Used to being lonely

My Secret Santa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 5

 

{A few pinches and slaps make Baekhyun a ladies man.}

 

_________________

 

Everything went according to the plan. Baekhyun didn't mess up. Though he didn't get to meet all of the employees but today's meeting with the department heads was a success. 

 

The young boss was proud of himself so he decided to treat himself with some sweets. 

 

He left the company building and instead of going to his other luxurious apartment, he drove to his much smaller apartment which wasn't luxurious at all. If you are wondering about the car he owns, it's just a simple model of Hyundai that he probably doesn't even remembers the name of, so he named her 'Lucy'. He just cares about having a mode of transportation. 

 

Yes, he has a few, no, lots and lots of luxury cars (also whose name he probably doesn't know or can't pronounce) but those are for public meetings and stuff like that where he needs to maintain his image of a CEO. 

 

His Director and Vice-president are the ones who forced him to buy them, otherwise he would have used his lovely Hyundai to go to those business meetings too. His luxurious clothes and accessories like watches and all that stuff doesn't appeal to him.

 

If he wanted he could just ditch every formality and go to a meeting in his pajamas and bed hair. 

 

Baekhyun is a simple man.

 

He quickly parked Lucy, wished Mrs. Kim a good afternoon, petted his neighbour's dog and picked up his mails before entering into his apartment. It was small with a sitting area, two bedrooms, a kitchen and a bathroom. Just enough for a person to live in alone. 

 

He threw his shoes aside while messing up his hair and scurried off to his bedroom to change his clothes. Throwing on a loose long sleeve shirt and shorts, he turned towards the door after grabbing his wallet and sliding on his shoes and mask. He wasn't all buff and meaty but his body was well built with abs all thanks to his fitness freak friend who made him break up with pizza and Nutella for several months and became his personal gym instructor. 

 

He was used to the feeling of living on his own. Having just a handful of friends was enough for him like the pastry shop's noona, his director and vice-president, his gym buddy, two of his chinese friends and that's it. Though he had many acquaintances like Mrs. Kim the land lady, his neighbour's dog and his company employees. 

 

The relationship with his employees was strictly business. Living away from his parents was already too much of a hassle. So he didn't think much about it. Being a Lone Ranger was okay for him.

 

He walked for about one and a half block and reached his favourite pastry shop near the public park. He quickly got in and went towards the serving window while removing his mask. The pastry shop was actually a 'book cafe' known as Book Warm. Creative isn't it.

 

Anyways, the cafe was filled with the usual customers. A few old grandpa's discussing political issues written on the news paper while sipping their coffees. A group of students probably studying for a project. And a bunch of gossiping girls who just come here to look at Baekhyun. 

 

How does he know about that? Well for starters, they all squeal when he passes by their table. One day, he saw them sneaking peaks at him so, he decided to smile and wave at them which caused them to squeal and shout and one of them almost fainted. And just to prove this point right, his cafe noona who is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter