. Discharged

I Will Always Choose You

Since the accident, Yujin had to stay in the hospital for a few days. Today would be the day she finally gets to leave the hospital. She was getting really tired of eating hospital food. It was just too bland for her tastes.  Her vision has been getting better by the day, it’s not that she had perfect eyesight anyway. She always wear contacts when going on. Today she opted to wear her glasses instead. She had missed seeing her girlfriend’s beauty. Yujin was sitting on her hospital bed, waiting patiently, all packed up and ready to leave. She just waiting for Xiaoting to finish the discharge papers. During her stay in the hospital, Xiaoting made sure to visit her every single day after work and spend the night at the hospital. Yujin kept telling her to go home and sleep on an actual bed instead of the hospital couch. But her girlfriend was as stubborn as ever. They ended up sharing Yujin’s hospital bed. It was smaller compared to the bed Yujin has in her apartment but she didn’t mind snuggling closer with the woman she loved. The hospital room door swung open, revealing her favourite redhead.

“Hey, you ready to go?”. Xiaoting walked up to Yujin and gave her a quick peck on the lips. 

Yujin gave her a quick affirmation and went to grab her overstay bag but Xiaoting was quicker and snatched it away before she could.

“Nope! I’m carrying this”

“I’m fine, Ting. I can manage. I still have my other arm you know”. Yujin pouted. 

“I know, love. But let me carry this. You can hold this instead.” Xiaoting had her arm out in front of her with her fists closed. Yujin held out her hand to hold whatever was in Xiaoting’s hand. The red head opened her fist and deposited her palm onto Yujin’s, taking her lover’s hand into hers. Yujin chuckled at her girlfriend’s antics. She had to admit that was pretty smooth. They walked out of the room hand-in-hand on their way to the parking lot where Xiaoting has her car parked.

“You know, you could’ve just told me you wanted to hold hands, Ms. Shen”

Xiaoting smiled and turned to her girlfriend. “Where is the fun in that? Besides, what you’re holding is much more heavier than this bag”

“Ah yes, carrying the hand of the most sought model in South Korea is really heavy. People would pay good money for this chance.”

“You would let them?”

“Never! Your hands are only for me, Choi Yujin, to hold”. Yujin gave their interlocked hands a light squeeze and flashed Xiaoting a cheeky smile.

 

The pair finally arrived at the parking lot. Xiaoting opened the passenger seat for Yujin, letting the older in first before circling around to the driver side. She tossed the overnight bag into the backseat and started the engine. 

“Back to your apartment or mine?” Xiaoting asked while backing up the car out of its parking space.

“Yours”. Yujin reached for the car’s sound system and connected her phone. She started picking songs to accompany their trip home.

Xiaoting nodded and turned her attention to the road. It didn’t really matter where they were headed. Sometimes Xiaoting stays at Yujin’s and sometimes Yujin at Xiaoting’s. They had similar sizes and would wear each other’s clothes sometimes. The couple could practically make a separate wardrobe for each other’s clothes in their apartments by now. In Yujin’s case, she tended to steal Xiaoting’s sweaters. Xiaoting was pretty sure her girlfriend possessed half of her sweaters already. Not that she was complaining, she could always buy more. Plus, the way Yujin looked so tiny and cute in Xiaoting’s clothes does wonder to her heart. Xiaoting wasn’t innocent either. She had her own collection of Yujin’s items. They would attend parties hosted by their mutual friends from time to time. Each time the pair would leave the venue together, Yujin would have her suit jacket draped over Xiaoting’s shoulders, keeping her warm from the night chill. This was a habit the couple had ever since they started dating. Yujin always dropped Xiaoting off first and Xiaoting would part her lover with a kiss. Never once had Yujin asked for her suit jacket back. If Xiaoting tried to return it, Yujin would always say to keep it as it suited her more. 

 

The couple arrived at Xiaoting’s apartment half an hour later. Xiaoting parked the car and went to grab the overnight bag in the backseat. They walked their way to the elevator hand in hand, playfully nudging each other all the way up. Yujin punched in Xiaoting‘s house code and let Xiaoting enter first. 

“After you my love”. Yujin bowed.

“Why are you letting me into my own apartment?”. Xiaoting shaked her head at her girlfriend’s antics. She put down her bag and went to the laundry room. She put away the clothes from their stay in the hospital. Once she was finished, Xiaoting turned around and found Yujin leaning onto the doorway staring at her. 

“What’s wrong, did you need something?”. Xiaoting got up and closed the distance.

Yujin nodded with a little pout. “My battery is low”

“Oh, you can use my charger in the bedroom”

Yujin shook her head. “My Xiaoting battery is low!”. She threw herself onto Xiaoting and hugged her like a sloth to a tree all while giggling. 

“Hey, be careful! You’ll hurt your arm”. Xiaoting laughed softly. “Come on, let’s change into something more comfortable”. 

Xiaoting changed into a hoodie and sweatpants and Yujin changed into a sweater and shorts. It seemed like another sweater would be missing from her wardrobe again. They made their way back to the living room and settled on the couch. Xiaoting layed down on the couch with her head on the arm rest. Yujin plopped on top of her, laying herself onto Xiaoting. Her girlfriend was definitely in a clingy mood today. Xiaoting didn’t mind one bit. 

Despite how serious she was with work, Yujin was the type to show a lot of affection towards people she cares about. One of her love languages is physical touch and the subject of her affections was more often than not Xiaoting. She knows not everyone enjoys having their personal space invaded, friend or not. But Xiaoting was different, she never shied away from Yujin’s touches, even when they were trying to keep their relationship a secret from the public. Behind closed doors, a touch on the arm, head resting on her shoulders, nose rubbing on the side of her head, head pats and hugs, her lover would always indulge her. Maybe it’s because Xiaoting had spoiled her too much. Now, Yujin always finds herself gravitating towards Xiaoting. She tended to reach Xiaoting’s hands whenever the opportunity presented itself. Xiaoting was like a drug to her. A very sweet drug.

The pair decided to spend the afternoon cuddling on the couch. They put on a random movie and just enjoyed each other's presence. At some point, Yujin fell asleep still on top of Xiaoting,with her head on her lover’s chest . How could she not when her girlfriend kept running her fingers through her hair and lightly massaging her scalp. When she opened her eyes again, the setting sun was shining through the window. She looked up and found her girlfriend also fell asleep. She took her time to admire Xiaoting’s side profile. It isn’t fair really, how could someone be so beautiful. Yujin wouldn’t be surprised if the redhead was a descendant of a goddess. 

“Ting~ Wake up, darling”. Yujin called softly and tucked her girlfriend’s hair behind her ear. A groan and a yawn was the response she got. Xiaoting’s eyes fluttered open. Judging from how Xiaoting was struggling to keep her eyes open, it seemed that she wasn’t fully awake yet. Yujin smiled at the cuteness and started rubbing Xiaoting’s cheeks. Xiaoting closed her eyes and leaned into the contact.

“My cute sleepy baby”. Yujin teased. That earned a whine from the redhead. 

“Had a nice nap?”. A nod. 

“You like taking naps?”. A nod. 

“Like sleeping with me?”. A nod. 

“Was I heavy?”. A nod. Wow. The audacity. 

Yujin was about to get off but Xiaoting shook her and wrapped her hands around Yujin’s waist. The redhead gently pulled her lover back down. 

“I like feeling your weight on me. It’s comforting. It lets me know you’re there even if I can’t see you.” Xiaoting still had her eyes closed. She started nuzzling Yujin’s head with her cheeks. 

“Hey! That tickles!” Yuji giggled. “Come on, get up. We need to start dinner”. Yujin got off her girlfriend and all but dragged Xiaoting to the kitchen. They weren’t the greatest cooks but not helpless either, at least Yujin wasn’t. Considering how dangerous a just-woken-up Xiaoting with a knife would be, it was probably best if Yujin made dinner alone. She let Xiaoting hang around the kitchen counter and just watch. Tonight's dinner would be a simple kimchi fried rice with egg. She could still manage it with one good arm. 

 

WIth the dish finished, it was time to plate. This is the tricky part. Suddenly, a pair of arms sneaked itself around her waist. Yujin leaned back into the embrace.

“Sorry for making you cook tonight. You okay?”. Xiaoting called out behind her and gave her a peck on the cheek.

“I'm fine. I can still manage”. Yujin killed the heat and set the pan aside. She turned around and wrapped her hand on Xiaoting’s neck. 

"Thanks for cooking dinner". Xiaoting kissed her lover's forehead.

Yujin cupped Xiaoting's cheek with her good arm. "Are you finally awake now?"

“Woke up to the delicious smell of your cooking”

“Always the flatterer”

“Always denying my compliments”

“Stubborn”

“Stubborn-ner”

“That’s not a word”

“See! Proves my point!”

The pair ended their banter in a fit of giggles. It’s always easy to talk and tease one another.

“Let’s eat before the food gets cold.” Yujin leaned up and kissed her lover.

“Hmm, I can’t tell which one is dinner now. Both look appetising”. Xiaoting teased, wiggled her eyebrows.

Yujin flushed at the suggestion and slapped her girlfriend’s shoulder. “Yah! you naughty little”

Xiaoting laughed at the reaction. Her girlfriend is always so fun to tease. "Let me do it. I already let you cook with one hand."

Yujin nodded and let Xiaoting plate their dinner. They had a ‘peaceful’ dinner filled with playful banter.