Chapter 5

The Journey of Letting Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you..?", Seola look back and forth between Bona and Dayoung. Similiar eyes, hair, even similiar mischievious behaviour.. Of course, genetics..

 

"Right, i'm Dayoung's mom", Bona gave her apologetic smile, "Did Dayoung disturb you? She could be a little mischief but she is a good girl"

 

"Disturb me?", Seola saw how Dayoung shake her head and bulge her eyes towards her. Ah she must be scared if Seola tell that she is being naughty, "No. But i must say she is a unique child.." 

 

"Mom!", Dayoung tried to take the attention, "I'm good! Seola unnie is nice, she play with me!"

 

"Seola unnie ha?", Bona wriggle her eyebrow to Seola and Seola get a little shy, "Becoming bestfriend with my daughter already?"

 

"I just acompanying her a bit. How could i leave a kid without their parent supervising? What if someone abducted her because their neglect parent", Seola make a joke but somehow Bona looked sad when she heard how irresponsible she is and thats scared Seola.

 

"No!", Seola panicked, "I mean she is a nice kid, she came to acompany me. Arent you Dayoung?"

 

"Yes mom! I'm okay. Seola unnie bought me ola!", Dayoung said energetically

 

"Cola", Seola corrected her

 

"That's what i say", Dayoung replied

 

"I'm sorry..", Bona smile but looked sad as she Dayoung's hair. Too bad, Bona know exactly how she sometimes leave Dayoung alone because of her demanding job and as a single parent it wasnt easy, "Thank you for acompanying her Seola-ssi"

 

"No, its okay. I enjoyed playing with her and just Seola is fine"

 

"Seola then..", Bona with her reddened cheeks. They somehow fell into an awkward silence, before realizing its getting dark, "Dayoung-ah say goodbye to Seola unnie. We are going home"

 

"Yeay home!", Dayoung said happily and she looked at Seola, "Seola unnie not going home?" 

 

Hearing the word home, get her freeze in the spot. Home.. Home is where Soobin at but she already left. Her house isnt a home anymore, its just an empty house. Her heart squeezed uncomfortably, its like pouring salts into her wounded scar. How nice to have a home.. Somewhere to go back..

 

A second later Seola gave her a smile, "Hmm i dont have home anymore.."

 

"You dont?", Dayoung shocked

 

"Yes. I used to have, but not anymore.."

 

"How can that happen?"

 

"Dayoung-ah", Bona tried to intercept but Seola is faster

 

"It just happen like that. A kid like you shouldnt be worried about it. Lucky you having a home, dont take it for granted okay?"

 

Dayoung touch her chin, gesture of thinking, "Then come with us! To my home!"

 

At that moment, the beautiful orange sunset lighten Dayoung's happy face, how innocent a child is. The wind gently sweep them and how cute Dayoung when she tells her the idea and thats warmed Seola's lonely heart. 

She tried to maintain her eyes on Dayoung. She didnt want to see Bona's reaction, somehow she got scared, "No.. I'm fine, i live here now. Come find me if you want to play again. My room at 2502"

 

"Okay! I'll come by a lot then bye Seola unnie!", Dayoung waved her hand and grab Bona's hand.

 

Seola finally meet Bona's gaze. And she regret it, cause Bona looked at her with pity. Bona was gonna say something but Seola interupt her

 

"I'm fine doctor, dont worry"

 

Bona didnt meant to gave her that look. She didnt want Seola to feel sad, becau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter