Chapter One

Breaking the Boundaries

“You will never amount to anything by becoming a singer! You will forever be a failure!”

 

The person woke up suddenly. Tears streaming down their face, their body was trembling in fright. “I-I will show you…”



It was a normal day at the Twice dorm. It was Twice’s off day so that meant the girls can do whatever they want today. All of them are in their usual routines for odd days: either staying in their rooms or watching some show. 

 

However, for Dahyun, she was craving some sweets, specifically some choco pies. She got up and bugged her school meal club members. “Hey Chaeyoung! Tzuyu! Wanna go to the convenience store and get some snacks? I need to restock my choco pie inventory.”

 

Chaeyoung groaned, “I don’t wanna get up from my bed. It’s nice and comfy.”

 

Tzuyu nodded, “Okay unnie. I’ll come with you. I need some snacks too.” Tzuyu stood up and ripped the blanket off of Chaeyoung, “Come on shortie. It’ll be good for you to get some fresh air.”

 

“Yah! Don’t call me short!” Dahyun laughed as she got ready.

 

All of them headed out of their dorm and went to the nearest convenience store within walking distance. The three entered the store and immediately separated, Chaeyoung trying to find her favorite strawberry milk while Tzuyu was finding stuff for the rest of the members. Meanwhile, Dahyun went straight for the choco pie.

 

She finally arrived at the aisle. Her face filled with delight as she saw the glowing box of choco pie. “Damn, it must be my lucky day. The last box of choco-“ before she could even reached it, another person came in and swoop the last box. Dahyun stood their in shock. “What the- “ She turned around and saw the guyhold the last box. She pouted, “Hey! That’s mine. I saw it first.”

 

The guy turned and looked at Dahyun. “Ah. Well sorry but I grabbed it first.” Then the guy heard some voice.

 

“Hyung! Yujin-hyung!” The guy turned to see his friend waving to him. “We’re done shopping! We will meet you outside.”

 

“Okay. I’ll meet you guys soon.” Then he turned his attention to Dahyun, “Sorry miss but I’ll be taking my leave.” He walked away from her and took his stuff to the counter to pay. 

 

Dahyun fumed. She walked away and met up with Chaeyoung and Tzuyu outside. The two were surprised when Dahyun left empty handed and her face filled with annoyance. “What’s wrong unnie?” Tzuyu asked.

 

Dahyun sighed, “I WAS gonna get the choco pie and it was the last box in the store but this random guy took the last box and just swiped it from me.” She leaned onto Chaeyoung shoulders. “Now I’m choco pie less. How will I survive?”

 

Chaeyoung sighed, “Geez you’re being dramatic unnie. We will go to another store and buy it from there? Happy?” Dahyun reluctantly nodded and all three of them went to another convenience store.

 

All of them arrived back at their dorm, Dahyun happily holding not only one but three boxes of choco pie. Nayeon saw them and greeted them. “Hey girls? Back already?” Nayeon saw the boxes of choco pie and chuckled, “Really Dubu? Three boxes? Why so much this time?”

 

“Dahyunnie is just mad that some random guy took the last box and so we went to another store and she just grabbed what her small hands can handle.” Tzuyu savagely roasted her.

 

“Yah! Stop roasting me! I’m just trying to make this last for a while.” Dahyun said as she entered her room. Dahyun grunted as she put away her treats, “I hope I don’t get to see the guy again.”



Later that day, all members of Twice were eating dinner together. Nothing special, just some fried chicken and pizza. As they ate, Mina spoke, “Did you guys hear in the news?” All the members perked up their ears. “The company is debuting another boy group.”

 

“JYP-nim is making another boy group?” Sana asked.

 

Mina nodded, “I heard it from manager-nim. She was talking to their manager. Apparently, the group is made up of five boys. They’re gonna debut in about two weeks. Manager said we can meet them around tomorrow to cheer them on.”

 

“Ooooooo we’re getting new little brothers!” Momo exclaimed.

 

“Calm down, Momo. You might scare them away and not debut with us anymore.” Jeongyeon laughed as she received smacks from Momo.



It was the next morning. The girl decided to stop by the new boy group dance practice before heading off to their own schedule.

 

“I hope they’re nice people.” Nayeon worried.

 

“Relax unnie.” Dahyun reassured the older girl, “I’m sure they’re nice. They have to be, or else JYP would’ve kicked them to the curb.” 

 

Suddenly, the door swung open and there standing is the new manager for the new boy group. He bowed, “Good morning. I hope all of you are doing well. The boys are ready to meet you. I think they’re very excited to meet all of you.”

 

The girls bowed and entered the room. Dahyun entered first and she was surprised to see the person she didn’t expected or wanted to see. “YOU?!”

 

Yujin look at Dahyun with no expression. “Ah, Dahyun noona. When manager said we were having surprised guest I wasn’t expecting you or Twice.” 

 

Tzuyu went up to Dahyun, “Unnie it’s not nice to point. But who is that guy?”

 

“That’s the same guy who took my last choco pie box from yesterday!” The girls mentally face palm at the ridiculous situation.

 

Manager awkwardly chuckled, “Ummmm okay! How about you boys introduce yourselves.”

 

Yujin nodded. “Sorry. Forgive our manners.” Yujin counted off, “1,2,3.. Feel the wind hello we are ANEMO.” The boys bowed to the girls and they all clapped. Well everyone expect Dahyun who is still glaring at Yujin.

 

Chaeyoung nudge, “Unnie you’re being rude. Go on and clap.” Dahyun sighed and reluctantly clapped.

 

Yujin smiled and stepped up, “Hello noonas. My name is Yujin Park. I was born and raised in America but obviously I’m here with my fellow group mates. I’m 22 years old and I’m the leader of the group.”

 

Another boy stepped up, “Hihi. I’m Haru Sakimoto! I am 20 years old. I came from Japan and I’m so happy to meet you noona! Especially the J-Line.” He smiled at Momo, Sana and Mina in which they smiled back.

 

“Wowowow another Japanese idol!” Momo happily exclaimed

 

The next boy stepped up, “Hello hello! My name is Subin Lee. I am 19 years old! My favorite hobbies are cooking and eating hehe. It’s nice to see you noonas! I’ve been a big fan since your debut.” The girls got very excited.

 

The next boy stepped up, “Hello. My name is Shen Zhou. I was born and raised from China but my parents decided to move to Korean when I was a teen. I’m 17 years old. I hope we get along.”

 

The last boy stepped up, “H-Hi, my name is Seojun. Or Jun for short.” He shyly said, “I’m the youngest. I am 16 years old. I like reading books, playing games or- “

 

“Or being spoiled by your hyungs right?” Haru said playful as he squeezed Seojun’s cheeks.

 

Seojun groaned, “Hyunggggg stop it.” Haru stopped playing with his cheeks. The girls laughed and Seojun blushed. “Please take care of us when we debut.”

 

The girls clapped again. “Wow! What a diverse group of boys!” Jihyo said.

 

Yujin smiled again. “Thank you noona. I hope all of you and the rest of the company supports us when we debut. It would make me happy.”

 

Dahyun scoffed. Yeah maybe I would be happy too if you didn’t take the goddamn last box! Her petty thoughts got to you.

 

Manager turned to the boys, “Are you guys ready to go back to practice?”

 

Yujin raises his hand, “Wait! I need to use the restroom first.” Manager nodded and Yujin left the room.

 

Dahyun sighed. “Speaking of the bathroom: I need to use it too. Be right back girls.” And with that Dahyun also left the room.

 

As she closed the door and went to the bathroom, Dahyun managed to caught a glimpse of Yujin going to the girls restroom.

 

She was appalled. Not only did this guy steals thing but he’s a ert! Well, I won’t have him have his ways on my watch! Dahyun stormed into the bathroom. “Yah! You ert and get out of-“ Before Dahyun could finished her sentence, she was surprised to see the sight.

 

There standing in front of the mirror is Yujin… shirtless… but wearing a binder. There was a moment of awkward silence. Yujin panicked and put the shirt back on. “I-It’s not what it looks like!”

 

Dahyun spoke, “So… you’re actually a girl?”

 

——————————————————————————————————————————

 

So… this story has been in the back of my head for a while. As a genderfluid person (who also wears a binder) I always thought: what happened if I girl disguised herself as a boy and become an idol.. for a boy group. Idk I always wanted to write this story but I hope you guys enjoy this! Have a good day!