Boyfriend?

Clever like the devil, but twice as pretty.

Loud laughter and chit-chat.

That’s all Kai can hear, his brain completely disconnecting from the conversation happening around him. These events are not his favorite. The people, the same business talk over and over. There’s nothing interesting. He hates all of it. However, in all honesty, tonight has been the most boring night to date, and there is competition. He sighs as he barely listens to the old man in front of him tell the same story he made not over five minutes ago.

A cigarette at this point sounds like heaven, and he hasn’t felt this way in a while.

It was always the same, some big deal they closed, some achievement they like to brag about. There’s always something. In reality, Kai knows he’s not any different, however standing in front of this group of organized crime businesspeople, he couldn’t care less.

He takes a sip of his glass of wine. His eyes drown in the liquid for a moment. He might need something stronger soon if he plans to survive this night. A quick glance around the group makes him realize he needs a way out.

Just then, an idea pops into his head.

“… You guys would never believe the profit.” The man continues as he downs the rest of his glass. He’s pleased with the way the rest of the group laughs around him. Even if every laugh is fake. He stares at every single one of them, showering in the attention he’s receiving. “However, I can’t take all the credit here. Mr. Seong also had a lot to do with it.” He gestures at the man in front of him with a smile.

“It was nothing, sir.” The man waves it off. However, there’s a tiny sparkle in his eyes, pride.

Of course, being acknowledged by the previous generation is a big deal. Kai would lie if he said he didn’t seek for approval desperately once.

Even if it was from his own father.

“Such a large amount is difficult to get,” Kai quickly jumps in. “Take the compliment. I’m sure I speak for everybody when I say we’re expecting great things from you. Doing business with Mr. Park, who’s such a big name in the scene, even joining his family…” He gestures with his hand as if saying the list could continue.

“Family?” The old man puts his glass down. A server quickly fills it up.

“Let me know with anticipation what gift would be appropriate for the wedding.” Kai nods and takes a sip. He can see Mr. Seong sweating. He bites back a smile.

“Wedding?” The old man frowns, more confused by the second.

Kai blinks innocently. “There will be a wedding, right? Mr. Seong and your daughter surely make a great couple.”

The old man’s eyes widen so much that Kai thinks they’ll pop out of their sockets. He glances at the man in question as if waiting for an explanation. The group goes silent for a moment, tension filling the air as the other delays his answer.

“Wait…” Kai raises a hand to his chest. “Did you not know? I thought you were aware they were seeing each other. Has he been seeing your daughter in secret all this time? Oh no.” his flat tone gives his intentions away, however, the old man doesn’t seem to notice. His face heats up as he watches the other man resemble a piece of paper.

“I can explain…”

“You son of a-” The old man throws his now full glass, before he launches forward, his hands reaching the other and dragging him by the neck. The rest of the group intervenes, trying to separate them, while Kai suppresses a laugh and takes a step back. It isn’t long until a hand is pulling him out of the mess and away from it. Just then, he allows himself to laugh freely.

“What did you do?” Jongin’s tired tone reaches him. Kai simply shrugs.

“Just having fun.”

Jongin takes a deep breath as the commotion increases and other people have to jump in and separate the two, pulling them out of the room. He pushes his brother towards another group letting Kai interact on his own was his first mistake.

“You’re a menace,” Jongin says as they approach another group of men they’ve done business with in the past.

Kai chuckles. “I love you too brother.”

“If it isn’t Kim Kai and his lovely brother.” One of them says. Wang Jaemin. Kai has a smile, specifically for these occasions. When he has to talk to people he actually doesn’t want to talk to. He takes a deep breath and smiles.

“Mr. Wang, always a pleasure.” Kai nods as he greets the rest of the group. Jongin simply stands behind him silently as he always does. Some of them glance at him curiously but neither make an effort to talk to him. It’s an unspoken rule that Kai does the talking and Jongin is only there to guard him.

Except for certain occasions.

“Kim, I’ve been waiting for your reply to that proposal I sent you,” Wang says, taking a sip of his drink. His organization isn’t as big, but it’s a growing syndicate. He wasn’t Kai’s favorite to do business with, but they could benefit from a deal or two.

“I’m working on it. There are a few things I’m not sure I want to get involved with and there’s another business partner I have to run it by beforehand.” Kai smirks, grabbing a new glass from a passing server.

“Give it some thought… I have a good feeling about it.”

Kai nods, doing a quick scan around them. In the distance, he can see a familiar figure entering the room. Kai’s mood instantly improves as his eyes follow the man around.

Do Kyungsoo walks in with his loyal men following him. They greet people as they go, a big smile on his face as he practically glides across the room. All eyes are on him, and this is no surprise to Kai. The man was the definition of elegance, seduction, and power with his classic black suit and styled hair.

Wang chuckles next to him. “Look who it is… Do Kyungsoo.” He smirks. “Didn’t think I would see him around these events so soon after what happened.”

Kai scoffs. “Why not? That was just a hiccup.”

“Right, A hiccup. It didn’t look like it to me when you almost brought chaos to all of us.” Wang takes a sip.

“I’m not fond of people snatching my business partners away.” Kai smiles, gently brushing his fingers over Wang’s jacket. Earning a concerned look. “I would do the same for you.”

“Right…”  Wang raises an incredulous eyebrow. “Do you think I should go in? Who knows? I might get lucky and finally get the Do Kyungsoo experience.” He whispers his next words. “I’ve heard nothing but great things.”

Kai hums. A different smile reaches his lips as a burning sensation settles on his chest. He glances back at his brother, who doesn’t look amused at all.

Jongin steps into the circle, his expression doing a complete one-eighty when his lips curve into an easy smile, his eyes softening as well. He only meets widened eyes around the group as he speaks. “Wang… a word.”

Wang blinks, barely realizing Jongin is talking to him at first. He nods and steps away with him, looking back over his shoulder a few times with a confused frown. Jongin pats his shoulder as he talks, eventually resting his hand there. They can’t see Wang’s expression, but Jongin is all smiles as they talk.

“Do noticed us. If Wang will not take the chance, then maybe I will.” Another man says. They all turn to see Kyungsoo glancing over.

Kai stops another passing server, giving him his glass and picking another with red wine. He thanks him with a bright smile before facing the other man. Kai tilts his head, the playful glint in his eyes obvious as he takes a step forward and pours the glass over the other man’s gray suit. He hears gasps around the group and the man steps back, shocked. His stare goes back and forth between his suit and a laughing Kai like he can’t believe what his eyes just witnessed.

Kai smiles. “Oh my, that looks like it’ll leave a stain. You better go home to change…” Then his smile fades and his eyes communicate everything he’s not saying. “Now.”

He notices how Kyungsoo makes his way towards them, bringing back a smile, a more genuine one, as greets him.

“Mr. Do, what a pleasure it is to see you tonight.” Kai puts down the glass. Just then, Jongin returns with an arm wrapped around Wang’s shoulders. His eyes land on Kyungsoo immediately.

“Mr. Kim,” Kyungsoo nods. “Gentlemen.”

Wang clears his throat. “I’m afraid I have to take off. Some… important business came up.” He quickly disappears under their attentive stare.

“I have to… get this cleaned.” The other man says.

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow. “What happened?”

The man shoots Kai a brief look. “I’m just clumsy. If you’ll excuse me.” He rushes away from the group with a few other men following closely. Kyungsoo lets out a sigh, turning to Kai and Jongin.

“Don’t you look handsome today?” Kai says, trying to hold back a smile.

“Do I want to know what just happened, Mr. Kim?”

“Not really,” Jongin responds, standing next to Kai. He keeps an expressionless face, however, his eyes are sparkling.

Kyungsoo doesn’t look convinced. “Alright then, I’ll see you around.”

“You definitely will,” Kai smirks. The hint of something dark and playful filled his eyes. He wants there to be no doubt about what his intentions are. Kyungsoo shakes his head, walking away. He’s very aware of the persistent stares on him.

Not only from a particular pair but also from other people around the room.

It’s always the same. Tedious conversations, business discussions, fake laughs and promises to get together later. Kyungsoo would lie if he said he would attend every single invitation. Especially not after what happened.

“Mr. Do!”

Kyungsoo turns to the sound of his name being called. He’s slightly surprised to see Choi Chung-Ho walking over to him, completely alone. Being the heir to Mr. Choi’s business, Kyungsoo would expect him to be a bit more protected. His organization, of course, wasn’t as big as Kyungsoo’s or Kai’s but they had been business partners since his father ran the business.

The kid had to be too confident or too naïve to go alone.

“Mr. Choi,” Kyungsoo smiles. “Nice to see you.”

Choi gives him a bright smile. “I am happy to see you well. I was so upset I couldn’t attend your comeback event last month.”

“You didn’t miss much.” Kyungsoo chuckles.

“I wanted to attend regardless.” Choi lifts a shoulder in a half-shrug. “A lot of people were expecting your return.”

“Ah well, I’m grateful for the good wishes.” Even when he knows most of them are fake. “Now that I’m back in action, we’ll have to catch up on some business deals.”

The kid’s eyes widen a bit as if he just remembered they had things pending. “Oh yes! Let me know when it’s good for you and I’ll stop by your office.

Kyungsoo nods. “Sounds like a plan, now if you’ll excuse me.” Kyungsoo smiles when Choi bows politely and he is on his way again, Baekhyun and Jongdae right on his heel.

He still has a lot to do.

The night goes by as fast as it can. The chatter and laughs decrease as it gets late. Kai parts from the group he had been with last. He finds Kyungsoo chatting just a few feet away. The weight of his stare alerts the other man sooner than Kai would’ve thought. He smiles, lifting a glass in his direction. The gesture brings a faint memory from a long time ago before they were even business partners.

However, Kyungsoo understands the message.

Kai glances back at Jongin, and they make their way out of the venue. They’ve socialized enough for the night. Minseok is waiting by the entrance in an all-black suit, white hair carefully pushed back, and face smoothed into an uninterested look. He nods when he sees them and leads the way toward their vehicle. A matte black Mercedes-Benz waiting a few steps away.

“How was it?” Minseok asks as he opens the door.

“Oh, you know, the same.” Kai pats his cheek affectionately before he gets into the car.

Jongin sighs. “He caused trouble again.”

“Why am I not surprised?” Minseok shakes his head. He closes the door after Jongin and walks around the car, getting into the passenger seat. Chanyeol was already waiting in the driver’s seat, however, he doesn’t start the car right away.

They wait for a few minutes, not too long, maybe ten minutes before the door to the car opens once again and Kyungsoo is sliding in between them.

“Gentlemen.” He greets them, giving them one of the few genuine smiles of the night. “Were you waiting too long?”

Kai leans in to kiss his cheek. “Not at all, and we would wait forever if necessary.”

Jongin smiles, kissing his other cheek.

Kyungsoo looks at them fondly. “Alright then, I’m ready.”

Chanyeol finally starts the car, pulling away from the venue and driving down the street.

“How was your night?” Jongin asks. He reaches out to hold Kyungsoo’s hand.

It took a while. After they confessed to Kyungsoo, it took a while for the three of them to adjust to this new dynamic, but they eventually found a rhythm that worked for them. Not because it was awkward or too much, but because now they had to add their personal meetings to the schedule. When you are three of the most influential people inside the organized crime world, anything personal falls behind.

They made it through.

Of course, avoiding labels also played a part.

They were with Kyungsoo through every step of his recovery after the kidnapping incident. Watching over his business so he could recover, taking him out on dates, separately and together, and even when he hosted his first event back. Which was, of course, a lot more interesting than what they witnessed tonight.

“It was alright.” Kyungsoo leans against the seat. “I feel like people were a lot more chatty than usual.”

“That’s just because they want to talk to you.” Kai chuckles. “Everyone wants some insight into what happened.”

Jongin frowns. “It’s none of their business.”

Kyungsoo pats Jongin’s hand. “It’s alright, I knew it would be like this from the beginning.” He raises an eyebrow. “I heard you were creating chaos even before I arrived.”

Kai smirks. “I was just making things fun. The event was so boring I was almost fading away.”

“You’re so dramatic.” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. “As if you’re not used to them by now.”

“I was there just because you wanted to go… I had better ideas to spend our evening.” Kai sighs dramatically.

Kyungsoo hums. “Better ideas, huh?”

Kai looks at him and there’s a tinge of playfulness in his eyes again. “You know me enough to understand the context.”

“For sure.” Kyungsoo shakes his head, but he smiles regardless. He doesn’t know how he got here, but what a ride it is. “But I feel bad for Jongin having to put up with your chaotic energy all night.”

“He causes issues everywhere he goes,” Jongin says.

“You know you love it.” Kai chuckles, reaching out to pinch his brother’s cheek, which is quickly slapped away. “I make your life interesting, too.”

“No, you don’t. Kyungsoo makes my life interesting.” Jongin sighs. “You make my life hell.”

Kai laughs. “I love you too, Jongin.”

The banter continues as they enter the underground parking. They’ve been doing this for approximately six months. Secret dates at each other’s places, private restaurant reservations, or even getaways to some other place where they could be themselves. Although they were not hiding it, few people knew of their relationship.

And they prefer to keep it that way for now.

They’ve been business partners for a while, and Kai is sure some people suspect what’s going on between them. However, letting every enemy know they could be each other’s weaknesses is dangerous.

Not that it would ever stop Kai and Jongin from getting rid of any potential competition in that department.

Like they did tonight.

They take the elevator up to the top floor where Kai and Jongin’s penthouse is. Sometimes Kyungsoo stays over, has dinner, watches a movie, or has a drink with them. Sometimes they would go over to his house. Regardless of where it was, it gave them a sense of normalcy.

Getting to feel like any other couple even if they weren’t.

They walk inside the place and it’s almost like a weight is lifted off their shoulders. They can pretend they’re not organized crime bosses and do as they please. Kyungsoo is the first one to hit the shower, while Jongin prepares a quick snack and Kai looks for something to watch. It doesn’t matter what they do as long as they spend time together.

Once they’re all comfortable and snacks are ready, they sit on the couch.

Jongin quickly pulls Kyungsoo towards him, wrapping an arm around him and burying his nose into his neck. He’s usually not as interested in whatever they’re watching and a lot more interested in Kyungsoo. The other did not complain, however.

“Better?” Kyungsoo asks when he feels Jongin’s body starting to relax. The other simply nods.

They eat and watch the movie or pretend to watch the movie in Jongin’s case as what’s remaining of their night goes by. There’s nothing they would change. The three of them on that couch.

Together.

When Kyungsoo opens his eyes the next day, it takes him a moment to adjust to the light coming in through the window. His brain registers that this is not his bedroom, although he’s very familiar with this room by now. He’s been here enough times to know it just as well as he knows his own room.

Stretching under the sheets, he’s half conscious of the grip two pairs of arms have around him. it’s warm and nice. This would probably be the one thing he’ll never get used to, and he honestly hopes he never does. There’s movement to his left and he sees Jongin stretching as well, opening one eye and then the other. Disoriented stare before his eyes land on Kyungsoo.

And there it is.

The bright smile Jongin gives him when they’re alone. When he’s just being himself and has nothing to worry about. He’s gotten so many of those smiles in the past six months, a lot more than he ever got in the almost ten years they’ve known each other.

He would lie if he said he was getting used to that smile as well.

“Good morning.” Kyungsoo whispers. Jongin snuggles closer to him, placing a soft kiss on Kyungsoo’s shoulder and letting out a sigh.

If anybody ever told him Kim Jongin was a cuddler, he would laugh in their face.

But it’s true.

He loves to cuddle, and it’s crazy when you think about it properly. It’s Kim Jongin after all. The man who claimed he hated his guts and wanted him dead more than anything.

“Morning.” Jongin’s raspy voice reaches his ears. He clears his throat before he pulls Kyungsoo closer.

“Getting out of bed will be an arduous task, I see.” Kyungsoo runs his fingers through Jongin’s messy hair. They all have work, but he’s not in any rush to get up just yet.

Jongin hums.

Kyungsoo takes a moment to glance at Kai, who’s still asleep. According to what he’s heard, Kai is always up very early, however that has not been the case whenever he stays over.

Jongin shifts next to him. “Morning kiss.”

Kyungsoo chuckles and shakes his head, kissing Jongin’s cheek, and making him groan.

“No… morning kiss.” He insists. “A real one.”

“That was a proper kiss.” Kyungsoo smiles.

“Listen, I heard kissing is the language of love, so let’s have an actual conversation.” Jongin is dragging his words, probably half asleep still, so Kyungsoo doesn’t know how his brain is working.

Kyungsoo laughs. “Are you trying to flirt with me, sir?”

“I’m fluent in it, too.”

There is no way.

“Hmm, I see.” Kyungsoo grins, playing with Jongin’s hair. “I guess I’ll have to find out.” He gives in, leaning in to kiss Jongin, who immediately melts into the touch. He pulls Kyungsoo closer, if even possible, groaning when the kiss goes from a simple touch to what he would call a deep conversation. His skin was burning, and he barely woke up.

Kyungsoo pulls back eventually, feeling a little breathless. The need to kiss him again boiled on his lips. He doesn’t however, he needs to get up soon.

“Was that good enough of a conversation?” Kyungsoo whispers.

“No… but I’ll take it.” Jongin sighs, stretching once again before he sits on the bed.

“You’re so silly.”

Jongin smiles. “I didn’t use my cute-cumber line yet.”

Kyungsoo bursts out laughing. “Please don’t.”

“Let’s go back to the conversation thing. I don’t know what it was, but I want in.” Kai then says, surprising the other two.

“I thought you were asleep.” Kyungsoo chuckles.

Kai smiles, eyes still closed. “I’ve been awake. I just did not want to leave the bed yet.”

“You have work to do today, Mr. Kim.”

Kai pulls Kyungsoo to him. “I know. Let me start with a business meeting right now.” By the tone of his voice, Kyungsoo could tell it wouldn’t be a conventional meeting.

But what a meeting it was.

Somehow, they made their mornings together work, just as they did with the rest of their relationship. Either Jongin or Kyungsoo would make breakfast, while Kai checked his usual newspaper. They sit down to eat together, talk and, as the morning goes by, they all transition to business naturally.

They hear the door opening and closing, however, neither of them is worried. Minseok walks into the living room, tablet in hand and completely suited up for work as he always is. Not a single wrinkle on his suit and his hair is perfectly styled. Behind him, Baekhyun walks in as well, with just the same quality.

“Good morning gentlemen,” Kai smiles, putting his newspaper down. “Lovely to see your handsome faces this morning.”

Baekhyun raises an eyebrow.

“I’m sure it is,” Minseok replies, unbothered expression as he looks through his tablet. “We have some damage control to do today.”

Kyungsoo blinks. “Damage control?”

“A group wants to pull some of their deals, and Wang Jaemin apparently thinks and I quote that ‘it’s not ing worth it’ after last night.”

Kai laughs. “He’s so dramatic.”

Kyungsoo frowns. “What did you guys do?”

Jongin simply sighs.

“He says he feels threatened,” Minseok says. “Apparently one of them, or maybe both said some things last night?”

“Is that what that ruckus was about?” Kyungsoo turns to Kai and Jongin. Kai is still smiling as if nothing is happening.

“I’ll fix it, don’t you worry.” Kai chuckles.

Minseok narrows his eyes at him and sighs.

“I will! They were being a bit too thirsty over Soo, so Jongin and I made sure they weren’t anymore.” Kai lifts one shoulder. “It had to happen.”

“Oh dear,” Kyungsoo shakes his head.

“In my defense, Jongin did the threatening. I just spilled wine over someone.”

Minseok crosses his arms over his chest. “Right, and was Jongin the one to expose someone for dating their boss’ daughter?”

“Well, yeah, that was me.” Kai laughs. “I’ll fix it. Relax.”

“I’m even afraid to ask.” Kyungsoo sighs.

“I incite chaos… it’s what I do. I don’t know why they keep inviting me to these events.”

“Would it make sense for them to not invite one of the most influential people in the underworld?” Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow at him.

“I guess not, but as long as they keep inviting me, this is what they’ll get.” Kai shrugs.

Minseok sighs. “Other than that, we have a delivery today, and you have a virtual meeting with Mr. Han for that SC group deal. The rest of the day is free.”

“Yeah, I’m sure it won’t stay like that for too long.” Kai goes back to his newspaper.

Baekhyun quickly goes over Kyungsoo’s schedule as well, and somehow Kai squeezes lunch together in between meetings. He claps happily once he gets what he wants.

Kai stands up, putting the newspaper down. “We’ll be ready to leave soon.” He then frowns. “Where’s Chanyeol, by the way?” usually the rather silent man is with Minseok when they do their morning briefing.

Minseok sighs again. “He’s…”

Kai gets it. “Ah, avoiding Baekhyun.”

“Me?” Baekhyun crosses his arms over his chest.

“Yeah, he’s not very social.” Kai chuckles. “And you are the opposite of that.”

“I thought he was warming up to me. We were together in the same room for over ten minutes yesterday and he didn’t escape.” Baekhyun smirks.

“He was probably thinking about escaping,” Jongin says. He leans in to kiss Kyungsoo before he heads down the hall back to their room.

“I’m running out of ideas.” Baekhyun sighs.

“Listen, Chanyeol is… he’s special. He doesn’t trust people easily and most of the time he doesn’t interact with anyone unless he has to. It took me months to get him to talk to me about things that were not related to work.” Kai shrugs. “If you’re set on him, it’s going to take a while.”

Baekhyun is silent for a moment.

“Don’t stress about it.” Kai pats his arm. “For all we know, he probably likes you, but won’t admit it.”

Kyungsoo sighs. “We should get going.” He turns to Kai. “See you for lunch?”

Kai grins. “See you then.”

Once they’re gone, Kai gets ready for his day. Minseok pulls out a pack of cigarettes that he has been holding for a while. He looks surprised when his boss declines once again.

“I’ll pass. Soo doesn’t like the smell, so I’m trying to not use them.”

Minseok raises an eyebrow. “Who knew you had to be whipped for Do Kyungsoo to stop smoking? Jongin will be pissed when he finds out.”

Kai smiles. “He’ll be alright.” He then points at Minseok. “And use the word whipped one more time.”

“How’s everything?” Kyungsoo asks as he steps out of the car, warehouse coming into view. Receiving and moving merchandise is often quite simple, however, when the prize is high, he has to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible. Not that his warehouses have been hit in a while, after the whole kidnapping incident his business hasn’t suffered any losses.

Apparently getting rid of Lee was the answer to their problems. He sometimes wishes he could’ve been there to see his end, but things developed the way they had to. Now he just has to make sure a shipment worth millions, makes it safely to its destination.

Jongdae nods as he approaches him. “All looking good so far, boss. Luckily the Kims sent a few men so we’re working faster than expected.”

Kyungsoo smiles. “Good. We need to get this show on the road soon.”

Baekhyun then steps out of the car, along with Sehun. “You’ll be done right on time for lunch then.”

“That’s the plan.” Kyungsoo nods. He likes to supervise these kinds of jobs, especially after what they went through. If anybody tries to steal anything, they surely won’t have a nice time.

“Oh! I see a tall Greek god in the distance.” Baekhyun suddenly says. A smirk tugged at his lips as he observes the very familiar visage of Park Chanyeol supervising the operation. It’s getting quite hot, yet the man is wearing a three-piece suit and flawlessly styled hair without sweating not one bit.

Almost as if he can feel their eyes on him, Chanyeol turns. His eyes collide with Baekhyun’s and almost immediately he walks in the opposite direction.

Jongdae covers his mouth to stop himself from laughing. “A not-so-interested Greek god it appears.”

Kyungsoo chuckles.

“We’ll get there. It just needs time.” Baekhyun shakes his head.

“You’ll grow old,” Jongdae says. “You’re too thirsty for him.”

“You can talk all you want, Dae, but I’ve seen you checking out Minseok’s …”

Kyungsoo burst out laughing. “Alright, you two. We have things to do. Get to work.”

“Yes, boss.” They say in unison, however, they continue their banter as they walk away.

“Sehun.”

“Yes, boss.” Sehun steps forward for the first time.

“Get Mr. Kim on the phone. I want to confirm our lunch appointment.”

Sehun nods. “Right away, boss.”

.*.*.*.*.

The loud music makes the entire building vibrate as the pile of bodies sway to the rhythm. The temperature keeps rising as the night goes on and more people add to the mix. Peaches , one of Kai’s favorite clubs, is almost at max capacity when they walk through the sea of people close to midnight.

Luckily, the place had not been ransacked after they took care of the situation with Lee months ago. Not that they ever stopped watching over it. They were always watching.

Even when they were supposed to be there for pleasure. Kyungsoo had insisted on going, since every time they had been inside the club they were in separate booths. Now, they get to enjoy the night, and each other, together.

Jongin leads the way to their usual private booth, on the second floor. He’s wearing a simple white t-shirt underneath a leather jacket and ripped jeans and his hair is falling over his forehead, making him look younger. He’s holding Kyungsoo’s hand tightly, who is also holding Kai’s hand as they break through the dancing bodies.

Once they finally reach the booth, a server quickly walks over to offer drinks. Kai smiles as he orders something for the three of them and he then sits on the couch, pulling Kyungsoo with him so he’s sitting on his lap. The other wraps an arm around him with a smile.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun stand by the door, while Minseok is downstairs checking everything around the club.

“Maybe we should’ve done this on a slow night.” Kai buries his nose into Kyungsoo’s neck. Luckily, the closed booth does the trick to muffle the music outside. The other simply smiles.

“I don’t know. I like a packed club. Besides, it brings memories.” Kyungsoo’s eyes land on Jongin, who’s standing close to the railing. He knows he heard him, and he confirms it when the other looks back at him with known darkness covering his eyes.

“Ah, I see.” Kai smirks, pulling Kyungsoo closer. “We can easily reenact that night if you want to.”

“Wouldn’t you like that?” Kyungsoo chuckles.

“Oh, I really would… a lot.”

“Behave, Mr. Kim, we just walked in.” Kyungsoo pats his arm affectionately.

Soon their drinks are brought up. Wine for both Kyungsoo and Jongin and Kai got himself a bottle of that old whiskey he likes so much. Even Chanyeol frowns, staring at the bottle from his position by the door.

Kyungsoo takes a sip of his glass. “I’m pretty sure you’re shortening your lifespan by drinking that.”

“And smoking,” Jongin adds.

“First of all, I don’t smoke as much anymore.” Kai reaches out for his glass and takes a quick sip. “And also, this is a glass of nostalgia, despite what you might think.”

“That nostalgia will kill you, and I’ve been working hard to keep you alive” Jongin shakes his head.

“I’ll be fine, it’s not that bad. Chanyeol’s had a few glasses, right Chanyeollie?” He gestures at the man in question, who simply looks away. “I’ll remember that.”

Kyungsoo laughs. “Just admit defeat, darling.”

“I’m not where I am today if I ever admitted defeat.”

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow. “At the top of Seoul’s underworld?”

Kai grins, leaning in so he can lower his voice. “Sitting under you.”

“What am I going to do with you?” Kyungsoo shakes his head. He’s amused regardless.

“You know exactly what you can do with me.” Kai shoots him a challenging look.

Kyungsoo hums. “If you behave you might get what you want later.” He then stands up. “One of you two care to join me on the dancefloor?”

Jongin frowns. “Downstairs?” He glances at the currently packed dancefloor. “It’s too crowded.”

Kyungsoo takes a look over Jongin’s shoulder and he smiles, shrugging.

“People can touch you very easily.”

“That doesn’t mean they will.” Kyungsoo can only smile at Jongin’s concern.

“I don’t like it.” Jongin takes a deep breath.

Kai then stands up, holding Kyungsoo’s hand. “I’ll dance with you. If anybody touches him, I’ll break their hand. Don’t worry.”

Jongin is silent for a long moment, the music switching to one he knows Kyungsoo likes.

“Fine. I’ll watch from here. The moment I see some strange movement, I’ll pull you both back up.”

Kai chuckles. “Yes, dad. We’ll be back before curfew.”

“Watch your mouth, Kim.” Jongin narrows his eyes at his brother. However, the other is already on his way down, followed by Kyungsoo.

Regardless of what Jongin said, the sea of people breaks in half as Kai leads the way in. Pretty much everyone knows who he is, and they know better than to upset him or stand too close to him. Kai smirks as he stops in the middle of the dancefloor, turning to his… boyfriend? Lover?

Kyungsoo chuckles, leaning closer. “That’s a nice trick.” He says into Kai’s ear, over the loud music. The other laughs.

