Ending: Karina

Glimpse of Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week had passed since I saw Winter again.

 

I wish I didn't.

 

I really do.

 

Because if I hadn't seen her, then I wouldn't be feeling like this right now—like I’m back from square one.

 

“Kami na ulit ni Winter.”

 

That's good.

 

That's what Winter has always wanted even when we were still together—to be with Lia again. I guess her late night crying was all worth it.

 

Akala ko okay na ako.

 

But when I looked in her eyes again, everything came flashing back to me.

 

The love I  had  have for her.

 

The pain.

 

A knock in my office disturbed my thoughts, “Ma'am, may naghahanap po sa inyo.”

 

I've been keeping myself from the counter of the shop just in case they came back again. I told my staff to be in charge for a while.

 

“Who is it?”

 

“Hindi ko lang po sure, Ma'am.”

 

Hoping it was Jeno or Ningning, my business partners, I came out of the office and entered the shop.

 

It was not Jeno.

 

Nor was it Ningning.

 

It was Winter.

 

I asked my staff to leave us.

 

Hinarap ko siya, “What are you doing here?”

 

“I—” I saw her swallow, “I don't know..”

 

Even after all this time, I couldn’t find myself to be mad at her. But I also didn’t have any reason to hold myself back from being cold and aloof.

 

“You should leave. You have no business being here.”

 

I was trying to contain myself from breaking down and showing her that I was still so ing vulnerable when it comes to her.

 

I turned around, she grabbed my arm, “What do you want, Winter?! You have Lia, what else is it that you want from me?!”

 

She clenched her jaw and looked down, “I want to talk..”

 

I laughed, “Well we don't always get what we want, do we?”

 

I shook my head and took the deepest breath I could take. I needed to calm myself down, “We have nothing to talk about, Winter,” I said in a calmer tone. “I let you go because that's what you wanted. Please let me move on in return. I think I deserve that.”

 

She didn't answer.

 

I guess she was still good at that—not answering.

 

“Go back to Lia.”

 

She finally broke her silence when I was about to leave, “I don't love her.”

 

What?

 

“What did you say?”

 

“I don't love Lia.”

 

I wanted to laugh out loud because of what she said, “For two years you made me feel like I couldn't match the love you had for her. I had to endure your frequent cries.”

 

I looked up para pigilan ang luha, “Tangina

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter