First

Captivate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Head alpha!” A chorus of greeting echoes the meeting room and everyone in the room bows in respect.

 

      Sunggyu nods slightly and assume his position at the front, in the middle. Once he sits, everyone else follows suit.

 

      “We may begin.” He says and stares in boredom.

 

      The weekly meeting is a pain in the but Sunggyu as the alpha leader for the pack cannot skipped out from sitting there. If you asked him, he’d rather be in the someone’s hold right now more than anything.

 

      A boring boring hour later.

 

      “–and that concludes our plan for winter.” Hoya finishes his report. Being Sunggyu’s right arm, Hoya takes responsibility for their welfare matter.

 

      Everyone else in the room holds their attention to the second command in the room, obviously bored out of their asses too, but since their head alpha hasn’t said anything, no one dares to conclude the meeting adjourned.

 

      Sunggyu sighs, daydreaming, he doesn’t notice the increase of silence in the room, everyone is looking at him expectantly.

 

      Hoya grunts silently, knowing that the head alpha, who is also his best friend’s head is currently not in the room. He clears his throat, “Head alpha?”

 

      Sunggyu snaps out of his reverie and notices everyone’s stare on him, waiting and wanting something from him. He blinks, lost on what possibly they want from him, until he sees Hoya mouthing, ‘I’m done.’ He side-eyeing the slide and Sunggyu is saved from embarrassing himself further.

 

      “Uhm, sounds great. Let’s conclude our meeting here.” He says in finality, ignoring the stare from his subordinates.

 

      His announcement is met with happy reaction from everyone and they leave the room in trickle, leaving only Hoya and Sunggyu behind.

 

      Hoya chuckles in knowledge, knowing well what or who occupies the head alpha’s mind at the moment. He’s been this way since the newest addition to their pack harbours a certain omega that captured the head alpha’s attention.

 

      “Have you talked to him yet?”

 

      Sunggyu colours red from neck to the cheeks, embarrassed at the implication suggested by his best friend. No one knows yet how Sunggyu is head over heel for someone. He has been famous with not wanting to find a mate before, so with this new current upturn of event, which is very unlikely of him, makes him conscious of his every action. He tries to act nonchalant, not showing his interest to everyone, but alas, maybe Hoya knows him too well.

 

      But that doesn’t mean he’s not going to act like he doesn’t know what Hoya is saying after all. He has reputation to uphold.

 

      “What are you saying?” He averts his gaze from keep seeing the smirk on the other alpha. Damn Hoya for knowing everything about him.

 

      “You aren’t that slick you know. I bet everyone knows already.”

 

      Sunggyu eyes widen at the prospect. “What do you mean by that?” He is sure he covers his track expertly. No one should be able to tell, not in his opinion at least. It’s true he has frequented his visit to the omega’s complex, but as the head alpha, not like it’s unknown behaviour. He has to care for everyone’s welfare anyway. Okay maybe he slightly over visits this one specific hut, belongs to one omega, but he never stayed long, just a couple minutes max, satisfied with only looking at his face. He never initiated a conversation either, afraid to be caught of catching feelings for the omega.

 

      The omega, Woohyun, is not the typical soft curve beauty like the rest of omegas he has countered before. No. The man is slightly muscly (nothing compares to him of course.) Omega can’t gain definite muscle; but what little muscle he has, framed his lean body perfectly. He has dimples scattered all over his face, (that Sunggyu wants to kiss each and every) and his eye smile could melt an iceberg. Sunggyu has never been this entrance with someone before. It’s like, he has been waiting for his whole life for said man.

 

      But Woohyun has never said anything to Sunggyu either, suffice with giving the head alpha a smile only. Sunggyu is a er for that smile, like it’s reserved only for him.

 

      “Don’t you think you should make your move by now? He’s unmated you know. But that won’t stay long. You know how many alphas in our pack are pining for him right?” Hoya says the very thing that haunts Sunggyu every night.

 

      The head alpha sighs dejectedly. He knows that too. After a week of their arrival, Woohyun has been one of the most sought omegas. Every unmated alpha tried to get into his pants since day one, but the beauty rejected all of their advances. But that only fuels to their desire for the man. He knows that not every alpha in his pack adhere to the pack rules strictly. There hasn’t been assault case for so long, thanks to Sunggyu’s leadership, but doesn’t mean they won’t try to bent the rules.

 

      Alpha has this ability to release pheromone to make omega submitted to them. And even though it is prohibited, there has been attempt in the past. Of course, the perpetrator who used the prohibited skill would be banished from the pack immediately, but the damage done is irreparable. Sometimes, omegas who have been under the situation could not even find the act horrible. It is in their gene to submit to alpha they said. It’s a horrible thought to fathom.

 

      Sunggyu shudders at the possibility of someone using the skill towards Woohyun.  

 

      “Am I that obvious?”

 

      “Oh yes. You have been throwing heart eyes at Woohyun all week. It’s sickening to watch actually.” Hoya teases.

 

      “Yah, I’m still your head alpha.” Sunggyu threatens lifelessly. He can’t be mad at Hoya; everyone else talking like that to him would be reprimanded immediately.

 

      No no. The man knows too much of his secrets.

 

      “Well you should try talk to him at the feast tonight.” Hoya pats on his best friend’s shoulder after seeing how the man is lost to his own thoughts, obviously about Woohyun again. He has never seen Sunggyu so smitten over an omega before.

 

      The feast. Yes. The one that takes place tonight – to welcome the newest addition to their pack. Woohyun would be there.

 

      Of course.

 

 

The feast isn’t something too big. There are long tables filled with various food and chairs set up in the middle of their village. The trees in between the houses are decorated with colourful dried flowers garlands and fairy lights; and there are also bonfire and music.

 

      Everyone wears similar attire. The alphas wear black, the betas blue and the omegas wear white. The younglings wear green.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter