Chapter 6

The Journey of Letting Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dr. Kim Bona come back to the hospital at midnight for her night shift. She purposely put Seola in her last round, so she could stay longer there. Thats sound unethical but anyway her mind couldn’t go from this one person.

 

When she slide the door silently, she almost scream while her heart drop to the floor thinking she just saw a ghost. Seola was standing in front of the window with the moonlight shine down to her. It’s dark, she could only saw her back.

 

"Seola-ssi?", Bona called her 

 

"..."

 

"Seola-ssi?", Bona slowly move her feet to Seola's side and take a peek at the person face, "Seola?"

 

Seola's eyes were half open, no it was fully closed. Her skin was milky white closely to pale with her lips were deliciously red. What a beautiful face, thought Bona

 

Her thought was cut off when Seola muttered a small sound in the most painful way, "Sorry.. Soobin.."

 

The sight kills Bona. Seola is having a sleep walking, her psychology must have gotten hit hard. How could someone so beautiful be this miserable. How could someone hurt this human being. 

 

Bona stood in front of Seola, she had to slightly tilt her head upward to see the latter face. Slowly reaching her right hand to touch the person cheek and a cold feeling came to her palm. Seola must have been standing here for a long time.

 

Seola unconsciously let out a tear and whimper. The sound made Bona's eyes teary.

 

"Seola, its fine now", whisper Bona softly. She didn’t understand why her heart was telling her to get close to this person. 

 

From the first time she saw Seola, her heart tugged wanting to know her more. Simphatize with her more. She shouldn’t be this close to her patient, but maybe it’s because her life was lonely too she is craving for affection. 

 

Seola surprisingly open her eyes slightly, but her eyes still unfocused, "Bo.. na?"

 

Bona knew Seola still half sleeping so she tried to softly push Seola to her bed made her sit. She stand between Seola's leg and hug her while gently rub her back. Seola is taller, but how could her body felt so bony and her shoulder felt small in Bona's embrace. 

 

"It's okay.. It's okay now", Bona chanting repeatedly.

 

After a while, Seola went limp in her embrace as if she surrendered to Bona. She caress Seola's hair and humming in Dayoung's lullaby.

 

"I wish you forget everything that hurts you", Bona whispered her prayer

 

>>>>

 

Another day go with Sojung and Seola was having a heated battle about the proposal Sojung bought from the company. She wanna asked Seola for some advice but didn’t understand how the discussion turn into a stupid war

 

"It's a basic things, you should have checked the stakeholder first!", Seola slam at the proposal drop at her table

 

"Yes i've checked it!"

 

"But why am i seeing things i didn’t want to see here?!”, Seola pointed at a paragraph, "Sojung you know i really hate this awful  proposal?"

 

"You evil! How could you call this awful? I spent a week making this!"

 

"If you spent a week making this thing, you should spent another months!", Seola shake her head felt disappointed, "Now wheres my bread?! You promised if i checked this you'll bring me bread!"

 

"What?! We are not done yet!"

 

“I can’t, my eyes hurt reading this”, Seola rub her eyes, “I told you this is terrible"

 

"You've only throw me malicious word! What do you mean we are done?!", Sojung throw her hand to the air

 

"No!", Seola pouted as she cross her hand and closed her eyes, "Until i smell the delicious bread in my nose, i will not open my eyes"

 

"Oh come on..", Sojung exhale at the childish Seola. 

 

They were both friend for a long time. Seola in Sojung's dictionary is a child in a grown up body, a cat lover, perfectionist in work but stupid in reality. Seola is smart in business and Sojung admit it, but it took them a long time to get into agreement. Sometimes it was tiring, but they know they are a good partner.

 

The air was suddenly fill with a delicious smell, Seola immediately open h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter