One Last Hurrah Before It's All Over

One Last Hurrah Before It's All Over

September is just around the corner. Which means summer is about to come to an end soon for the year. Even the air was becoming a bit cooler. And wanting to enjoy their last days of summer, Minseok and Lucy spend their evening outdoors in the backyard together. Since it was cool and sunny outside, they decided to take advantage of it. They even had tonight’s dinner outside on the patio, too. Even with having neighbors next door to them on both sides, it seems that they were not bothered by what they have been doing. 

 

At the moment, the couple were laying on a giant blanket in the grass while laying on their back next to each other. The sun had also just set and the stars were scattered all throughout the starry sky. Minseok and Lucy had smiles on their faces as they looked at the sky. The two of them also were having a couple of beers tonight as well. It was a calm and relaxing night.

 

“It is such a beautiful night out tonight.” Lucy piped up. Minseok nodded in agreement.

 

“Yes, it is.” Minseok responded then turned his head to look at his wife. No matter how many times he sees her, Minseok will never get tired of Lucy. Even in the moonlight, Lucy was like a goddess in his eyes.

 

Even in the moonlight, she is so gorgeous. I never nor do not want anyone else but her.” Minseok thought to himself. Suddenly feeling an urge, Minseok turned to his side then carefully moved closer to her and wrapped one of his arms around her while snuggling up against the side of her body. Lucy noticed and was the one to turn her head to look at her husband. She gave him a smile again.

 

“Feeling comfy there?” Lucy asked him. Minseok gave her a nod.

 

“Very much I am.” Minseok answered. Lucy also her side as well to face her husband.

 

“I am glad.” She softly spoke to him then moved close to his forehead and gave it a kiss. When Lucy pulled away a few seconds after, Minseok caught her lips with his. Both of their hearts were beating a bit fast inside of their chests as they continued with the kiss for several seconds before pulling apart to look at one another again, still smiling.

 

Lucy and Minseok snuggled up against each others’ bodies with Lucy having her head laying on top of and on Minseok’s chest. Still, Lucy felt a little sadness today.

 

“I wish the fireflies were still around.” Lucy suddenly spoke. Minseok looked down at her.

 

“Well, we can pretend that they are still out.” Minseok suggested. Bringing up fireflies has Minseok and Lucy thinking about the things that have happened over the summer. Whether it was with friends, family or just between the two of them. It put another smile on both of their faces. Lucy let out a small chuckle before she spoke.

“Remember when Seungkwan tried to eat a firefly out of Kazuki’s hand when Kazuki was trying to show it to him?” Lucy asked. Minseok let out a chuckle, too.

 

“He is such an adorable, little boy. Very curious as well. The panic that Jimin and Kazuki endured because of that.” Minseok responded.

 

“But Seungkwan was also all smiles, too. I think he is also just a very happy one, too. I do not think he is torturing them in any way but more of just seeing how they will react because of curiosity.” Lucy added. 

 

“I feel that way, too. Do you think that he will grow out of it?” Minseok said and asked.

 

“It may take a lot of time but I think he will as he gets older. Not sure the exact age that will happen but nonetheless, Seungkwan is still a good kid.” Lucy replied. 

 

“I agree. I remember when my little sister was his age. I think in the end, she got more awful towards me as she grew up and took after my stepmother.” Minseok then started to feel sad as he now had his sister and stepmother on his mind all of a sudden. Lucy felt so bad for him but yet, she understood what it was like to have a sibling treat one of their other siblings like trash.

 

Also..now having Minseok’s father not only seeing how his stepmother treats Lucy but also finding out that his stepmother treated her stepson badly when he was not around, it caused Minseok’s father to file for a divorce and move to America to be closer to his only son and his daughter in law. Even if it was because it had to do with Minseok and Lucy, it was not their fault one bit. 

 

And it was also the first summer in many years that Minseok was able to see/spend quite a bit of time with his father. More than he has after he moved to America for his college years. It was wonderful. For both Minseok and Lucy. Even with the way his childhood was, Minseok would not change his life in any way. Especially because there would be a chance that if that ever happened, he may not have been able to meet the love of his life or be able to meet his half-brother and his husband. 

 

Nor have his amazing nephews, Seungkwan and Haru in his life, too. This is also the first summer that the couple have spent the summer together as husband and wife. Neither of them want this summer to end but they know that it eventually has to. Sooner or later. Though, they enjoy all the seasons that they have spent with one another so far.

 

“I hope we can have many more summers like this.” Lucy piped up. Minseok didn't even waste time to give a response to that.

 

“We sure can! In fact, next year..let’s have a party of some kind at our house that our friends and family can attend. We should also get a pool, too! What do you think about that? It does not have to be houge but large enough to comfortably fit a lot of people in it to swim and have fun. I also think we should get a huge barbeque grill as well. And we do not have to just use those for parties! It can be just for the two of us, too.” Minseok told her and suggested. Lucy loved the sound of that.

 

“That would be awesome! For the barbeque grill and swimming pool.” Lucy responded to her husband’s suggestion.

 

“I still love that sunhat that Kazuki and Jimin had for Seungkwan as well.” Lucy said.

 

“The white one with the sunflowers all over it?” Minseok asked.

 

“Yes! That one. I am still not over it. Or seeing him having so much in a pool for the first time. Also, Haru had a lot of fun this summer, too. I love my nephews so much.” Lucy answered. Minseok nuzzled the top of Lucy’s head a couple of times before stopping at looking at her again.

 

“I love their aunt very much.” Minseok said to her with a smile on his face. He does love his nephews, too. Lucy looked up at him with a smile on her face as well.

 

“And I love their uncle very much, too.” Lucy said back to him. Minseok could not hold it back anymore. He placed his lips against Lucy’s once again but this time, giving her a more passionate kiss. Lucy accepted his kiss. The two of them made out on the blanket underneath the clear, starry sky.

 

I wished that this summer night did not have to end soon. I am having such an amazing time. ..And I may be slightly drunk but I am quite happy and having fun with her.” Minseok thought as they kept kissing. The kiss lasted a couple of minutes before one of them pulled away and the two of them snuggled up again, looking at the sky.

 

I hope we can do this one more time before summer officially ends.” Minseok and Lucy thought to themselves. And before they knew it, it was about 10:30 before the couple called it a night and packed everything up before heading back into the house for the rest of the night.


 

The End