[1]

cherry kisses (just for you)

“..” the brunette cursed, rummaging around her room looking for something that she seemed persistent on finding- that something was her chapstick. yunjin searched every nook and cranny of her room, even ducking below her bed in an attempt to find it; it was nowhere to be seen. and she was beginning to get frustrated. 

 

you see, this was a gift given to by kazuha, someone she cherished and adored immensely. they spent what felt like hours at the same shop bickering at each other for what chapstick would suit each other, until ultimately picking the matching flavor. and for yunjin to lose it only made her heart break, she couldn’t imagine what kazuha’s reaction could be the moment she told her.

 

-

 

“kazuha?” the younger girl heard yunjin call out, her head lifting up from her phone, setting it aside. “hm?” she hummed, noting the older leaning against the door frame of her room. “you still have your chapstick right?” yunjin rubbed the nape of her neck, avoiding all eye contact with kazuha, she nodded, pressing her lips together. “i do, i put it on actually.” kazuha used her thumb to wipe the excess off her bottom lip. 

 

“i see….” yunjin stared at her feet, mustering up the courage for the next words to escape . “i lost mine.. could i borrow yours..?” she quickly glimpsed up at her reaction before resuming her staring at the ground. “sure, here.” kazuha pointed the chapstick towards the brunette, a neutral expression on her face; yunjin was dumb-founded by it. “you’re not..upset?” 

 

“why would i be upset, silly?” kazuha’s own words elicited a laugh from her. “we could go out and buy a new one for you, it’s nothing serious.” she reassuringly told the troubled yunjin, who just nodded. she figured she’d see the opposite reaction from kazuha, and now yunjin was embarrassed for believing so, fidgeting with her fingers. “here, come sit down next to me.” the corners of kazuha’s eyes crinkled, revealing her lovely crescent-shaped eyes when she smiled.

 

yunjin sheepishly sat down, her knees buckled and her hands resting on her lap. “you seem tense.” kazuha placed her hand on top of yunjin’s, who glanced over towards the latter. “no need to be nervous.” she reassured the brunette, her soothing voice had yunjin calm down a bit, her knees no longer bucking and now relaxed. “did you still need my chapstick?” kazuha offered. 

 

“yeah i do,” yunjin peered up at her lips. “but i have an idea, close your eyes for a moment.” kazuha furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, nonetheless, she complied; her eyelids slowly closing shut. they sat in silence for a few seconds, allowing yunjin to glance at kazuha’s lips without being caught, just as she was about to touch the latter’s lips, yunjin halted- there was a much easier way to do this.

 

-

 

yunjin leaned forward and captured kazuha’s lips on her own. a gasp escaping from kazuha, she froze in place not knowing what to do, yunjin reeled in her closer by snaking a hand around her neck. yunjin could feel her lips getting coated in the chapstick, also tasting the sweet, cherry flavor that made its way onto her tongue. she forgot how flavorful it was, and it only made her want more of it. 

 

after a few seconds of… mushing faces, kazuha pulled away, her hands resting on yunjin’s shoulders. her face was entirely beet red, and her eyebrows were furrowed, but yunjin found that adorable. “yo-you baited me!” she exclaimed, lightly smacking the latter’s shoulder. “why? am i not allowed to kiss my girlfriend?” yunjin had a grin tugging at the ends of her lips, a smug tone staining her voice. “you didn’t pull away either.” she remarked, only grinning further as if she were the cheshire cat. 

 

“w-well..” this time, kazuha was the embarrassed one. “cat got your tongue?” yunjin struggled to contain her laughter, seeing the younger one having difficulty forming a sentence, opening to speak only to close again. the brunette pursed her lips together, feeling her lips become smoother as she spread it around with her finger. “hey, would you look at that, it worked.” kazuha stared at her in disbelief, it amazed her how shameless the latter could be at times or be completely a nervous wreck. 

 

“but, i don’t think it was enough.” without missing a beat, yunjin took kazuha’s face in her hands and reconnected her lips with the latter’s once again, pressing a few butterfly kisses. despite it being only a few kisses, kazuha felt weak at the knees, she knew if she stood, her knees would feel like jelly and most likely topple over. sometimes, yunjin was too bold, and kazuha liked that about her. 

 

-

 

“oh! it was right here the entire time!” kazuha pulled her hand out of her jacket pocket to reveal the small chapstick. “you dropped it earlier when we went out for a walk, i was going to give it back but i forgot.” giggling as she spoke, kazuha placed the small balm in the brunette’s hands. yunjin stared at the chapstick for a bit before tucking it in her pocket. 

 

“i like it this way though.” she pressed another kiss on kazuha’s lips, with a toothy grin forming. “i’m going to lose all of my chapstick, unnie!” kazuha exclaimed, yunjin widened her grin, entwining her fingers with the younger’s. “we could keep each other’s lips chapped..” she purred, which had kazuha slapping her shoulder that echoed in the room. “you have no shame!” kazuha attempted to pull away with a grin however yunjin pulled her even closer in response. 

 

“c’mon kazuha! my lips still aren’t chapped yet!” yunjin chuckled, humming against kazuha’s lips once she reconnected with hers. 

 

-