Kai leans down as well. “I’ll show you my secrets someday.” He says, one of his hands finding its way around Kyungsoo’s waist, pulling him closer if possible. His fingers brush over Kyungsoo’s lower back as they dance. Their eyes connected in a stare that lasts forever.

The song changes as they dance the night away, sweat forming on their foreheads. Kai’s fingers eventually find their way underneath Kyungsoo’s black shirt. He grins in victory as he touches the skin lightly, brushing against the edge of his jeans. Kyungsoo’s grip around him tightens, and he speaks into his ear once again.

“You’re not behaving Mr. Kim.”

Kai chuckles. “I never said I would.” He’s painfully aware of Kyungsoo. His cologne, his warmth, all of him, above the rest of the world around them. The song changes again and the crowd seems to get comfortable with his presence as they get closer. He knows Jongin probably doesn’t like that, not one bit, so he tries his best to keep everyone at a safe distance.

A minute into the song, Kai notices the shadow of someone getting closer behind Kyungsoo. It appears to be innocent at first. However, as the guy gets closer, Kai sees a hand reaching out to touch Kyungsoo. His body reacts before his brain can even send any commands. He grabs the sneaky arm, turning Kyungsoo around with his free hand, just so he’s standing behind him. Kai stares right into this dude’s soul, sending him a clear warning and shaking his head as he twists the guy’s arm until the other is screaming in pain. He can hear him over the music, but even if he couldn’t, he can see the painful grimace on his face.

That’s all he needed.

Kai lets go of him and faces Kyungsoo with a smile, just as if nothing happened.

The other shakes his head, grabbing Kai’s hand. He gestures towards the second floor and Kai nods. Kyungsoo leads the way towards the stairs, however as they approach them, Kai gets a different idea. He, instead, pulls Kyungsoo back, smirking when the other raises an eyebrow. Kai pushes Kyungsoo towards the back of the club, walking past the bathrooms and other closed doors. He opens the last door. It’s dark, but he knows what’s inside.

They walk in and as soon as the door closes behind them, muffling the loud music outside, Kai pushes Kyungsoo against it. His next move was something they both expected. He smashes his lips against Kyungsoo’s, basking in the feeling of having him so close. He doesn’t think he’ll ever get used to this. To the goosebumps flying through his skin, the shiver running down his spine, and the air leaving his body.

And he barely just kissed him.

Kyungsoo’s arms wrap around his neck, instantly responding to the kiss. His fingers play with Kai’s hair, before tugging on it gently, making a groan escape his lips.

Kai slides a hand down Kyungsoo’s side. His own body is on fire, aching for more. Before he knows what’s going on, Kyungsoo is pushing him against the wall, hand clasping the back of his neck and they’re kissing again. If there’s anything he loves more than kissing Kyungsoo, is Kyungsoo kissing him.

He takes control in no time, biting on Kai’s lower lip. Kai smiles into the kiss. He doesn’t remember ever feeling like this towards anybody else. Nobody has ever done to him what this man has, and Kai has the feeling it can only grow from here.

They pull back at the sound of the door slamming open, their eyes not leaving each other for a moment before they turn to see who dares interrupt their moment. The annoyance doesn’t last long as they find a very upset-looking Jongin on the other side of the door, phone pressed against his ear, and he glares at both of them.

“I found them. They’re fine… although they won’t be soon.” He quickly hangs up and crosses his arms over his chest. “A heads up would’ve been nice. I turn around for one second and you’re both gone.”

“We took a detour.” Kai doesn’t seem guilty at all.

“Where’s your phone?”

Kai blinks. He pulls his phone from his back pocket, noticing several missed calls. “Oops.”

“Yeah… oops.”

Kyungsoo smiles. He walks over, pulling Jongin’s arms away and kissing his chin gently. “Sorry, it was your brother’s fault. We were heading back upstairs when he changed his mind.”

Kai laughs. “So that’s how it’s going to be… I didn’t see you complaining.”

“You’re both lucky I care about you. I’m not in the greatest mood.” Jongin shakes his head.

“Well… how about we head back home, and we improve that mood, hmm?” Kyungsoo winks at him, before turning to Kai.

“You won’t see me complaining,” Kai smirks.

And he definitely didn’t.

 

 

 

Twitter: VanillaNini1