Chapter Thirty Three

White Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When seeing the cart, the younger girl was reminded of when she had traveled with Wu's kids and her sisters. She thought about the seat inside the cart, then planned how to sit and how to hold it to protect if the same trouble happened. However, her plan was in vain. Inside the card, there was only one seat - it meant she had to sit next to Wu's daughter without being able to avoid it.

Caihong felt strong pressure. She tried to tell herself to calm down and relax.

Even if she tried hard to hide, the hawk eyes of the female scholar could still see it. 

Actually, it was the best time to tease the girl, but the elder woman decided to not do it. 

Before taking off the cart, Lantian told the driver to drive slowly when they reached the bad condition road. In addition, while traveling, she didn't say any word, just opened the window at her side and looked at the view outside.

With such an attitude, the daughter of Yang was able to reduce some pressure. Still she was not feeling easy to sit close to the top woman.

Lantian sensed that; so, she expanded her arm to open the window at the girl's side.

With this, it allowed the cool wind to fill the space making the younger girl very relaxed. 

Now the two could have their own times.

Through the opened window, Caihong saw the road and the site and she guessed that the elder sis would take her to her family’s vegetable farm.

Correct; it was that place.

“You can take whatever you want,” Lantian said.

It was a little shy to get the property of others even though the owner gave permission. Nonetheless, she had no choice since she had a promise with the young boss lady of the farm already.

Caihong walked around the green garden and selected the types she wanted. Once she chose, Lantian would pick it for her and put it in the basket that she was carrying.

Actually, she wanted to pull by herself, but she was afraid that she would ruin the plant, so she had to agree with the elder woman to assist her.

About this matter Lantian could sense it, also she guessed that the girl would not feel well if she called the workers in the farm to come; therefore, she worked with her herself.

After collecting enough vegetables, Lantian gave the basket to the farm male worker.

“Take it to the cart. And don’t forget to spray water on it,” she said.

“Yes,” the worker said.

Afterwards, she turned to Caihong, “Don’t you want some meat?”

“It’s okay. I have some at home. It’s enough to make the food,” Caihong stated.

“Good. Then, go up.”

“Why go up?”

“I need to clean my body. Look! There is a lot of dirt.”

It was true. Because of helping her, daughter of Wu was full of grime.

To pay some thanks, the younger lass agreed to go up the stairs.

Lantian told her to wait for her in the dining room, but she didn’t want to; she went to stand on the balcony that she had stood during last visit.

Under the shade of green long plants, the second daughter of Yang pinned her eyes on the view around with her mind at ease. 

This kind of moment, she felt it was like a dream – since she didn’t expect she would have the chance to feel nature once again after that day. 

Thanks to the high lady that made her able to have a good hour with nature the second time. And this time was special because her sisters didn’t come along, allowing her to have a full relax without a burden.

Because she was attached to the calm view, she didn’t sense the footsteps of the elder woman coming. Until Wu’s girl palms were applied on the rail next to her, she awoke and spun to her saying, “Are you finished?”

“Yes,” Lantian stated.

“Then we go.”

“Not yet.”

“Do you have another job?”

“No.”

“Then why don’t we go?”

“I want to show you something.”

“Show what! The sun is about to set.”

“Yes. You can see that thing when the sun is about to set.”

This claim made the younger girl furious, too, about what the high daughter wanted to show her.

The lassie stood quietly by the rail near the female claimer who was looking at the direction before her.

Step by step the sun dropped her body into the horizon.

“Look,” Lantian said and pointed her finger to the front.

The young colleen looked following the bigger girl’s telling.

From the far away setting, before the orange background, a piece of dark thing leaked from the ground.

“What’s that?” Caihong stated.

“They are bats,” Lantian said.

“Bat!”

“Um.” Lantian nodded. “Over there, there is a jungle and some caves. Among the caves, there is a big one and inside there are a lot of bats living. When the sun sets, those bats will come out to find food. Usually, they fly in groups and in a queue. Later on, you will see they will look like a dark wave or dark string that can move lively over the surface of the sky.”

Like the top woman narrated, the group of bats gradually increased its size and length and became a line. First it was dark, but not so clear. A moment later, the line became darker and darker until it was a chubby and long inky rope. Moreover, she could see the elder sis standing n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter