Meetings

Who I Am - Part I

Ahyoung put inside her room the last box with her belongings and cleaned a drop of sweat from her forehead. She then looked around with more detail, she still couldn’t get used to how big her new house was, it was almost like a manor, just her bedroom was the same size of the living room from her previous house.

Guess this actually fits more with the fact that they’re the leaders. Ahyoung thought still looking around randomly.

“Have you brought all your things here?”

Leeteuk suddenly came inside and Ahyoung smiled at him before nodding, Leeteuk nodded back and spoke again.

“Ahyoung, be honest with me. Are you alright with all of this?”

Ahyoung sighed heavily and smiled at her father once again.

“I won’t say that I’m completely fine, but denying the truth would be pointless. So I’m trying to just accept whatever is coming and adapt to it.”

Leeteuk smiled fondly to her and then approached to hug her.

“That’s my girl.” Leeteuk then let her go. “I’ll go with your mother to finish putting everything together in here, do you want me to send someone to help you?”

Ahyoung tilted her head in confusion, Leeteuk chuckled at her expression and then explained himself.

“Remember we’re the leaders, it has some advantages.”

“I’m alright, don’t worry.” Ahyoung answered after chuckling.

Leeteuk then left the room. Ahyoung denied with her head with a smile and then started to unpack everything in order to put it into place.

It took her some hours to make her room look at least a bit cozy but she started to feel hungry so she decided to take a break and go outside to look for something to eat. However, she felt overwhelmed again the moment she put a foot outside her bedroom.

I’ll need more time to adjust to this. She thought.

Ahyoung then went to the kitchen, she saw that it was already completely equipped, she had to give some credit to the ones who managed to put everything together so fast. She directed to the fridge and put a hand over the door to open it.

“Do you want me to prepare something for you miss?”

Ahyoung almost screamed and turned around to see a middle aged woman who was looking at her with a warm smile, the girl sighed in relief and put a hand over her chest.

“Woa you almost scared me to death.” Ahyoung chuckled nervously before speaking again. “Excuse me but, who are you?”

The woman bowed to her before answering.

“I’m sorry for scaring you miss, it wasn’t my intention. I’m the cook.”

“Uh you don’t have to be that formal with me, just call me Ahyoung.” The girl said a bit uncomfortable.

“I’m afraid that won’t be possible miss.” The woman politely answered.

Ahyoung sighed and half smiled.

“Don’t worry, I think it’s something I need to get used to.”

After that, Ahyoung asked for a sandwich and the woman did it for her, she ate it and praised the woman for her cooking skills, which were superb. When she was finishing her meal, Seohyun came into the kitchen.

“Here you are Ahyoung, we need to introduce someone to you, come with me please.”

“Sure, just let me wash the dish.” The girl answered standing from her seat.

“Don’t worry miss, I’ll take care of it.” The woman said, immediately going to her side to take the dish.

Ahyoung looked at her confused and then at her mother who just signaled with her head to go with her, the girl then started to walk behind her but stopped midway.

“Mom.”

Seohyun turned around to face her daughter and waited for her to talk.

“I don’t like to be treated as if I was a princess or something like that, I mean, it just feels wrong.” The girl finally said a bit overwhelmed.

Seohyun looked at her warmly and approached to her daughter to her hair.

“I know we raised you in a completely different way and this makes you feel uncomfortable but this is something we can’t change, even when you’re not a princess you do are the heiress of the assassin’s leaders, so it’s kind of the same.” Ahyoung sighed and look down. “But what you can do to feel better is treat everyone in a respectful way and thank them for their services.”

Ahyoung looked at her mother and nodded with a faint smile, Seohyun smiled at her warmly. After that, they reached a door which Seohyun opened and led to a studio, her father was inside along a boy.

Ahyoung immediately looked at him, he was tall with bluish hair though that wasn’t what stood out of his face but his honey like almost golden eyes, Ahyoung had never seen eyes as mesmerizing as those ones.

“You’re here darling.” Ahyoung looked at Leeteuk who was looking at her with a smile. “There’s someone I want to introduce to you.”

Leeteuk then stood from his seat and walked to the boy, Ahyoung looked attentively at her father.

“This is Sanghyuk, he’s our best rookie from the generation.” Leeteuk first introduced him to Ahyoung. “Sanghyuk, this is my daughter, Ahyoung.”

“It’s an honor to finally meet you miss Ahyoung.” Sanghyuk said bowing a bit and putting his right hand over his chest.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Ahyoung politely answered even when all she wanted to do was telling Sanghyuk to not act like that.

“As you know, tomorrow you’ll be attending your new school.” Leeteuk started to explain. “You still don’t know much about this world, so Sanghyuk will attend highschool with you and he’ll be your bodyguard.”

“Huh?” Ahyoung asked confused and surprised. “Come on dad, this is too much, why do I have to have a bodyguard? I can defend myself.”

“I’ll feel more at ease if Sanghyuk is by your side.” Leeteuk said.

And with just those words, Leeteuk managed to make Ahyoung agree to his instruction. Ahyoung was weak when her parents asked her for something that gave them peace or would make them feel better, she could never deny them anything. When Leeteuk knew he had already won, he smiled and changed his voice tone to an excited one.

“So it’s settled. Sanghyuk come here tomorrow morning, we’ll take you both to school since we still need to make some arrangements with the headmaster.”

Sanghyuk nodded and then bid farewell to everyone before going away.

 

The next day, Ahyoung woke up earlier than what she should. She was overthinking about her new school and how would it be to meet real demons and vampires, she was feeling half excited half scared since she didn’t know what to expect. Sanghyuk arrived exactly at the hour Leeteuk instructed him and Ahyoung was surprised by that, she quickly understood that Sanghyuk was a boy of few words, he usually kept a stoic expression and seemed to be a really calm guy.

“Are you guys ready?” Leeteuk asked them.

Sanghyuk and Ahyoung nodded, Seohyun then started to talk in a serious way

“Ahyoung, there’s something we must remind you and that you always have to bear in mind.” Ahyoung gulped nervously and nodded to her mother. “You must never forget the importance of the statuses, no matter what, you must talk properly to those with High Status despite the race and respect them, as well as you have to protect your own position as a High Status. Even when they’re demons and vampires, you’re no less important or inferior than them, alright?”

“Does that mean that if someone wants to mess with me I can defend myself?” Ahyoung mischievously asked.

“That means you can defend but in a smarter way, in other words, you can’t solve problems the way you used to back in the other highschool, it’s not like you can knock someone down just because you didn’t like how they talked to you.” Seohyun clarified in a more authoritative way. “You’ll have to learn to use your voice and words as weapons.”

Ahyoung nodded and her parents told them to get into the car, during the journey, they explained to her that the school was a bit far because it wasn’t positioned in the assassin’s realm neither with the vampires or demons, it was in a neutral place in between the realms. When they reached it, Ahyoung was surprised once again by how big it was. Her previous school couldn’t even compare. Once in the entrance, they separated.

“Well, you guys go ahead to your classes, we’ll go to talk some matters with the headmaster.” Seohyun instructed.

Sanghyuk and Ahyoung bid farewell to Ahyoung’s parents and got inside. With each step Ahyoung took inside the school, her anxiety rose, at some point she stopped and when Sanghyuk noticed she wasn’t by his side anymore, he also stopped and turned to look at her.

“What’s the matter?” Sanghyuk asked.

Ahyoung sighed heavily before speaking.

“I know talking about this may seem unsuitable for my position but I still feel overwhelmed by all of this and I don’t know what to expect.” Ahyoung confessed.

“Everything will be alright miss, you have me.” Sanghyuk seriously answered.

“I would prefer it if you called me just Ahyoung, the whole ‘miss’ thing is really strange for me.” Sanghyuk was about to deny her that request but Ahyoung spoke before he could say anything. “I don’t care what everyone says, it’d be nice if at least you can treat me as a normal person, after all, we’ll spend a lot of time together.”

Sanghyuk then chuckled and looked at her with a complete different expression, he wasn’t as serious as before.

“Alright, then move or we’ll be late for class.” The boy said and turned around starting to walk.

Ahyoung didn’t know why but with that change of attitude from the boy she felt a bit better and less anxious. She followed Sanghyuk, who guided her to their classroom. Since the year had already started and everyone already knew each other, Ahyoung had to introduce herself to everyone in the class and Sanghyuk quickly informed her about their classsmates and their ranks. Fortunately there weren’t High Status aside from one demon, however, he was absent that day, so Ahyoung relaxed since she was the only High Status in the class at least for that day.

During the class she couldn’t really focus on what was being said, all she could think about was the eyes of the demons and the vampires, it took everything inside her to remain calm and not being mesmerized by them during her introduction, but now that she was in her seat, she couldn’t help but to let herself be amazed by them. She never thought that such eye colors would really exist, she had seen those colors in movies with especial effects or the contact lenses, however, a natural color was always different, they looked so out of the world.

She managed to survive the first lessons without drawback, during the break, Sanghyuk took her out of the classroom in order to look for the other High Status from the other classes, so she could at least know them and talk properly to them if she ever encountered one when Sanghyuk wasn’t around. However, they didn’t even take five steps outside of their classroom when a girl appeared just right in front of Ahyoung with a big smile.

“You’re Ahyoung, right?”

“Um yes.” Ahyoung answered a bit uncomfortable by the sudden closeness.

“I knew it, I haven’t seen you here before so I assumed you must be Ahyoung. I’m Sojin, nice to meet you.” Sojin said still with a big smile.

Ahyoung knew she was a vampire, because of her red eyes, however, she didn’t know which status she had so she tried to be as polite as she could until Sanghyuk could tell her about it, however, she didn’t have to wait that long since another voice came into the conversation.

“Sojin, you know the first thing you have to inform when you meet someone is your status.”

Ahyoung looked at the boy whom that voice belonged to, he was another vampire.

“That isn’t important Taek.” The girl answered with false annoyance towards him.

The boy sighed and then looked at Ahyoung who just looked at him with confusion.

“I’m sorry for my fiancée’s poor introduction, she’s a High Status vampire and I’m Taekwoon, also a High Status vampire, it’s a pleasure to meet you Ahyoung.”

Ahyoung was surprised because of two things. The first was the calmness with which Taekwoon talked and the second was that she couldn’t understand how those two completely different personalities could be engaged.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you both, as you know already I’m Ahyoung, a High Status assassin.”

“The heiress of the assassins you mean.” Sojin said with a smirk.

Ahyoung started to feel uncomfortable and Taekwoon noticed it, so he took Sojin from the shoulder to try to make her retreat a little to give Ahyoung some space.

“How do you know that?” Ahyoung asked them with mistrust.

“Excuse Sojin, she’s kind of reckless sometimes. We know about your existence because our parents know each other. Sojin’s parents are the leaders of the vampires, therefore, they have communication with yours. And I’m the son of the second strongest family of vampires, as well as Sojin’s fiancé, so as you can assume, I also know about everything.”

Ahyoung turned to see Sanghyuk to corroborate and the boy nodded to her, she felt more at ease with that and Taekwoon’s explanation, so she smiled at Sojin.

“You take everything too serious Taekwoon.” Sojin said to him with false annoyance and approaching him, giving Ahyoung some space.

“And you take everything too lightly.” Taekwoon calmly answered.

Ahyoung was amused with their dynamic, if she previously didn’t get why they got along well, she now knew it. Sojin then turned to look at her again.

“Are your parents here?”

“Yes, they had something to discuss with the headmaster.” Ahyoung answered her.

“We must go greet them, we’ll be going then.” She smiled again at Ahyoung. “If you ever need anything you can come to us, we’re not in the same classroom but we’ll look for you.”

With that, both of them went away. Ahyoung remained standing in the same place for some seconds before she could speak.

“What in the world just happened?” She asked to no one specifically.

Sanghyuk walked to her and stood by her side.

“Well, they don’t need an introduction anymore, you can trust Sojin and Taekwoon, they’ll be on your side.” Sanghyuk explained with his gaze still fixed in the direction where the vampires went away.

“Why are you so sure they’ll be on my side?”

“Vampires are more civilized than the demons, besides, the current leaders of the vampires believe in equality between races and don’t pay much attention to status. That was why Sojin acted like that with you.”

“That’s what I say, why complicate everything with all these differences and statuses thing?”

Sanghyuk chuckled and crossed his arms.

“Not a lot of people share that thought, heiress.” Sanghyuk answered with a bit of mockery in the last word.

Ahyoung glared at him and tried to hit him but Sanghyuk ran off before she could.

“Since you’re now running, bring me something to eat Sanghyuk!” Ahyoung demanded.

“No problem!” The boy screamed back before disappearing.

Ahyoung laughed a bit and remained in the same place, even when she really wanted to look around the school, she knew that doing it on her own wasn’t the best decision, so she thought about waiting for Sanghyuk in the classroom, however, when she turned around to go back, someone blocked her way. When she looked up, she was encountered with a guy with silver eyes.

A demon. She immediately thought.

“Sorry, I didn’t see you.” She politely said.

She then tried to pass by his side but the guy blocked her way again. Ahyoung was annoyed by that and glared at him.

“I already apologized, let me through.” She angrily said.

“Oh? You’re speaking to me in such a manner without knowing who I am?” The guy questioned with an arrogant tone.

Ahyoung snorted and crossed her arms. Her parents’ words resounded in her head, about being aware of the status and not behave recklessly, but that guy in front of her was getting on her nerves with just some words and actions.

“You could be the leader of the demons and I would still talk to you like that, now move aside and let me through.” Ahyoung answered in annoyance.

“You’re too arrogant for a mere human.” He answered.

Ahyoung glared at him.

“What if I’m a human? You think I have to bow down to you just because you’re a demon?”

“That’s why I hate this new ‘equality’ thing.” He said in annoyance. “It makes humans think we are in the same level when we clearly aren’t.”

“I’ve had enough of this bull.” Ahyoung said and started to walk to her classroom.

However, the guy quickly reached her and took her by the arm, Ahyoung then tried to hit him but he dodged the attack, so both started with a little fight. After some seconds, he finally managed to grab her wrist and put her against the wall. It obviously wasn’t like Ahyoung couldn’t get him off but he started to talk and what he said made her think twice before doing another movement.

“I’m not the leader of demons but I’m the heir.” He said in a whisper with his lips dangerously near her ear. “My name is Jonghyun, you should better remember it, because things won’t end here.”

Jonghyun then looked at her again, expecting Ahyoung would be intimidated, however, the girl wasn’t going to bow down that easily, so she also looked at him straight in the eyes.

“Then you also shouldn’t forget my name, I’m Ahyoung, the heiress of the assassins.” She said with an intimidating voice.

Jonghyun glared at her for a couple of seconds more before smirking.

“Interesting.”

After that, Jonghyun let her wrist go and turned around, it was then that Ahyoung noticed that a lot of people were surrounding them, curious about what was happening.

“The hell are you looking at!? Get lost!” Jonghyun screamed at them.

Ahyoung wasn’t the only one startled by Jonghyun’s voice, everyone around them immediately disappeared from the place, some of them even apologized before going away. The girl watched that scene with a frown and then Jonghyun turned to see her again, she looked at him and noticed that same smirk over his face, she was starting to hate it.

“Nice to meet you, Ahyoung.” He mocked.

Ahyoung just glared at him, Jonghyun chuckled and finally went away. When he disappeared, Ahyoung snorted furiously.

Come on, how can someone as rude as him can exist?

The girl quickly and furiously walked back to her classroom and sat at her place. She rested her chin over the palm of her hand and drummed her fingers against the desk with the other one.

>>”My name is Jonghyun, you should better remember it, because things won’t end here.”

Those words came to her mind again and made her frown.

Jonghyun, huh? She thought with curiosity.

 

A/N: LEO is having a comeback y'all! Who's also excited? ^^

As always, thank you so so much for reading, comments are appreciated ^^ stay safe and have a beautiful day <3