They met.

Something happened that changed their lives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The neighborhood convenience store was still lit up until two o'clock, and the shelves were empty, signaling the end of business hours for the day. Kang Seulgi stepped into the convenience store and went straight to the food aisle, quickly choosing the only remaining potato chips and noodles she didn't dislike and preparing to check out, when she noticed a new face at the checkout counter. Dressed in a washed denim shirt and navy blue apron overalls, with a work tag with the convenience store logo around her neck, the side with her name hidden on the back, the woman was frowning, looking like she was thinking about something, or waiting.

 

Even so, she still looks very good. A plain face with bangs tucked behind her ears, she noticed that the woman's two ears were not symmetrical, and one seemed to have a mind of its own emerging from her hair and beckoning her to pay attention. There was no way she could not look at this little beckoning ear. It's like a cartoon she watched when she was a child, "Dumbo", in which Dumbo's ears always go up and down with the air currents in the air when flying. If the woman's ears move, it will also be this feeling, right?

 

The line of sight shifted down, Seulgi saw the woman holding a small retro Bluetooth speaker, which seemed to be made of walnut wood. Speaker embedded with a metal knob, indicating that it also has the function of a radio, you can receive FM signals to listen to radio stations.

 

The standard female voice of the broadcasting cavity ghostly emerged from the small speaker, echoing in the silence of the convenience store:

 

"Now, the station broadcast the last evening news: recently the city has two cases of missing adult males, according to police information that the missing persons are living alone male. Police reminded that people living alone must pay attention to their own safety, do not have too much contact with strange and suspicious people, and do not casually disclose their information."

 

Seeing a customer coming, the woman turned the knob to turn off the small speaker on the desktop, and organized their work clothes, pick up the code gun ready to receive Seulgi.

 

She was feeling bad now. Any normal person would not want to hear the missing news at close to two in the morning, not to mention the fact that she would have to walk at night later. She was crying in her heart. Her tendency to waffle always came out surprisingly well at such times. Something dangerous wasn't going to happen later, was it? Like in "Detective Conan", the evil black organization always hides in the shadows and spies on their targets, then picks the right moment to strike when they are not prepared in a dark and windy night ......

 

Immersed in her inner fantasy, she forgot to maintain the balance of the food in her arms. The plastic packaging and paper shells rolled off and clattered against the glass counter. Looking at the items scattered in front of her, the woman looked up at her with wide eyes and confusion. Knowing the presumption of her behavior, Seulgi did not dare to meet her eyes, so she only glanced at her before quickly ducking her head to avoid the woman's gaze. Making a quick swallow, she pointed at the counter and said, "Check...check out. Get a bag by the way."

 

The woman laughed lightly and began to pick up the items one by one in her hands to scan the code less skillfully, whispering, "Clumsy."

 

Seulgi's face flushed. "It's not that! It's because I was just shocked. That news. I was wondering if someone might be hiding in the shadows spying on me like the man in black in Conan."

 

The woman nodded. "There's a reason people say they have a sixth sense. Feelings don't lie. When you start to realize something, it means that somewhere something is beginning to show itself."

 

"Wh...what?"

 

Pulling a plastic bag over her hand to put the food in, the woman raised her face and said half-seriously to her: "What I mean is - maybe your premonition is really accurate, and someone does have their eyes on you."

 

A strange feeling crawled up her spine. She's face changed slightly.

 

"Just kidding. Don't worry." Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter