epitome of nightlife 「 part 1 」

together with you (series of short stories)

genre: romance

A/N: i don't know what this is. i'm writing this as i go. hopefully it turns out well in the end. (02.23.13)

summary: soohyuk is dragged out by woobin to go out at night after a week filled with sulking in the apartment when he meets her.

"You need to get out of your apartment. This is getting crazy. You need to feed your cat." 

Hyuksoo rolled on his side, facing away from his friend, Woobin. He made a loud grunt, and threw the pillow behind his back. He failed to hit the other, only to push over a glass of water and spilling it all over the wooden floor. "Leave me alone. My cat is fine. We're both fine. I'm fine."

Woobin sighs. "I'd hate to do this," he says as he takes his phone from his pocket to call Youngkwang and Jonghyun for some help. 

"What're you doing?" Hyuksoo asked, sticking his head up after he hears his friend dialing on his phone.

"Calling for back-up."


"Wow. They even got him all dressed up," Som said to Woobin, looking at Hyuksoo up and down. Hyuksoo lifelessly stands behind the group as they stood in line, waiting to get inside the club. 

"Took us a long time to get him in those clothes. Hyuksoo's arms are so long and lanky!" Jonghyun complained. 

"I'm trying to work out, okay," said the one who defended himself.

Som rolls her eyes and tiptoes over the people in front of her to see if the line moved closer.

"Hyuksoo, I swear. You really needed to get out. You haven't been to work so I'm sure you're already fired." Jonghyun pats his back, reassuringly, "what's going on? Is it Minhee? That's a long time ago and you really need to get over her."

The other boy didn't say a word, while the others looked at him with worried eyes. 

"Look. We just set you up with a friend of mine, okay? I'm sure you'll like her. She's the sister of the owner of this club and I've known for her a while so I'm sure you guys will get along," Som reassured her friend, who was still dull as gray.

Once the group got inside after a long time waiting in line outside, all eyes were on them. The whole group was the epitome of perfection. Girls whispered amongst each other, talking about how gorgeous the boys looked while Som was lucky to be with them. A couple of guys even noticed her subtle yet noticeable beauty. They were really a gorgeous bunch of people, standing out from everyone. 

They sat at a secluded corner near the dance floor. Woobin already ordered 7 bottles of beer while Youngkwang caught sight of a foreign girl across the dance floor and Jonghyun joined everyone else in the dance floor. Hyuksoo sat next Woobin, with a still unopened bottle of Hite. 

Som came back from the dance floor with a blonde girl. "Hey guys. This is my friend Yoomin. Yoomin, these are my friends. The one with the happy smile is Woobin and the one with the frown is Hyuksoo." Hyuksoo let out a small smile and went back to sulking. 

Yoomin smiled. "Nice to meet you guys."

Woobin, who seemed to be enthranced by Yoomin's beauty, was stunned with his jaw dropped. Yoomin blushed as she seemed to notice that Woobin's eyes were on her. 

"Anyways, WOOBIN. We should go to the dance floor. Youngkwang wanted to introduce you to some foreign girls he just met," Som signaled to her friend who snapped back to reality. 

"Oh! Really?" He jumped up and went with Som, leaving both Yoomin and Hyuksoo alone.

Yoomin attempted to start a conversation with Hyuksoo, but he doesn't seem to be listening. The tension between the two became more awkward by the second. She eventually started  to feel ignored and left without a word, but Hyuksoo probably didn't even notice she was gone.

 


 

The night went on. The music seemed to get louder and louder and it was ringing in everyone's ears but as music intensified the more Hyuksoo seemed to blend in with his seat. He's only drank 3 bottles and he's not one bit sober, although he did feel like the whole place was becoming blurry.

He rubs his eyes and turns to his left, feeling the seat next to him sink, he sees a woman. Black long hair, long eyelashes and perfectly shaped eyes staring right at Hyuksoo. She had a martini in hand and she took a sip of it, then smiling at him.

"You looked lonely," she said. 

to be continued   。。。