Chapter 4

The Journey of Letting Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seola!

 

Seola jerk as she open her eyes. Her breath become erating and the beeping sound caught her ears. Pain suddenly came to her head and her left hand.

 

What just happen?

 

She tried to control her breath but the memory flowing in. How she tried to end her life, how Sojung was screaming. Her heart beat drum inside, as if she had a heart attack. She tried clutch her hand to reduce the pain. 

 

“Easy there”

 

A cold hand came to her forehead and shutting her eyes down, “Calm down. Inhale.. Exhale”, Seola tried to take her rythm back but her head and the pain still feels like hell. 

 

“It’s fine. Everything’s fine now”, an angelic voice soothing her. The person lift her hand from her eyes, for a second Seola adjusted her sight. She was greeted with a gentle smile, it looks like she is an angel? which looks quite young as well and beautiful note that. 

 

“Are you okay now?”, the angel asked her with smile not leaving her face

 

Seola take picture of her surrounding, white ceiling, beeping sound, an angel. Obviously heaven didn’t look like this.. Or is it..?

 

“Ange-“

 

Suddenly theres a loud sound slamming door, if she had the strength in her body Seola would throw a fist at the culprit. The culprit none other than Chu Sojung. 

 

“Seola!”, Sojung scream with tears running down her face and throw herself to Seola, “You crazy! Don’t do that again! Please don’t..”

 

Honestly Sojung looked funny right now. Her tears and snot dirtying Seola’s shirt, Seola looked at the angel with uncomfortable eyes asking for help. The angel giggle a little bit

 

“Ehem.. Sojung-ssi, i need to do a little examine to Seola-ssi”, Sojung lifted her wet face and a sorry look, “I’m so sorry, but can you please wait outside. It will only take a moment”, the angel continue

 

“Yes.. Thank you doctor, please take a good care of her”, Sojung bow down deeply as she exit the room, and not leaving her sight from Seola

 

“You have a good friend there”, the doctor said, “It’s good you are okay now, but we will monitor you for the time being. You’ll be feeling dizzy for a bit but rest assured you just need to take a nice rest okay”

 

For now Seola realize where she is. The memory slowly coming back,

“... I will not thanking you for saving me", Seola take a peek at the doctor name "dr. Kim Bona"

 

"Cheeky one aren’t you", both of them were in staring battle, "Until there's no one wishing to meet you again, i'll keep you alive"

 

Seola didn’t like this confident doctor she had, she rarely has someone brave enough to argue with her, ".. are you my doctor?"

 

“Why? You don’t like me?”

 

“.. I'm stuck with you aren’t i?”

 

“Well of course you can request another doctor”, Bona look at Seola’s light up eyes, “But they won't be as beautiful, nice and young as i am”, Bona raise her chin

 

“Perhaps you are thinking too high of yourself..”, murmur Seola

 

“Then why are you calling me angel earlier?”, it might be just a murmur but Bona heard it, she showed her grin and raised her left eyebrow

 

Seola’s ears turn immediately red, “What? When? Who says that? Me?”, rambles Seola when she gets shy, “Go get your ears checked”

 

Bona give her a loud laugh and that somehow warmed Seola’s heart. Oh if she could hear her wife and now soon to be ex-wife laugh like that.. And when she remember about Soobin again, her face became grim. She tried to pull herself up and pain came from her left wrist. 

 

“Argh” 

 

“Don’t!”

 

Too late, her wrist bleed again. Bona immediately came to hold her wrist and help her sit, “Please don’t ruin my hardwork”

 

“…”, Seola take a deep breath and massage her temple, “I’m fine now doctor, can you please leave me alone now?”

 

Seola’s switch off mood didnt surprise Bona, “I will leave you alone for now, but you’ll be seeing me a lot from now on"

 

"It cant be help, isnt it?", Seola answered with no strength

 

Honestly, Bona already experience a lot of patient who was given up on life. Seola might be injured in her hand, but also in her heart. The cure for the heart should be cure with the medicine for the heart. 

 

Bona tap slightly on Seola's forehead to gain her attention, "As long as you are here, take a long rest and you just need to listen me well"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter