harder. "Your ex is guarding your potential date from you, huh? Who would have thought?" 

 

Seulgi groaned and threw the ball back to her friend. "Whatever. I'm going now." She turned around and began walking away. Leaving her laughing friend alone.

 

Instead of going to her history class like she had planned. Seulgi decided to just go to the rooftop to get some fresh air instead. 

 

After the talk she had with Moonbyul, Seulgi realized that she was acting strange after all. 

 

The normal her would have already made a move on the girl she finds attractive and ask her out on a date.

 

She wouldn't care at all, even if that girl already had a boyfriend or girlfriend. That's why she always gets in trouble.

 

"Oh gosh! I'm so sorry!" 

 

Seulgi's brain haven't registered what had happened yet.

 

That's why she was so confused when she saw a brown haired girl bowing her head down, her head almost touching her own knees with how low she was bowing, while also extending her hand out towards her.

 

"I'm really sorry. Are you alright?" The girl asked apologetically while still bowing her head low.

 

Seulgi blinked and then looked around. She realized that she was now sitting down on the floor with a lot of papers scattered around her.

 

The two of them must have bumped into each other earlier while she was in deep thought.

 

"Yeah, I'm fine" Seulgi said while standing up on her own.

 

She looked at the girl who was still in the same position and scratched her head. "Um... you should stand up straight now or your back will hurt."

 

The girl stiffened before slowly standing up straight, while still keeping her head down and avoiding eye contact.

 

"I'm really sorry. I was so focused on reading my notes that I failed to see you" The girl said apologetically.

 

Seulgi raised her brows when she noticed that the girl wouldn't show her face. But decided to shrug it off.

 

"No. It's alright. I should be the one apologizing. I was spacing out while walking, that's why I bumped into you"

 

"It's okay" The girl answered timidly. "I'll go now" she said before walking away in a hurry.

 

Seulgi pursed her lips and then looked at the papers on the floor. She grabbed a few and called the girl before she could go far away.

 

"Wait. Are these your papers?" 

 

The girl gasp and quickly turned back around. "Oh no! I almost forgot them." She kneeled down and began collecting the papers in a hurry. 

 

Seulgi decided to silently help the girl. 

 

Once all the papers were collected, Seulgi turned to the girl and handed her the papers.

 

"Here's you-" Seulgi paused when she finally saw the girl's face clearly. "So beautiful" She whispered to herself.

 

The girl must have heard her because she saw her frowned and quickly grabbed the papers from her hands.

 

"Thank you for helping me. I'm really sorry for bumping into you. I have to go now. Bye" The girl said hurriedly before standing up and then running away.

 

"Wait! What's your..." Seulgi slowly stood up and sighed as the girl turned a corner and disappeared. "...name"

 

She blinked a few times and then slapped her cheek softly. "I wasn't dreaming. I really met a goddess huh?"

 

She stood there, silently looking at the direction where the girl had disappeared into before smirking.

 

"I guess I have a new game to play now"

 

----------------------

 

 

"Hey Byul. Do we have a new beautiful student studying here in the university?" Seulgi asked as she began tracing the clouds with her finger. 

 

They were now lying on the grass, underneath the tree at the garden located near the basketball court.

 

They d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter