Chapter Four

Breaking the Boundaries

ANEMO’s schedule became hectic after their debut performance. From more live performances and events and signings, it seems like the boys could hardly breathe. But that’s what it takes to be an idol.

 

Another event is scheduled for the boys but this time it’s a treat for them. Being on a talk show! The boys can be themselves and have fun while millions of people are watching them. Not gonna lie, that still scares the living out of Yujin.

 

Yujin was pacing back and forth in the waiting room. The other boys can feel their leader’s nervousness. “H-hyung I know you’re nervous but can you slow down on the pacing?” Shen asked, “It’s just Weekly Idol. Isn’t that your dream when we wanted to debut?”

 

Yujin stopped and sighed, “Yes but this is live television. I’m afraid I’m gonna say something stupid.”

 

“Don’t you already do that at our dorms?” Haru laughed as he received many smacks from Yujin.

 

“Yah! Don’t make me more nervous than I need to be.” Yujin whined, “Okay okay I can do this.” Yujin looked at her members, “We can do this!” The boys cheered and they all joined into a group hug.

 

The show started. It was a great start for the boys and Yujin. They all did their own funny introduction (for Yujin, she just did the jiggle jiggle TikTok dance which made her members laugh very hard). Then, the question came rolling in.

 

“This might be random but Yujin but have you seen the news about yourself?” One of the host asked.

 

Yujin was shocked to hear that there’s already news going around about her. This made her nervous. Oh no! Did someone already figure out that I’m actually a girl?!

 

Suddenly, Subin chimes in, “Yah, who is talking bad about my leader?” He stood up and gave Yujin a back hug, “Yujin didn’t do anything wrong. He’s an idiot but he didn’t do anything wrong.”

 

Laughter filled the room from the host and the boys, including Yujin who lightly pushed away Subin. “Aiyah when did you become such a savage little brother?” Yujin cleared , “So what’s the news?”

 

The host laughed, “Apparently you’ve become really popular among the fans.” The boys were surprised by the news, especially Yujin who didn’t think she would be a popular member. “Yeah so after your very first person where you had the ending. You had this… cool and mysterious aura to yourself. Kinda like a fox. Sly and mysterious.”

 

Yujin laughed, “I mean back at home, my friend tend to associate me as a fox. A little trickster through and through if you like to think like that.” Yujin winked at the host.

 

The host gasped, “And a charming fox if I might add. No wonder the fans fell for you.”

 

Haru laughed, “Cool and mysterious? More like a baby. Earlier you should’ve seen Yujin-hyung. He was sweating bullets and pacing back and forth because he was so nervous.” Yujin proceeds to smack him.

 

“Yah, how did I manage to be in a group with you guys. All you guys do is roast me on a daily basis.” Laughter filled the room again.

 

“But hyung we roast you because we love you.” A sound effect of awws played as Shen explained.

 

Seojun nodded, “Shen-hyung is correct. We love our short leader.” Laughter filled the room and Yujin cutely pouted.

 

“How can you guys be so sweet but still ruin the moment?” Yujin laughed.

 

The host smiled, “Seems like this side of Yujin can also be popular if you’re into that.” Then another question popped up, “In addition, your age is also a reason you’re gaining attention. So Yujin as part of a newer group for JYP, it comes to a surprise that you’re one of the older members to debut so late.”

 

Yujin nodded, “Yes I understand that most new idols are way younger than me. But JYP saw something in me when I auditioned for the company. I would think that maybe I can bring some new light into the industry.” Yujin sighed, “But I’ll be honest: I feel old and young at the same time.” Yujin looked at her members, “Especially dealing with these kids.”

 

“Says the old man.” Haru laughed.

 

“I will punish you as the old man if you keep this gig up.” Yujin chuckled.

 

The host took a break from asking questions and played some more games with the members. In addition, they did some short covers, one which Yujin absolutely killed when it came to GOT7 “Hard Carry”. All the boys and the host were very impressed with Yujins skill. “Wow, you nailed that choreography.”

 

Yujin blushed and smiled, “Oh thank you. Fun Fact: I passed the audition with that song for my dance part. I take a lot of inspiration from many JYP groups.”

 

“It’s true. You should see his desk in his room.” Seojun pointed out. “On his desk is a mirror and lined up at the bottom are photocards of his favorites.” The boy laughed as they just exposed Yujin.

 

Yujin groaned, “Exposed and being roasted. I'm this close to quitting being leader of this group.” She chuckled.

 

The host was intrigued, “If you don’t mind me asking, who’s photocards do you have?”

 

Yujin’s face turned red which made the boys laughed even more. She cleared , “So uh, I have four photocards on display in my room. All of them are in Toploaders which were made by my friend when I was in America.” She turned to the camera and spoke in English, “[If my friend is watching this, thank you for protecting my photocards.]” 

 

She turned to the host again, “Anyway, the first one I have is a photocard of Jinyoung sunbae-nim from Just Right. I really admire his voice and his personality. He’s a very respectful person even when he is dancing with girls. He inspired me to sing my heart out.” The hosts were very impressed with the response. “The next one I have is Dahyun sunbae-nim and it’s her special photocard from Signal where it’s her signature. Uh, oh this is embarrassing.” Yujin laughed as she got redder.

 

Haru giggled, “Someone is about to fanboy his heart out.” The boys laughed while Yujin proceeded to smack him again.

 

Yujin collected herself, “So uh yeah. I admire her because she’s a very talented person. She’s a good rapper, a wonderful singer, and she can play the piano beautifully. Also she’s pretty funny. Especially when she breaks out into her eagle dance.” She smiled widely, “I hope I can be like her when making music because she always put a smile on my face whenever she sings so I want to do the same.”

 

-MEANWHILE-

 

Suddenly, Dahyun sneezed not once, not twice but three times. Chaeyoung noticed her sneezing, “You okay unnie? Are you getting allergies?”

 

Dahyun got a tissue paper and blew into it. “I think someone is talking about me.”

 

-BACK TO THE SHOW-

 

The host nodded at Yujin. “So I’m guessing Dahyun is your ultimate favorite?” Yujin blushed hard and avoided eye contact with the host. He laughed, “I’ll be taking that as a yes.” The boys laughed as Yujin hid his blushing face. “So besides Jinyoung and Dahyun, who are your last two photocards on display?”

 

Yujin cleared , “So my third photo is Hyunjin sunbae-nim from the Miroh album. Fun fact: we were born the same year and same month just two days apart haha.”

 

The host was in awe, “Really two days?”

 

Yujin nodded, “I admire Hyunjin because he is an amazing rapper and dancer. He has amazing visuals like I wanna be him when I go onto stage and just wow the audience.”

 

“I think you’re already at that point given your ending fairy video.” The host laughed and Yujin blushed.

 

“Oh I feel far from his visuals. Anyway, the last photocard is Lia sunbae-nim from Icy. I admire her because she is an amazing vocalist. Her voice, whether in Korean or English, just enchants me. She motivates me to improve on my own vocals. Also, I would like to add that she is very beautiful and her visuals are just breath-taking.”

 

The host smiled, “You would say that Lia is your type of girl if you were to date?” Yujin just stood silent as her face got redder and redder. The boys noticed and while the hosts laughed out loud. “I’m also taking that as a yes.”

 

Yujin cleared , “All I’m saying is that she’s beautiful!” Yujin turned to her members, “Yah, stop laughing and back me up here!”

 

-A few days later-

 

Lia was doing a solo VLive. She greeted her audience and did some casual talking here and here. Answering questions that come up.

 

“Let’s answer another question here… I saw your photos with the new group ANEMO. What are your thoughts on them?” Lia laughed, “I only met them for a brief moment because it was their first live performance and their manager wants us to see them as good luck for them. We even made homemade banners for them to keep. Hopefully they still have them. Some of the boys seem like the type to easily lose stuff haha.”

 

Another question popped up. “[Did you see the recent clip from Weekly Idol with ANEMO? Yujin was talking about you and saying you’re his type. Oh my.]” Lia giggled, “[To think that the boy is exposing himself so much. But I don’t blame him, I mean I’m already Ryujin’s type from a past live a while ago. But it’s funny to hear I’ve capture his heart hahaha.]”

 

-MEANWHILE-

 

Dahyun was scrolling through Twitter and she came across random clips from Weekly Idol of ANEMO. One of those caught her attention as its caption “Oooooo Yujin oppa has a crush on someone~” Dahyun was intrigued and clicked on the video. The clip was Yujin explaining her deep admiration for Lia and the host and the other members were teasing her, saying if Lia is her type.

 

Suddenly, something was annoying Dahyun as she saw that clip. Tsk. As if Lia would choose that choco pie stealer as her type. She turned off her phone and stared at the wall for a while. The annoying feeling wasn’t going away.

——————————————————————————————————————————

HELLO AGAIN MY LOVELIES. I know what you’re thinking. Two chapters?! Idk I’ve been in a writing mood but I also wanna show you guys some backstory about Yujin. This chapter is more like filler with some plot but I wanted to write Yujin being a typical kpop stan fan girl lol. Hope you guys enjoy.