Chapter Two

Breaking the Boundaries

“So… you’re a girl?” Dahyun looked at Yujin in shock. Yujin was fidgeting awkwardly, slowly averting her eyes away from Dahyun. She slowly nodded in confirmation. Dahyun stared at the girl in front of her, making her more nervous. “Does anybody else know about… you?”

 

Yujin sighed, “JYP-nim and the manager. But   they’re being very strict in keeping it a secret,” Dahyun was surprised by the change in voice. “I have my own room and bathroom in the dorms. So there will be no accidents.”

 

Dahyun gasped, “You mean your own members don’t know that you’re a girl?” Yujin nodded again. “But… How did you end up here? How did you manage to keep your gender a secret?”

 

Yujin sighed again, “I originally auditioned to join a girl group but since my usual style is very boyish and my voice tends to be very deep when I sing, the staff mistake me as a boy. It wasn’t until they looked at my file that they made a mistake. However, JYP-nim had other plans.” Yujin scratched her head, “I’m guessing JYP-nim wanted to create a revolution of some sort. I don’t know all the details but he plans to reveal me to the world when the time comes.”

 

“So until then, you have to be a normal boy in a kpop boy group.” Yujin nodded again. “Wait, does that mean you’ve been training with the boy trainees?”

 

“Yep. It was difficult to hide my true self but those two years of training helped me.” Yujin smiled at Dahyun, “And here I am: achieving my dreams of being an idol, just… in a different context.”

 

Dahyun was still shocked at the fact that this girl is being a part of a boy group. She’s even more shocked that JYP wanted this too.

 

Yujin bowed to Dahyun. “I apologize but I have to go. I still need to practice and if I leave the boys too long they might start trouble.” Yujin giggled and cleared and reverted back to her boy persona, “Please, keep supporting me. And remember: this is our secret unnie.” Yujin winked and started walking away.

 

Dahyun still can’t get over the fact of what she discovered. A girl? In a boy group? It’s just… weird. I didn’t think it would happen. Dahyun rested her chin on her hand. Still, she’s living a dangerous game in the public eye. Hopefully, JYP-nim and her manager know what they’re doing. Dahyun realized something, “Did she just winked at me? Not only did she steal my last box of choco pie but she’s already flirting with her seniors.” She shook her head, “Damn newbie.”

 

Dahyun quickly used the restroom and rushed to the practice room. She made it when the boys were barely into their debut song practice. Chaeyoung nudged Dahyun, “Dude where have you been? Were you having toilet troubles?” Chaeyoung softly giggled as Dahyun smacked her. 

 

“Yah! It’s not like that. I was just… thinking. You know having those toilet thoughts.” Dahyun chuckled nervously and then looked back at the boys and Yujin practicing. Her focus is mostly on Yujin.

 

Yujin’s part came up and Dahyun was impressed with how well she can sing with such emotion while dancing heavily. Especially seeing her in a binder. She’s right. Her voice does go deep when she sings. I wonder if she strains her voice daily in order to keep up with the act. A million questions ran through distracting her from watching the practice.

 

The boys finished up their practice. Twice clapped for them while the boy bowed to the girls, smiling from hearing their cheers. “Wowwwww you guys are really good!” Jihyo exclaimed, “Especially you Yujin. Very impressed with your talent.”

 

Yujin blushed, “Thank you noona but I still have a lot of work to do.”

 

The boys groaned and laughed, “Hyung, just take the compliment. She’s right though! You’re the best out of all of us. Leader fits your role.” Haru explained which made Yujin blush even harder.

 

“Ahhh this is embarrassing.” Yujin hid her face from the boys and from Twice.

 

While the boys kept on teasing their leader, Tzuyu noticed that Dahyun was staring off into space. She nudged her, “Hey unnie. You still have a grudge against Yujin ssi?”

 

Dahyun snapped out of it and faced Tzuyu, “O-oh. Uhhhhh maybe. I mean yeah sh- he did take the last choco pie box but I mean if he gives me a box for free then maybe he’s forgiven.”

 

Tzuyu shook her head, “I swear unnie you’re so weird.” 

 

Dahyun smacked her, “Yah leave me alone you savage maknae.”

 

ANEMO’s manager went up to Twice. “I hope you girls enjoy seeing the new boy group. In addition, I hope you girls support them on their new journey here at the company.”

 

Jihyo smiled at the manager, “Thank you for having us. We should be on our way. We have a busy schedule ahead of us.”

 

The girls said their goodbyes to the boys and started heading out of the practice room. Dahyun was the last to leave but she took a moment to take one last look at Yujin. Her concerns still worries Dahyun as the many possible consequences that could happen to her if Yujin is not careful. However, Yujin saw how comfortable is with her members and how well she blended in with the boys' antics. Dahyun smiled slightly and left the practice room.

 

As the girls headed off to do their scheduled events, Dahyun still kept on thinking. Even though she’s a girl pretending to be a male kpop idol, she still has talent. Dahyun sighed. I wish her the best. I hope that finds fun while she can.

///////

 

After practicing and shooting parts for their music video, the boys arrived at their dorm exhausted and sore. Subin was the first to knock out onto the couch. Yujin sighed and smacked him gently, “Hey, get up. You’re gonna catch a cold if you sleep on the couch.”

 

Subin groaned, “But hyunggggg it’s so comfy here. Let me sleep for a bit.”

 

Yujin shook her head. “Aish, you’re lucky I’m tired too. Or I would’ve dragged your .” Yujin turned to the rest of her members. “Well, we have a big day tomorrow. Hope you all get well rested because we still have a lot of things before our debut. But remember: let’s have fun!” The boys cheered and went into their respective rooms (Haru dragged Subin to their room since they’re roommates).

 

Yujin went into her own private room. She shut the door behind her and locked it. She slid her body down to the floor and sat down. She looked at her room. The room that she will be staying in for her duration of her idol life (or until they get another dorm room). It was small, the smallest out of the dorms since she got a private room but it was her own privacy. She got up and began to taking off her clothes, starting with her binder. A wave of relief flowed through her as she was able to breathe properly. “, dancing and singing in a binder is hard. I think I need to get a size bigger. Luckily my chest isn’t that big.” She grabbed her phone and texted her manager to get her a bigger binder, reserving the smaller one for shows or events that do not require a lot of action.

 

After that she proceeded to change into her sleepwear and crawled into her bed. Exhaustion got to her so she couldn’t move a muscle. She grabbed her phone and looked at the time. Midnight. I guess this is my life now. Then, she turned over and looked at her desk. She looked at the photocards of her biases that were placed along the bottom of the mirror. One of them particularly caught her attention. It was a photocard of Dahyun, during her Signal era. It was a special card that had her signature and shiny borders. Yujin smiled as she saw the card. “I can’t believe I’m an idol. In a company that has my favorite person: Dahyunnie.” 

——————————————————————————————————————————

And that’s the end of Chapter Two. I have plans for this story but again this story isn’t really priority compare to my other stories. But I will say there will be some drama DUNDUNDUNNNNNN. But when you’ll never know hehehe. Also there will be other groups appearing that do play a role so look forward to them (hint: crown)